Time to help the good folk

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I did a sesrch, and found a couple answers. One of which came from a siurce I'd trust
"They are normal flies yes. They are there because they are attracted to the shit in the soil. Things like manure or guanos or other shit filled ferts will attract them. They wont damage anything though"
I'd imagine, since maggots don't eat plant matter (as far as I know, and experience) I would think they would help aerate the soil, and the crap more thsn likely would only help.
But as I said earlier, I've never experienced that issue, nor do I know anyone

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I ain’t tryin to cuz no damn drama for sure! I actually thru a jar in the back of the closet we will see if makes it that long! Lmao
No problem. I didn't get the impression you were.
I would like to see a study on the topic. I'm not a heavy smoker. I mainly use it for pain, and music.
I think the problem is it gets used up too fast to test a batch that has been stored for more than 2 years?

Moshmen

Moshmen

No problem. I didn't get the impression you were.
I would like to see a study on the topic. I'm not a heavy smoker. I mainly use it for pain, and music.
I think the problem is it gets used up too fast to test a batch that has been stored for more than 2 years?
We are smokers daily! Lol wax and weed for multiple symptoms pain and anxiety being the worst - try hard to be pill free Lol
I’m a mechanical guy so the whole growing thing it’s been a challenge but I’m determined to have a nice room someday that produces high quality bud! Lol not that mine bad now , but I know my environment sux and most guys in my shoes would struggle . Lol

now music we are old school hard rockers - gettin ready for our first live show in over a year - shine down , seether, candle box dirty honey and 4-5 others . I assume you play ?

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I never used Hydroton either.
If I were in Canada, with nice cool weather, id be in rockwool all year.
When I usd rockwool, ill use an 8 inch block, sourounded by crutons of rockwool.
I always soak my rockwool for 48 hors at 5.3 ph, with Pleanty of 02 in the water.

I might be wrong but I though Grodan changed there process or something by taking the limestone out of it or something,and your not suppose to have to pre soak them any longer, next time you soak them in 5.3 ph water take note if the ph rises over the next few hours and I guess we'll have an answer, I be curious to know. either way I see no downside to soaking them .

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I might be wrong but I though Grodan changed there process or something by taking the limestone out of it or something,and your not suppose to have to pre soak them any longer, next time you soak them in 5.3 ph water take note if the ph rises over the next few hours and I guess we'll have an answer, I be curious to know. either way I see no downside to soaking them .
When they started claiming that, I only let em soak an hour, or 2. Dam, they're are, well at least were full of crap.
Lucky I check my table runoff ever feeding, and the PH was going in 5.4-5.5, and coming out in the 6's, maybe 7's (I don't remember the #'s, but they were high.
I spent several hours for days flushing the plants at 5.2 (as I was told rockwool shouldn't be fed under 5.0)
I was able to keep the plants as healthy as possible until the runoff was in range. 5.4 going in, 5.8 going out, so it wss still sitting at 6.1 or so a week later.
I don't care what they say. From then in, and for good I'll soak em for 2 days adjusting the ph back to 5.4 after 24. It's just not worth taking a companies word. It msy be that way now?, and I msy have gotten old blockd, but safe than sorry every time.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
We are smokers daily! Lol wax and weed for multiple symptoms pain and anxiety being the worst - try hard to be pill free Lol
I’m a mechanical guy so the whole growing thing it’s been a challenge but I’m determined to have a nice room someday that produces high quality bud! Lol not that mine bad now , but I know my environment sux and most guys in my shoes would struggle . Lol

now music we are old school hard rockers - gettin ready for our first live show in over a year - shine down , seether, candle box dirty honey and 4-5 others . I assume you play ?
i have too laugh at “old rockers” when you name those bands from the nineties,…

Pabstnug

Pabstnug

I did a sesrch, and found a couple answers. One of which came from a siurce I'd trust
"They are normal flies yes. They are there because they are attracted to the shit in the soil. Things like manure or guanos or other shit filled ferts will attract them. They wont damage anything though"
I'd imagine, since maggots don't eat plant matter (as far as I know, and experience) I would think they would help aerate the soil, and the crap more thsn likely would only help.
But as I said earlier, I've never experienced that issue, nor do I know anyone
Sweet thanks for the info. The flies seem to be just a neusence and not really doing anything to the plant. Threw a couple sticky traps dangling and that seemed to do a justice. Thanks again for your help! Feeling confident goes a long way with this plant.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

There's ALWAYS a place for "Mechanical guys" in this industry.
I took to growing right away. My 1st grow in HS 10 th grade, with no clue what we were doing ended up as some of the best bud in my town. No seeds, sappy sticky, and oddly enough, NO MALES!!?? 17 plants, and no males. I think luck was on my side (the growing aspect) from the start..

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

@Ghostexperience . Everything is dried, and ready to bag, or cure.
I wanted to ask if you flush with your method?
What was the highest your EC got, and for some reason I think you know what was going on in your root zone. EC there?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Looks like this thread is fizzeling out.
Lets keep this one going.
I've never run into a grow thread that had so much knowledge.
The best knowledge was NOT coming from me either.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Looks like this thread is fizzeling out.
Lets keep this one going.
I've never run into a grow thread that had so much knowledge.
The best knowledge was NOT coming from me either.
Sorry I’m fairly new I only troll for new methods/things I might try - I run a limited controlled environment- always open to learn as someday I will have a room or building ! Lmao so sorry I can’t help from a info stand point

let me think I’ll come up with a question or two! Lol

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Sorry I’m fairly new I only troll for new methods/things I might try - I run a limited controlled environment- always open to learn as someday I will have a room or building ! Lmao so sorry I can’t help from a info stand point

I'm sure it will get moving again soon. I was hoping to pick some more methods, and had been excited every time I'd come to this thread.
I've done well through the years. Until this post I don't think I'd met more knowledge growers until this thread.
2+ a table, and sometimes substantially more is responsible for anyone. I'd like to up that to an ave of 3, and with some of the info I've received, I think I have a new mark to shoot for

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

1500+ posts, and "just a troll"?
I didn't appreciate the laugh at that post..
Doesn't add up.

KushNAshn

KushNAshn

5 weeks flowering? How many weeks does she go? Thoes buds are gonna get fat!
Long, and lots of white hairs sitting on a cola is a good sign in one of my books too.
Can't the guy's using LED's see how massive these yields are..
To each his/her own, and I'll be more than happy to work with anyone, but man, I remember when those companies were dropping a ton of $ for propaganda..
If ya look at the videos, they're all sponsored by the LED cos.
The legit vids, show the truth, but they're hard to find.
I still have 4 Corners, Scott's OG, and one other pack of RD strains. Maybe Docs OG?
Any of those have potential?
Were you the delivery service called tasty farms?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I think I'll post this here. I know I could have done better. Hopefully the old crew will give me some honest thoughts here.
I found this pic. I hadn't seen it in years
Fcdcejbe

Moshmen

Moshmen

1500+ posts, and "just a troll"?
I didn't appreciate the laugh at that post..
Doesn't add up.
Bad verbiage, not asshole troll - just trollin like a boat fishing for info ! Lol

I am in no way a master grower just a guy who gets it done! Lol maybe one day when I have all the shiny gear and environment control- even then I think I’d shoot for quality over quantity. I assume your already growin the best possible ? You just want up your production to improve the bottom line ? Just good business !

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Bad verbiage, not asshole troll - just trollin like a boat fishing for info ! Lol

I am in no way a master grower just a guy who gets it done! Lol maybe one day when I have all the shiny gear and environment control- even then I think I’d shoot for quality over quantity. I assume your already growin the best possible ? You just want up your production to improve the bottom line ? Just good business !
Yes. I just want to do better. I'm really competitive by nature, and always want to be best at the things I love to do

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Nice work looks tasty foxtails included , heat? Or they just finished ? Eliminate the stress and yield will increase
It's how the strain grew. I newc3, or 4 others with it, and i grew it in a coco as well. They grew like giant pineapples. The colas are made up of these really cool, grest smoke, Pineapple (the bug grew almost as foxtails) it wss a clone only strain. It had been around a long time I remember, it's a Chem. I can't remember which.
I now know i could have done better.

Top Bottom