Timing Flush

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Should I start a 2 week flush 2 weeks before the hypothetical finishing period or use some other clue like the trichomes just beginning to turn amber or maybe cloudy?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I also flush for only 4 to 5 days, at the same time reducing humidity. I also don't push too many nutrients, so there is less need to flush.

dorjewright

dorjewright

I've got some Blueberry clones that started to show a sprinkling of amber and maybe 50/50 cloudy and clear trichomes at 6 weeks (a 6 to 8 week strain); hairs are pretty much all brown on the tops of the colas.. After a weeks flush the leaves are turning yellow and there's a few more amber trichomes; but not 50/50 by anymeans. Going to wait until most if not all trichomes have turned cloudy. So another 3 or 4 days to a week.
Now I'm growing in amazon bloom soil this time with half the grow using earth juice nutes, the other half general organic. The reason I'm flushing this time - was not satisfied with the taste - seemed kind of harsh last grow. General organic and earth juice feeding schedules do call for a flush.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I just purchased a couple bags of EJ amazon for the first time. I have a thread opened about it, if you get a chance it would be helpful if you stopped by. I'd like to go into your results more but I normally use black gold organic soil with multiple teas, quanos and top dressing of amendments. Along with a few liquid feeds. Enzymes, bio AG fulpower, SNS bloom. I will give a 2 week flush. First week using a sweetner(molasses or cutting edge sour D)and ph water only. Start of second week I give 1 full strength watering of groteks final flush and then 1 more watering of just water 1 last time. Last watering is 3 times the pot size. So it's a hefty one. Seems to clear most of anything out besides the left over organic matter. By that time my leaves are yellow with a healthy look to them though. I then let the plant sit in full darkness for 2 days to let any other nutrients left in the plant sink to the bottom of the roots. Hope that helps a little.

Top Bottom