tiny home grow

• Thread starter Smallzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smallzz

Smallzz

Got an opportunity for a little indoor grow up here in Washington. Here are the limitations...

It only has two bedrooms, both presumably on 15 amp circuits.

My thoughts are, a 600w light on a light mover for the veg room, and a thouie on a light mover for the flower room. Each light will cover 8 plants, the 600w in a 4x8 footprint, the 1000w in a 5x10 footprint. Am I giving too much credit to the light mover as far as being able to handle this footprint?

the 600w light and mover should be able to go on the same circuit as the room's window mounted AC, right? Or would I have to extension chord the AC from a different circuit in the front of the house? I'm already expecting to have to do this to the flowering room due to the 1000w light being on the circuit.

thoughts? Suggestions? Getting an electrician to rewire the rooms is a little out of the budget for the time being, so I'm trying to set up a tiny grow with what I got.

outdoor is unfortunately out of the question, because of local politicians barring the growth of marijuana entirely in our city.

The property is far enough out in the middle of no where that neighbors aren't a concern as far as smell goes, so at least I don't have to worry about carbon filters.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I most woke up so I just got a quick one. Dont waste your money on a 600 for veg. I used a 400 watt to vegg plants in a 5x5 area. Better yet, use florescents. I'll come back again when I'm awake.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Your best bet would be to veg in a 5x5 area, this will be more than enough space to veg for a 5x10 flowering area. Just make sure you super crop and LST your plants throughout veg to promote better light penetration. A 400 watt is good but a lot of people say fluorescent. But I feel that during veg were really just getting our plants up to size for flowering. Flowering is where lighting is most important so you get denser and even frostier buds. Your best bet would be 2 600's on a light mover with a 2 foot swing I think would be perfect, given your amperage limit.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Try running everything in its room. If your pop a breaker then use an extension cord for your AC. Before I switched to 240v I was always flipping breakers in my house. I ended up moving the microwave out of the kitchen and to a complete different area of the house. And I had to run an extension cord for one of my 1000's from my basement to the back of my house. That was what made me decide to rewire my basement for 240 lol

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

What are the dimensioms of your rooms? I really want this tk work out for you bro. I live in this beautiful state of washington to and I'm all about people growing their own quality meds :)

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

ive built out many house grows in small bedrooms under strict budgets. its nice in Wa cuz you can run fresh air xchange rooms fairly easily. i would forget light movers and just get 2 400w for veg, or 1 400w fixture and 1 4' t5. this way you can have two phases in veg. I prefer running 600 w lights when doing a fresh air exchange or trying to stay under a budget. 1000's are great, but just may cost more to keep an ideal enviro.

much luck to ur future build out, pm me and i can throw you a room design if your interested.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

ive built out many house grows in small bedrooms under strict budgets. its nice in Wa cuz you can run fresh air xchange rooms fairly easily. i would forget light movers and just get 2 400w for veg, or 1 400w fixture and 1 4' t5. this way you can have two phases in veg.

I've never considered a 2 stage veg. Thats fucking brilliant. 2 weeks under fluoro amd 2 under 400. Help with a nice easy transition.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I've never considered a 2 stage veg. Thats fucking brilliant. 2 weeks under fluoro amd 2 under 400. Help with a nice easy transition.
its great for establishing the stock. I prune to make multiple main branches early on and the t5 helps keep the node spacing stay tight. also nice for cloning and early starts

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I frickin love the farm. Never stop learnning stuff. Get on and try to help somebody setuo a grow room, and I end up learning something. Lol. Thanks guys! :)

Top Bottom