Tips and Tricks

• Thread starter OutlanderDan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OutlanderDan

OutlanderDan

Hello THC Farmer community.
I’m new at growing so I’m sorry in advance. if anything I have done with my plants sounds stupid let me know I’m here to learn lol...

I just recently started LST my plants “ Mary and Jane” how clever I know 😂 unfortunately I don’t know the strains nore the sex of my plants so it’s going to be a surprise to us all, lol I found these seeds a few stashes ago.

1) Whats my set up?

some of you will cringe so I’m sorry again lol I have a cheap squared full spectrum grow lamp from amazon and a priceless light you guessed it good old sunlight. She’s on a schedual of day light around 8:30 until 4PM where they then get transferred under the lamp then respirating the next day the lights don’t turn off now however during their growth I didn’t know they needed so much light so they were on a 12-12 schedule. Then recently after long hours of reading I realized I messed up and switched to 24hrs to stop any potential early flowering. The light is hanging from the ceiling on a long chain In the corner of the room. Sitting about a 2ft above the plants.

2) Grow medium?

My plants were in potting soil with perlite originally in a red solo cup when it was time to transplant I then switched to Bush Doctor Coco coir (also has perlite) in 5 gallon fabric pots. I was feeding them fox farm nutrients and just recently purchased sensi-grow due to the simplicity and low maintenance(from what I gathered from the advertising and ratings). My plants were starting to turn on the tips so I started cutting the tips that weren’t looking so hot so they are a bit butchered.

4) Experiments -

Last week I topped both of them and today I decided to bend it so she gets more light and grow more buds. I don’t know if I should of done both or if one is better than the other but they are my first plants so I figured I get wild. I was thinking of putting them in flower on Jan 13 but I’m not sure if they are ready. Plus right now some how my PH is at an 8 in co co so I’m trying to fix that. this brings me to my next topic where I greatly need your help.

5) PH Levels-

What PH level should my water and my dirt be for my plants to be happy? Everywhere I read said for Co Co it’s 5.5 however the feeding charts I find (to see if I can get A rough idea) they all say 5.8-6.5 so I’m lost and can’t seem to there hence the sense grow nutrient change.
Currently when watering I give my plants a gallon of 5.8 PH water.

When feeding I would mix the nutrients in a gallon of water first then I would adjust the PH level and I shook well. ( apparently I lost my mind andI was feeding them everyone other day I didn’t realize it was only 2-3 times a week at the time due to lack of basics. So I would assume that’s why they were turning and are still recovering from that. Sorry I have no pictures but they were a little yellow then turning brownish black and crunchy.) I also just started Cali Mag I watered them yesterday and I just switched to sensi grow so I hope that will fix it but with a flowering date of a few weeks away. Is it bad to switch their diet now?

sorry for the novel and I just don’t want to lose my plants and I’m getting close to flowering and don’t know what the correct process to a good harvest is lol any hel would be appreciated I’m looking to learn as much as I can. Thanks again THCFarmer Community.

FYI: The pictures are before and after the bend they are from today.

Tips and tricks
Tips and tricks 2
Tips and tricks 3
Tips and tricks 4
Tips and tricks 5
Tips and tricks 6
Tips and tricks 7
Tips and tricks 8
Tips and tricks 9
Tips and tricks 10
OutlanderDan

OutlanderDan

Are they both males? Or did you mean send them to flower to then find out? This is my first grow sorry lol

Nugg

Nugg

If you don't know.. might be good idea to switch over to see them switch back to veg...that's just me..

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yah FF coco loco has to be treated like soil.

Careful with calmag use in it.

+1 point for posting photos of dry soil. I approve lol.

Just keep at it with the long wet/dry cycles. You need your roots to rebuild and repair.

Dont flip it yet - and cause more stress imo. Learn how to grow them correctly.
If they are both males, such as life. You will have much better round 2.

OutlanderDan

OutlanderDan

Oh.. sensi-grow... Ph perfect.

Im out lol. <3
So dry soil is good for pictures note taken Haha and yeah I read on sensi grow and the ph bloom the ph tech is awesome lol.

Thanks for the advice, I think I’ll remain patient and wait until flower. What dose do you recommend for cal mag I’m sure it’s different for all plants, I’m just curious so I know where to start lol.

OutlanderDan

OutlanderDan

So after LST my plants look a little sad they looked great in the sun for a little while then dropped again. Currently under the light but still have some low hangers is this stress ? The other branches and leaves seem to be coming out still so I don’t think I permanently damaged it.

OutlanderDan

OutlanderDan

Hey everyone ! Happy New Year! So I’m having a PH issue as you know I’m using co co the water and nutes are always between 5.8 and 6.0 my co co ph says it’s 8 yet the run off is at 6.9 I’m lost and I do t know what to do anyone have any tips?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey everyone ! Happy New Year! So I’m having a PH issue as you know I’m using co co the water and nutes are always between 5.8 and 6.0 my co co ph says it’s 8 yet the run off is at 6.9 I’m lost and I do t know what to do anyone have any tips?
Hi, greetings, just my 2 cents but I think you're messing with them a bit early, topping is good but bending them when they're too small is imho pointless. How big /long are you going to be vegging them? They look about3 weeks - 1 month old from seed, I'd let them veg another 1 month plus, let them grow and tie them down when they're big enough to do it easily. A 5 gallon pot you can grow them for 3-4 months in veg topping and tying as they grow. I like big plants and you only get them big if you veg them longer

100 3694
OutlanderDan

OutlanderDan

Hi, greetings, just my 2 cents but I think you're messing with them a bit early, topping is good but bending them when they're too small is imho pointless. How big /long are you going to be vegging them? They look about3 weeks - 1 month old from seed, I'd let them veg another 1 month plus, let them grow and tie them down when they're big enough to do it easily. A 5 gallon pot you can grow them for 3-4 months in veg topping and tying as they grow. I like big plants and you only get them big if you veg them longer
Hey thanks so much sorry I just saw this they are about 2 1/2 - 3 months old I was thinking of starting flowering on the 13th but I think I’ll take your advice and wait another month these are my very first two plants so I’m not sure what I was doing other than a couple of YouTube tricks lol 😂 (embarssing to admit) I really appreciate your help I would of never thought that they were still to young I’ll deff wait longer. I just watered them today sorry I forgot to take pictures before hand lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey thanks so much sorry I just saw this they are about 2 1/2 - 3 months old I was thinking of starting flowering on the 13th but I think I’ll take your advice and wait another month these are my very first two plants so I’m not sure what I was doing other than a couple of YouTube tricks lol 😂 (embarssing to admit) I really appreciate your help I would of never thought that they were still to young I’ll deff wait longer. I just watered them today sorry I forgot to take pictures before hand lol
They look a bit small for that age, I think they need more light but they look healthy so alls good. I like to wait until the branches are long enough to tie down to the sides of the pots with hooks and string but bigger the better for my liking's. I think going to big pots early also stunts growth in the early stages but makes up for it in the end & maybe more heat 75-80f lights on cold keeps them small too.

OutlanderDan

OutlanderDan

They look a bit small for that age, I think they need more light but they look healthy so alls good. I like to wait until the branches are long enough to tie down to the sides of the pots with hooks and string but bigger the better for my liking's. I think going to big pots early also stunts growth in the early stages but makes up for it in the end & maybe more heat 75-80f lights on cold keeps them small too.
The lights explains a lot because I give them sunlight during the day then at night I put them on my 25 dollar grow light lol I guess I’ll be buying a new light lol and oh ok I’ve been growing in 73 I wasn’t sure if 75-80 was too much lol looks like I have some adjustments to make lol thanks again for you help this really helped me out a lot. Once they get bigger I’ll post again hopefully then I can tie them down lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The lights explains a lot because I give them sunlight during the day then at night I put them on my 25 dollar grow light lol I guess I’ll be buying a new light lol and oh ok I’ve been growing in 73 I wasn’t sure if 75-80 was too much lol looks like I have some adjustments to make lol thanks again for you help this really helped me out a lot. Once they get bigger I’ll post again hopefully then I can tie them down lol
They look healthy that's whats important. I find they grow bigger faster when temps are up a bit. I read here that the optimum leaf temp is 78f, so for those of us without the fancy gauges I try to keep my room 78-80f lights on. I'm just another old guy learning a lot from this place as I grow, you should look at the Solo cup challenge and see the growth some of the folks here get in a short amount of time. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here willing to help out others with their problems or share in their successes.

OutlanderDan

OutlanderDan

They look healthy that's whats important. I find they grow bigger faster when temps are up a bit. I read here that the optimum leaf temp is 78f, so for those of us without the fancy gauges I try to keep my room 78-80f lights on. I'm just another old guy learning a lot from this place as I grow, you should look at the Solo cup challenge and see the growth some of the folks here get in a short amount of time. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here willing to help out others with their problems or share in their successes.
Thank you. I’ll look into the red solo cup challenge. as for temp I had it at 73-74 i deff changed that when I saw your last post lol , Btw your plant looks great! I can’t wait until I understand this more and get them to start taking shape like yours lol I appreciate your help greatly thank you🙏

H

hawkman

WOW !!!! thanks for the info - vegation is the answer-- great job at present day 30 in veg going for 60days veg this specific strain needs longer veg time ( 5 Star (Thai x Afghan x Packistan) all lance strains some are purple plants !!

Top Bottom