tiny grow, how to best use space?

• Thread starter John.g.citizen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

John.g.citizen

Hi everyone, first time poster but I love the forum. I am hoping to get a sanity check on my plans before I commit to anything foolish.

I had a small hid setup a few years ago and I am in the process of setting up a very small tent with a 60x60cm flower area and small mother/clone chamber to the side. (60x90x138 cm total)

The idea so far is to build 2 dwc totes that cover the majority of floor space and experiment with sog/scrog to try and get the best yield per month possible.
I have 2 120w qb panels so plenty of light

I would like to try:

Sog, harvesting 1 tote with 6 to 8 plants every 4/5 weeks. My main concern is keeping cycles in sync and how quickly they might empty a tote (each would be roughly 30L)

Scrog with 1 or 2 plants. Pretty standard practice and much more control but slightly slower

I am curious if anyone has tried a vertical grow in a space like this? I could scrog vertically, hang one light on the wall and one normally to have a floor and wall canopy.

Thank you for reading this far

PK1

PK1

Supporter
2021 12 02 110952
64L/16gallon totes dwc with single plant in a 4x6x10 121x182x304 room, scrog net 4x4. It all depends on how big do you want to make the plant to achieve good yields. ill have everything explained in ft vs cm just for easy calculation and you can math it out what it is in cm. lol

2ft x 2ftx4ft is your measuring, you have to keep air exhaust/intake, light and the totes in mind. This takes about 2/3ft for equipments meant for tent and about half ft for the totes. This is something you have to custom build it to your specifications. I've seen people grow in a computer case and used computer fans for air and have built their own led's.

These are photo periods and have been vegging for about an month and flowering for seven weeks now. Upon flipping the light to flower, they screeched about a ft.
2021 11 29 140425
2021 12 04 154933

J

John.g.citizen

Hey pk1 thanks for the reply, they look great, very nice coverage. Can I ask how much air your pumping into those totes? I am planning on 1 9w and 1 5w pump split between the 2 totes just to give some redundancy.
So the tent I have is a 2 in 1 and I can remove a wall to gain an extra 1' width in an emergency. I have some space and and hoping to run a raspberry pi based controller for humidit, temp and CO2, I have space to mount things above the tent on a shelf so depending on temps I would be recirculating air through a carbon filter mounted externally.

Do you have any experience with sog? I understand it's all about maximizing canopy and scrog gives the best control over that, however if I can get a similar canopy with sog I should get a similar yield with much shorter veg time, but it doesn't seem very popular these days so I'm curious why. I have heard old school commercial guys do 14+ with the same space in milk cartons.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
i would run two air stones on the 5w air pump for a single tote dwc and have a good water agitation and that should be good enough.
you can run multiple plant with sog and scrooge net training. The scrooge net really helps to widen the branches out.

J

John.g.citizen

Awesome sounds like I need to just get going. Will definitely pick up a net and see how it all goes. Thanks for the help

J

John.g.citizen

Pk1 you have alot of good info on your page, hope you don't mind if I pick your brain a little in the future.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ya, let me know when you have a question either drop it here or on my page. Also, if you put a @ in front of any name then that person gets notified.

Top Bottom