tiny microscopic white mites in my soil!!! help

• Thread starter SolidSnake88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SolidSnake88

hey i was inspecting my garden and found tiny white mites so tiny you can barely see them,.. can anyone tell me how much it will effect my plant and what i should do to manage it or get rid of it? im in my 3rd week of bloom,.. any help or advice is much appreciated!thanks

S

ssteely71

Research for images of hynoaspis miles bugs..... Those could be good bugs.

kushdaking

kushdaking

Chances are they arent going to effect your plants. One thing I do for soil insects is use hydrogen peroxide on a loe dilution level to water. 1:10 ratio. Its also good for the roots. Soil applicators at hydroponic stores such as organicides will take care of anything in the soil as well

monkeymun

monkeymun

Can you get us some good quality macro photos of them? Just giving us a basic description isn't enough for us to help you. Mite can be good and mites cab be bad. They might not even be mites!

Medicab

Medicab

Get some diatomaceous earth from your neighborhood nursery, and top dress you soil with it. Its organic and wont harm you or your plant, just the bugs . :)

Twisted pleasure

Twisted pleasure

If the health of your plants is ok I would not worry to much. If they were bad you would know it pretty quick. But yes Cap's is the real deal. I used to have gnats bad and his tea wiped them out. His tea flat out protects your plants from anything harmful especially if you re use your media. If your really worried I would def. do what Medi said D.E.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
H2O2 will kill more in your soil than the mites . . . including any beneficial bacteria you may want. identify the bug first. it's always good to diagnose your problem before treating it.
It's also good to figure out IF there's a problem, first.

Just because you see something living that you can't identify doesn't automatically mean it's harmful. Is the plant showing signs of problems? If so, then we examine stuff like what's living in the rhizosphere. If not, then don't worry about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom