• Thread starter ReadySetGrowD9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TimeLine

TimeLine

someone else had posted about rinsing with water

I actually found this to be super helpful when dealing with pest inside also
if not in flower or just into flower

take a large bin and a smaller bin fill one with good water not to cold though and rinse with same water as I found if using tap it will cause PH issues...

be careful to try an spray motion rather then just tub splash em...

then take out and put into tub/another bin for a bit of runoff drying...

then put down in grow room on another bin in front of fan

another tip I read and works well is after watering rotate the pots as the moisture under them from runoff will attract bugs also so allow that to dry

this works well for watering system once a week to get a good drink and proper drying

it also helps damage the habitat they like to begin with dry,dusty, no air on leaves/plant

the ladybugs are no applied after a few weeks of rinsing and I have not seen a signs of mites and all plants vigor cam raging back and they were rough...mothers I wanted to keep

great thing through all that BS is 3 mothers never got touched don't know how but ding ding ding they seem to be resistant so those 3 now have added value to me

I also really amnoticing more and more strains to play a huge part in pest resistance so pay attention and learn from all the battles really

ok jummbled thoughts over

edit..

if you can attach a sprayer in tub spray undersides of leaves and stroke them as you do start at top and work down...if able bend slightly over to not fill to much water into top of plant top as they are getting bottom drink during process and adds more drying time the wetter the pots get(I have felt so waskinda a pain in butt

Last edited:
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Here's one method I use that works very well for spider mites.

First, make a solution of rubbing alcohol and water, 9 parts water to 1 part rubbing alcohol (I use 70% isopropyl) put that in your sprayer and spray the entire plants, making sure to get under the leaves as well as the tops.

Let it dry. That will kill all the adult spider mites instantly, won't harm your plants. Just make sure you don't go stronger than 9:1.

Second, make a very powerful neem oil solution. I usually double whatever it says on the bottle. So if it says, let's say, 2 tablespoons per gallon of water - I'll use 4. Make sure the water is warm, not hot, but warm, and constantly shake your sprayer as you spray your plants. Again, cover the entire plant, under and over the leaves.

Let it dry.

Third, take some diatomaceous earth, by the handful, and fling it at your plants, dusting the leaves. Give them all a good dusting, and sprinkle some around the top of the soil. Spider mites will lay eggs in soil, too. This gives any hatching eggs no chance to mature, they'll eat the DE and die.

2 days later, repeat the process, until they're gone.

You can also use Lemon oil in the same way as neem oil. This is actually preferred over neem oil, especially during bloom.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Oh and also, make sure you're watering your plants enough. Plants that are dehydrated or water stressed are far more susceptible to spider mites.

Kepp89

Kepp89

I’m no pro but look into lice shampoo and use it daily. Never open tent with dirty hands. Your phone is ultra dirty so keep it away from you when you garden.

Clean any and everything you put in your room. Humidifier. Fans. Lights. Exhaust lines/duct work. Anything. Make sure it’s clean.

I’m sure I’ll get mites later as one does, but 11 days in seems hecka early due to an oversight by the grower.

M

Morris B

I need help its my first gow im a noob i dont know whats going on With my seedlings botom leafs are y ellos and upper leafs have tiny whit spots, I looked every where and no sign of bugs or mites i dont know whats going on or What to use i have been growning them outdoors need advice!!

IMG 20190523 134644
IMG 20190523 134648
IMG 20190523 134654
Madbud

Madbud

I need help its my first gow im a noob i dont know whats going on With my seedlings botom leafs are y ellos and upper leafs have tiny whit spots, I looked every where and no sign of bugs or mites i dont know whats going on or What to use i have been growning them outdoors need advice!!
They look ok, probably just tree pollen.

T

The Brit

If it turns out not to be spider mites, it might just be thrips.. Here's some pics of thrip leaf damage..
https://www.sensigarden.com/thrips-marijuana/

Plant therapy is the best product I’ve come across in the years that handles a myriad of pest and pathogen problems. Unfortunately when it comes to thrips plant therapy does not succeed in eradicating the problem . It’s the best all around or on the market hands down in my opinion, but predatory bugs are much better for trips. The problem is you have to stop spraying plant therapy or you will kill the predatory bugs also.

Wildnstoned

Wildnstoned

Looks like spider mite damage. Look for little webs on the lower branch/leaf junctions to verify. Examine underside of leaves for evidence as well. Sometimes you can see them moving up/down the stalk.
What do I use to get rid of them?

Wildnstoned

Wildnstoned

T
Here's one method I use that works very well for spider mites.

First, make a solution of rubbing alcohol and water, 9 parts water to 1 part rubbing alcohol (I use 70% isopropyl) put that in your sprayer and spray the entire plants, making sure to get under the leaves as well as the tops.

Let it dry. That will kill all the adult spider mites instantly, won't harm your plants. Just make sure you don't go stronger than 9:1.

Second, make a very powerful neem oil solution. I usually double whatever it says on the bottle. So if it says, let's say, 2 tablespoons per gallon of water - I'll use 4. Make sure the water is warm, not hot, but warm, and constantly shake your sprayer as you spray your plants. Again, cover the entire plant, under and over the leaves.

Let it dry.

Third, take some diatomaceous earth, by the handful, and fling it at your plants, dusting the leaves. Give them all a good dusting, and sprinkle some around the top of the soil. Spider mites will lay eggs in soil, too. This gives any hatching eggs no chance to mature, they'll eat the DE and die.

2 days later, repeat the process, until they're gone.

You can also use Lemon oil in the same way as neem oil. This is actually preferred over neem oil, especially during bloom.

I hope this helps, good luck!
hank you so much you are Absolutely awesome.

Playerofgod

Playerofgod

My friend has a nice little plant growing and i looked at it today and there where all these tiny white spots on it, im attaching a pic any help would be great thanks
It's not spider mites. It's a powdery mildew that is caused from moisture and maybe the plants being close to each other. Get a spray bottle, fill it 40% milk and the rest water. On a sunny day spray the leaves. What happens is the sun turns it into a protein and kills the mold .Do it every 7 to 10 days.

Top Bottom