Time to switch

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

Hey farmers. Been doing this going on 5 years now and am thinking about switching nutes. I have given this a lot of thought and I must say this is somewhat hard for me as I am DIALED IN on my current nute schedule.
I have been using Advanced Nutes, pretty much their full line and am thinking about switching to the Lucas formula. I have done some research regarding this and would like some imput from some who are currently using this method.
I will be using sunshine 4 and pearlite for medium in 5 gallon pots. So if there is anybody out there that is currently doing something like this I would love to hear from you.

K

kolah

I can't help ya Putem' but it's good to see you still posting...I am just an outdoor soil growing chump.

Why the switch? cost savings? if something is working well, why change? just saying. :)

Power OG

Power OG

hello, i am not using what you asked about, but i do know advanced nutes are over priced. i use hydroponic reseach, dirty veg+bloom, +life,+size. its a 3part powder very easy, good price, and i learned of this thru the farm, and i love it. i also use nectar for the gods advanced line ,and you can get samples of each if you pay shipping cost. if you need any more info ,message me and id be happy to help u out.

Natural

Natural

I use to kill it with GH..modified Lucas formula hand-watered..it's a little difficult to flush the saltiness from 5 gallons of peat though, but I got great flower expression. I think it was 9-10 ml of micro and 5-6 ml bloom in veg..then I would flip those numbers for flower...used CalMag and some Floraliscious with EWC and bennies in the soil. I'm on GO base nute now..it's like Age Old or Iguana Juice..gotta use up what ya mix pretty quick. If you are used to a 2-part base you might like H16 or a cheaper version like MBFerts ..or maybe Jack's Professional's Dirty like Bozo and POG have suggested.

Last edited:
putembk

putembk

@kolah, I am switching for several reasons. First, cost, then have not heard good things since AN went to PH perfect formula and last I am tired of getting grief for not being 100% organic.
I currently have enough AN to last long enough to do research on another line. I appreciate all advice and will continue to gather info. Will check out the advice and sites you guys suggested. Thanks Power, Natural and JAB.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I use the lucas but I don't switch the recipe depending on which phase. Just straight 8ml micro 16 ml bloom per gallon of water. I grow in dwc so i can't comment on how it works in soil but idk what the difference would be.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I use gh 3part in coco and recently rockwool too. Im having good results. The 3-2-1 in veg and 1-2-3 in bloom is the basic formula from GH. Im playing with formulas to see what's working best. Check out my thread. Rival runs GH 3 part in Roots 707 with great results too.

sixstring

sixstring

Im back using a/n now because I have a bunch that is getting old but I ran the lucas in coco , soil and a mix of the 2 and my plants were just average.i did much better with jacks classics dynamic duo in the coco/promix.its super cheap and nothing is more easy.but im back to a/n and also ionic and im happy with my girls again. But im still using jacks for all my veggers lol.seen a few.nice grows with the pure blend pro but not much experience with it myself.gl

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
If you're concerned about the organic issue Lucas formula is not an answer to that.
I have a great soil recipe- which requires no time to cook- I've been using recently which I'd be glad to share if you feel like toying with fortified soils and full organics. It won't get you through to harvest with only water, but I've just been adding minor amounts of age old and earth juice bottled stuff as needed to feed spikes, in addition to top dressing guano and of course AACT.
Stellar results.

Top Bottom