Tips for "transplanting" into larger net pots [DWC]

• Thread starter bern.1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bern.1

bern.1

I like to start in small 4" net pots when I transfer my seedlings from the dome to their tub. Seedlings are in small rockwool cubes, hydroton, in a DWC tub. But when I'm ready for them to go into the veg room I like them to be in their final 6" net pots just due to size and support.

My question: Is there an easier way besides cutting out a section of the 6" pot, feeding your roots (or some) through and back filling the small pot with hydroton? I dont like leaving a mass of roots at the bottom of the larger net pot. Or, should I just stick with the 4"ers and support the plant up top? I usually SCROG them anyway. Thoughts?

bern.1

bern.1

My seedling veg space is smaller and I need to be able to fit more in since I use reg seeds with the M/F ratio. Wouldn't be able to fit enough in 6" pots. My guts says that if I am supporting up top with SCROG nets then I can just stay in the small net pots , Ive just never used anything under 6" for flowering plants.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My seedling veg space is smaller and I need to be able to fit more in since I use reg seeds with the M/F ratio. Wouldn't be able to fit enough in 6" pots. My guts says that if I am supporting up top with SCROG nets then I can just stay in the small net pots , Ive just never used anything under 6" for flowering plants.
I would just stick to em personally... the roots will destroy them by the end but transplanting in DWC imo is a no no.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Even with 6in pots most times they are wrecked in the end. 4in will still support, just won't be pretty.

Top Bottom