Tiny fast moving bugs coming from coco. help!

• Thread starter innercityphunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

innercityphunk

I just watered and noticed these tiny little bugs crawling around in my coco.

they were almost clear. I don't think they were mites because they were cursing around pretty good. they were gathering on the lip of my 2 gal pot.

anyone have an idea as to what these are?

thnx
icp

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
fungus gnats im guessing. u can use products like gnatural. i also hang a bunch of hot shot no pest strips in the area it really kills the ones that fly fast but they only last about 10-14 days it seems not the 4 months they suggest

I

innercityphunk

I thought knats went from worm looking larva to flying.

these guys are running around on legs.

is this some kinda in-between stage I've never seen?

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Soil mites, they come in coco from Sri Lanka. They don't hurt the plants or roots, but are a nuisance pest and will breed in good numbers when in the right environment (i.e. grow room). Use Bayer Complete to kill them, and its best to pre-treat the coco when you soak it.

420Gator

420Gator

i just cover my coco in perlite to keep it bug free, picked up the tip somewhere on here and it works great

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
IF YOUR PLANTS START TO LOOK LIKE THERE GOING DEFFICIENT YOU HAVE ROOT APHIDS PICS WILL HELP...I have seen many gardens destroyed by them this year...JACK

true grit

true grit

yeah i agree with jack. if they are clear little worms they are root aphids. Your plants will start looking deficient and yellow on the lowers. And start drying up and dying. Bayer Tree and Shrub will fix it. Add it to your clone mix too. Been puttin it in at around 5ml/g and had to trash a lot of plants that were past repair....

I

innercityphunk

huh... the plants don't look stressed.

I think green mopho nailed it with soil mites.
they are'nt worm looking so I dnot think they're root aphids.

I will try to get a pic of them.

thnx u guys.
icp

J

Jsän

Are you flowering? what week?

make sure your medium is saturated ..slice up some potato about 1/4 thick. place onto of plant medium. THey should flock to the potato. Much easier to take a picture. and to squish.

works for gnats and RA equally well.

I

innercityphunk

Not flowering, they're moms.

I dug down a Lil to expose some roots and they look nice and healthy, with no sign of damage. and those bugs wer'nt on them.

I ran a Lil aza max in there and stirred up the top soil to get them running around so I could just smash them between my fingers.

I'll see how that works before I try the potato trick.

the plants are looking really healthy. i just get hella worried anytime i see any type of critter in my grow space.

I'll get some shots to show what I'm working against.

thnx
icp

squarepusher

squarepusher

a healthy plant should be able to resist little critters, how a weakened plant may be come susceptible to death. The Fungus Gnats eat the roots I believe to survive

A late term serious infestation, will show itself as colored leaves, lack of vigor in the plant and dying leaves as well

L

lil miss lone

I just watered and noticed these tiny little bugs crawling around in my coco.

they were almost clear. I don't think they were mites because they were cursing around pretty good. they were gathering on the lip of my 2 gal pot.

anyone have an idea as to what these are?

thnx
icp

Root aphids, it sounds like. Are there any flyers?
Azamax will keep them at bay, if you want to go organic. And every three days soil and lower stem drench will keep the problem from getting worse. Chems will kill them, but thats up to you and what do you want to do. The Azamax will help though, and its good for fungus gnats and root aphids, as well as spider mites.
Luck to ya.

true grit

true grit

When you go to post just add it to the manage attachments area. That should give ya full size on whatever you are uploading...or did ya try that one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom