Time to transplant in coco

• Thread starter Yndisfagur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yndisfagur

I have 3 bubba kush's that are in the small red cups and now would be a good time to transplant but...

I had to start 2 other jamaican OGs as 2/3 died and are now a month behind the rest of the crop.

Is it wise to leave the BK in the cups despite now being a good time to transplant so as to keep them small while the other plants catch up?

I feel like i've read somewhere that you can't become rootbound in coco or it isn't an issue. Is this a complete fallacy or is my strategy feasible.

Thanks

S

Shrubs

I have 3 bubba kush's that are in the small red cups and now would be a good time to transplant but...

I had to start 2 other jamaican OGs as 2/3 died and are now a month behind the rest of the crop.

Is it wise to leave the BK in the cups despite now being a good time to transplant so as to keep them small while the other plants catch up?

I feel like i've read somewhere that you can't become rootbound in coco or it isn't an issue. Is this a complete fallacy or is my strategy feasible.

Thanks

Hello, new to the Farm but experienced coco grower here.

You'll have root bound issues. Your stress will show up in various forms, such as purpling on your stems, possible inter-veinal chlorosis and other slight deficiencies as you'll notice your coco drying out very quickly. You can keep your plants stunted by leaving them in the smaller pots, just make sure to keep your fertilizer levels accordingly low and watch for problems.

Top Bottom