Time to stop lurking and get one going!

• Thread starter JerzeyMike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Hey Farmers! Thanks for this awesome sight, and all the knowledge y’all are dropping. I am relatively new to indoor growing, and actually only have three outdoor seasons as well. For me growing started out as a joke, and became a passion so fast my heads still spinning! I have taken two cannabis agriculture and horticulture classes online. One from Saint Josephs University in Philadelphia, and the other was called CTI. Cannabis training institute. Cti was very basic, but both courses taught me a lot! I am always trying to learn and improve my methods. Being on here has helped me with that tremendously. I prefer to stay on the organic side, and really dig the whole circle of life type stuff. Recently I had a run in with the law, and all of my plants were cut down 🤬 So now i am starting over, with only my legal limit of five plants. Ive decided to try and run them in 40 gal. Pots and hopefully can make this work. So far everything is ok, watering is going to be a challenge at first for me. Ive never worked with pots this big. Took this this morning and these are a month old today.

Time to stop lurking and get one going
R

ritoMox

🤝✌️

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Thanks. Right now, ive got one of each, epoxy og, peanut butter skunk mints, goblin god, and purple sour d. The purp was from a bagseed, the others are testers i was given. I am anxious to get them sexed and see what I will clone out for number five! I am in home cooked living soil, and am only feeding with compost teas. ( terp tea by roots organics). Also since I am limited on how many plants i can have, ive decided to start some rose bushes.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Ive got a few questions about compost tea. Whats the longest you should brew, and how long can it stay in the res? Bubbling or not?

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Thanks. I was considering later on, when ive got to water more often, on trying to hit them twice a week with tea. Right now with these small of plants and these big pots, its not an issue yet. Once a week is all i can do right now.

R

ritoMox

Thanks. I was considering later on, when ive got to water more often, on trying to hit them twice a week with tea. Right now with these small of plants and these big pots, its not an issue yet. Once a week is all i can do right now.
The Rev has a bang'n tea process. The site seems to be offline right at the moment, but when it's back up it's worth the read✌️

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Thanks man! My bags are a little low right now, ill have to take all this off when i top dress and put some type of cover crop in, but Im having fun playing with them.

R

ritoMox

Thanks man! My bags are a little low right now, ill have to take all this off when i top dress and put some type of cover crop in, but Im having fun playing with them.
I believe that you got the right idea using bigger pots for organics👍
If you have a Y-Tube account, Jeremy is big on dropping organics knowledge: Link
And just because I dig the simplicity of this method, check out Farmer Mudballs simple mix:
Peace

Last edited:
JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Appreciate it! It is a very simple method, the worst part is cleaning up after brewing the teas. Other then the living soil, I am only using like 4-5 dry amendments. Roots organic terp tea( grow, bloom, and bloom boost.) and some epsom salts when in flower.

R

ritoMox

Week six (give or take a day) from sprout. In amended living soil. (Second run). So dar so good, waiting on my cover crop to arrive Monday. Just had a tea party with them yesterday. These big pots stay wet forever!
Looking great. What's that Skunk you got going there?
0ccf8f2c-1a89-445e-8486-9e2935e846a8-jpeg.1287822

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Its called peanut butter skunk mints. It was a tester given to another guy, and passed onto me. Breeder is old school chronic, but I don't know him. From what i can find online, it sounds good. Worth giving a shot for sure. All four of these are different strains. The other are epoxy og ( same breeder) goblin god (unknown) and purple sour d. Bagseed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom