Timer Suggestions?

• Thread starter Meakanu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Meakanu

Meakanu

Howzit Farmers.
I’ve been trying to find a good on/off timer to run the pump that feeds my plants via drip irrigation.
I’d like to find one that I can program to turn on for 30 seconds 3-5 times during the light cycle.
Any recommendations?

brrraad

brrraad

Howzit Farmers.
I’ve been trying to find a good on/off timer to run the pump that feeds my plants via drip irrigation.
I’d like to find one that I can program to turn on for 30 seconds 3-5 times during the light cycle.
Any recommendations?
this one works great, just plug it into a normal programmable timer for your on times

B

brimck325

ipower digital electric timer on amazon……you can set up to 8 on/off times a day. cheap n working great for over a year now...

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Meta vega if u want a cheaper basic timer. Only goes half hr on off but it's reliable

Enforcer

Enforcer

This is what I use to run my pumps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=astroai+timer&psc=1

$45 is not bad for that cycle timer. However this one is only $16. Down side is it only goes down to a minute. I pump to a manifold, so if a minute is too long I just restrict the flow there. Works great so far. It runs my main pump. Then I use the second plug in to run my sump pump. It waters, waits ten minutes for the run off to drain, then pumps the sump to a catch res that gets dumped. Very cool, but I nerd out on that stuff. LoL

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Titan brand for the win. I power is cheap shit and you get what you pay for

Enforcer

Enforcer

this one works great, just plug it into a normal programmable timer for your on times
It looks like this one only goes to an hour off. Meaning it would water once an hour. I assume that’s why it’s inexpensive as most 24 hour cycle timers I’ve seen run about $120. So then I reread your post and I think you have yours inline with another timer? I’m interested in how you have it set up. If feasible I may do something similar next run. Thanks.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
It looks like this one only goes to an hour off. Meaning it would water once an hour. I assume that’s why it’s inexpensive as most 24 hour cycle timers I’ve seen run about $120. So then I reread your post and I think you have yours inline with another timer? I’m interested in how you have it set up. If feasible I may do something similar next run. Thanks.
I think what he means is it is hooked up to his light timer, and cycles the first time when light or lights come on. It does have a photo cell option (dawn til dusk)that it would come on when the lights come on and trigger that. But if say the timer isnt in the room where light come on it would not trigger it to start.

Meakanu

Meakanu

Thanks for all da reply’s guys.
Solid info here fo sure! Watering once a hour is not a option for me. Restricting my water flow so the pump can run for a whole min is a option and probably what I’ll do.
Thanks again for all the reply’s

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Get one that has a second and minutes timer

FYI, drip can be problematic in that they can get blocked. I was using Hydro Halo Drip Rings, I even drilled out the holes to no avail/. F & D for the win

Top Bottom