Tiny red worms in buds

• Thread starter rieser82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
i found them after they dried. I had them suspended on string lines on the 2 level of an old carriage barn
I have no clue what it could be. Im just trying to ask some good questions so someone with more knowledge might see them and be able to quickly chime in with some advice for you : ) there’s some many bugs and worms out there in the world.

Are you in the US? We have some caterpillar worms that will get in your buds and burrow and you don’t see them until its too late! Or if you do see them on your buds ITS TOO LATE! Lol : ) have you done any worm searches in the web for worms and bugs in your local area? That might give you a better idea of what you’re looking at, and give you an idea of how to combat it. good luck!!

figolus

figolus

i dont know if this that work or not and if its possible , but if you put youre weed in hermetic bag and close this 24h or 48h think its possible, due to the lack of air, the worm dies.
I'm talking nonsense sorry

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I'm talking nonsense sorry
No worry’s man! If its nonsense enough some one will chime in and correct it : ) in theory it sounds good. I would just be worried that the worms would be shitting and thus causing some issues on the bud, plus I dont really want to smoke worm shit : ) hopefully you get it figured out! Do you think you might need to look into a treatment pre harvest while the plants are in flower?

figolus

figolus

I understand and yes Its possible for worm shit...After i have no Idea for that i'am sorry

Last edited:
figolus

figolus

after that it's outdoors, the insects have to deal with it. Maybe placing some repellent plants around...that could help.

Mothman

Mothman

If it’s a personal use grow, maybe put your dried buds in the freezer for a day or two to kill any critters. Then you can tear into your buds to see what’s good and what goes to compost. I’d be inclined to avoid making any edibles with this grow.

figolus

figolus

When i practiced outdoors, I know that during the vegetative phase, I use nettle manure as a foliar spray and before flowering I use neem oil as a foliar spray with black soap.as prévention. I haven't had a very Big problem problems with insects. I fight more with wild boars and deer. If that helps you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom