Tiny white worms on fabric pot

• Thread starter CropKiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CropKiller

CropKiller

TL:DR - 2 autos 1 week into flowering. Small white worms on the lower/mid sides of my fabric pots in coco. Plant is healthy. Frequent feeding / wet pots. Springtails spotted. No problems with plants (so far). Should I be concerned?

Hey guys,

This is my first grow in coco under LED's. I've previously grown in soil and a soil / coco mix.

My plants are just in their first week of flowering and the roots have started poking out of the 3 gal fabric pots they're in. I saw some of the roots moving and had to check twice to see they were very thin completely white worms sticking out of the pots as well (along with the roots). They're kinda just wiggling around on the outside.

I've got 2 plants with the same. Just 3 "worms" total that I've seen moving around. One of my plants is completely healthy and doing well whilst the other one has been having weird and twisted growth from its first set of leaves and I feel like it's just a bad pheno type. (Both auto flowers if that helps).

I did notice a spring tail or 2 on the top but these worms / larvae are on the lower / mid sides of the pot. Other than that, no other insects spotted.

I've also been feeding quite vigorously and the plants have been responding well in terms of growth speed (with no signs of overwatering) but that has also been keeping my coco consistently wet.

Do any of you think it's a problem? Maybe just springtails?

Any input would be great! Thanks
PS. If you have any advice for a new coco grower that'd be appreciated too!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Sheez any pics bro? Curious in coco I’ve not heard of any worms

CropKiller

CropKiller

Sorry, I forgot to add the pic.

It's tiny as you can see. I call them worms but they're more likely some sort of larvae

I didn't water the pots for 2 days and let them dry out a bit. Seems like they all stopped moving.

20200917 145936
Akabudz

Akabudz

That looks like gnat larvae to me. Leave a bucket of water outside for some time and you will see them swimming around or stuck to the sides of the bucket.
Check close in your medium to see if you can see gnats, yellow sticky strips top of medium will tell you

CropKiller

CropKiller

Thanks @Akabudz ,you're right I think they're fungus gnat larvae. I just saw 1 fungus gnat in the tent.

I'm going to dry out the pots a bit and let them go away on their own since the issue isn't that big yet.

Thanks alot!

Akabudz

Akabudz

I'm not that up on killing pests, however I'm sure some one with experience will pop in and help more đź‘Ť

Anthem

Anthem

BTI works well for killing off the larvae. Look online for Mircoble Lift, it is stronger than misquito bits.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Nematodes are the best solution for fungus knats, cheap about 23$ at most local grow shops. Waters in and they are effective

CropKiller

CropKiller

Thanks for all the input. Seems I caught the problem quite early. I just let the pots dry out a bit between each watering and there seems to be no more larvae

Top Bottom