Tiny Dark Green Worm On Leaves

• Thread starter Amorette764
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Amorette764

Hi first time grower here wanted advice i have an indoor tent with 5 flowering (5th week ) and i noticed 2 leaves that was full of little holes and found a tiny little dark green caterpilar type worn on 2 leaves all my buds look good and didnt see anythin growing or moving in there so my question is what are they and what do i do next thank you all

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Those are bud worms.
The spawn of the bud moth.
They chew a few fan leaves, then burrow into the buds to pupate.
If you see them, squish them.
Once they get into the buds, they poop all over and that feeds mold.

Look for brown sugar leaf sticking out of a bud.
Give it a tug. If it pulls loose easily, that bud will likely be moldy inside.
B.T. is a good preventative.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard

A

Amorette764

Ok thanks no brown sugar leaves on buds they are all dark green so how do i use bt ?

A

Amorette764

But they dont start inside the bud right ? They get into your bud ?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Those are bud worms.
The spawn of the bud moth.
They chew a few fan leaves, then burrow into the buds to pupate.
If you see them, squish them.
Once they get into the buds, they poop all over and that feeds mold.

Look for brown sugar leaf sticking out of a bud.
Give it a tug. If it pulls loose easily, that bud will likely be moldy inside.
B.T. is a good preventative.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard
I hate that.you have a lovely big beautiful looking cola and your thinking u can't wait to chop it.then as u say a wee brown leave or real small discoloured patch and you look and it's like opening a rotten banana-all mooshy and fucked up and falls to bits at the slightest touch

A

Amorette764

I dont have any of that though so what should i do or be looking for ??

A

Amorette764

I only found 2 tiny worm things feeding on 2 lower leaves i checked buds with a magnefying glass and cant see any rot or discolor i try to expand or bend the bud and that shit is too sticky and feels dence super dence im asking because i really dont know what else to be looking for thanks or what to do i just odered bt bit should i spray the whole plant bud and all ??

A

Amorette764

20170504 172827

cannabeans

cannabeans

When you say "tiny"... Do you mean like 1/8 or 1/16th of an inch or larger ?

A

Amorette764

No not that small maybe 1/3 or 1/4 in if i were to stretch out very skinny and dark green i looked around the whole plant and only 2 were found

A

Amorette764

But like i said the buds dont show holes or any kind of opening they all look like the pic i sent how do those things even get in there i am very careful with my tent and keep it closed but this is my first grow

A

Amorette764

I also have 5 plants in the tent and those 2 little muther f##### were found only on 1 plant

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

how do those things even get in there

They eat their way in.

No worry. If you found them near the bottom while still that small, you have, dare I say, nipped this problem in the bud. :)
They stuff themselves on fan leaf until they are 1/2 - 3/4 inch long, as they munch their way up the stalk.
All you need do to get infested indoors is open the tent after dark when the moths are active.
They prefer the hemp family and can smell it from miles downwind.

A 1/2 inch layer of worm castings on the soil surface repels them, dryer sheets in the tent screw up their scent detection, and B.T. will kill them.
A minor, but annoying ,problem.
They seem to go for the fattest, prettiest, buds.
Say what you will about the wee bastards, they do have excellent taste in weed. :D

Aloha,
Weeze

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I think that the moth lays eggs directly on the plant, near the bottom.
They hatch, and do what they do best, eat.
When they get to the top, fat and sassy, they eat their way into a bud to pupate. Protected from birds by the sticky resin.
Then the moth emerges and flies off leaving behind a ruined bud.
Rinse, lather, repeat. :)

A

Amorette764

Ok will get the worm castings if thats the case the good thing is that my plants super stretched about 4 feet and the bottom half is lollipoped so its a long was up and the 2 that i saw on that one plant were very small didnt even look like full caterpilars yet my plants are how do you call when you take the (defoliated ?) So not much to offer them to start !! But i will still double check the plant to see !!!

Top Bottom