Tips curling down, some small brown spots?

• Thread starter PanamaJack9899
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PanamaJack9899

PanamaJack9899

Hi everyone!

This is my first time using a thread to help me with a grow, so... Cheers.

Firstly, I will say that I am assuming I have a Magnesium deficiency. Though, I've been slowly introducing the nutes, and nothing is changing :(

I am worried for my overall harvest, and sadly, this will be my last grow op for a long time (Makin some babies so at least 18 years) If anyone can help me diagnose them from the pictures I'd be really appreciative! The plants are Crop King seeds White Widow Autoflowers. I keep it at a stern 60% Humidity, and 75°F.

As usual, I'm using a 50/50 blend of FF ocean forest and FF happy frog? The frog one.. I usually expect those nutes to carry the plant through the Veg stage, and I start feeding right as flowering signs appear. This grow however, the plants started looking fu**** halfway through the veg stage. I have developed a good sense for watering, and I am very certain under/over watering isn't playing a role here. But my leaf tips are curling down and turning yellow, as if they are being burned. But as they are doing this, they are showing signs of hunger. Strange coloring, very few rust spots, slowing of vertical growth. If anyone has an idea, swing it please. I CAN'T HELP THEM.

Tips curling down some small brown spots
Tips curling down some small brown spots 2
Tips curling down some small brown spots 3
Tips curling down some small brown spots 4
PanamaJack9899

PanamaJack9899

Not sure why the other pics of Trudy didn't load, I'll post them on this reply.

Screenshot 20240526 211808 Jane
Screenshot 20240526 211759 Jane
Stokes

Stokes

HF is meant for starting, or as a soil base. Its usually just enough to get you through transplant. When you mix ocean forest with it all youre doing is diluting an amended soil. Stop doing it unless you plan on feeding earlier, and being that the only thing OF is heavy in is nitrogen, which makes it harder to gauge how much you need everything else. OF is barely enough to get you through veg. Maybe. Depending on your water.

If you do manage to get through with an HF/OF mix, your plant is going to be limping into the most demanding part of the grow

In other words, your plant is hungry for everything but nitrogen

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The downward-curling leaf tips are a characteristic of excess nitrogen. Trudy looks as if she has phosphorous deficiency. Helen might be magnesium deficient. So, nutrients are a problem. I think I'd try a low-nitrogen fertilizer, like Gaia Green Power Bloom, which is 2-8-4. I'd also add a tablespoon of Epsom Salt per gallon of water. With that, they might improve enough to use veg nutrients. That's my guess.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like watering issues,.
size of bag?
growing medium?
your watering habits?
temp and humidity of grow area?

PanamaJack9899

PanamaJack9899

Thanks guys,
looks like watering issues,.
size of bag?
growing medium?
your watering habits?
temp and humidity of grow area?
Humidity 60%, temp 75°F.
5 Gal. Fabric pots
FFOF/ FFHF soil

Everyone seems to think watering habits, though I'm not sure what I could change. I may need to water more at once, if anything it's more likely to be underwatered

PanamaJack9899

PanamaJack9899

Thanks everybody for the thoughts; if watering is the issue it could possibly be underwatering. I have a decent knack for watering nowadays, but I could be under-doing it in terms of volume per watering, I used to have problems over-watering when I first started growing.

PanamaJack9899

PanamaJack9899

The downward-curling leaf tips are a characteristic of excess nitrogen. Trudy looks as if she has phosphorous deficiency. Helen might be magnesium deficient. So, nutrients are a problem. I think I'd try a low-nitrogen fertilizer, like Gaia Green Power Bloom, which is 2-8-4. I'd also add a tablespoon of Epsom Salt per gallon of water. With that, they might improve enough to use veg nutrients. That's my guess.
I'll let you know of the results, I agree

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Roughly 0.5 liters per plant at this time.
So you're basically just watering a little spot around the plant

You've got to water that entire bag to the point where you're getting run off

that's quite possibly why you're getting these strange deficiencies / lockouts, you're not watering in an optimal manner.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Roughly 0.5 liters per plant at this time.
there’s your problem,.. you may have stunted them as well because your not watering properly,. a full 5 gallon bag will take 4 litres,. your bags are not full but you should be watering 3000 ml,.. slowly like 750ml at a time and wait 5-10 mins in between each watering,..

P

Phyto

Water around the edges of the pot more than the middle, you want to force the roots to look for water and expand into the media. If you just water around the base ofthe plants the roots won't expand.

PanamaJack9899

PanamaJack9899

You guys were pretty much all right;

I wasn't using enough water at a time, as in volume of water per watering.
Not only that, but they were needing food bad, in all ways.

My feeding from a couple days ago is getting the color of the leaves back on track, and I watered this morning with double what I've been giving them (1 Liter per plant this morning) and I just got home from work. They look healthy as ever!

I plan to add more and more water per watering, but I want to ease into it, considering they have been underwatered for quite some time.

I guess my final question is this: should I start feeding again with the next watering or give them some recovery time? I was assuming a couple more good watering before feeding.

Top Bottom