Tips Of Leaves Are Curling Down

• Thread starter GorillaCloset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GorillaCloset

Hey all. I'm new to growing. Just like the titles says, the tips of my leaves are curling down. I'm in the 4th week of veg. I run a 48" 6x54w bulbs 65k 18 hours a day. The light is approximately a foot from the top of the canopy. I use the GH Micro, Bloom, Grow and Diamond Nectar. I've been going by the scheduled dosage approximate 50-75% of recommended dosage for week 4 of veg growth. I water nutes twice and regular RO water twice a week. I hardly get any water if any in my drip pans. I don't think the water is draining properly. I mixed 10-15% perlite with my soil.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tips of leaves are curling down
Tips of leaves are curling down 2
T

tntforlife

They look alright to me. Nice plants. Look just as green as mine.
tntforlife

T

ThreeFingers

The light might be to close but i dought it.I lean more toward overfert Drainage broblem as you mentioned.But there are very few from what i see.They look healthy.Let go just fix drainage problem .Maybe raise lights a inch.

Kurly

Kurly

I would think the plant would be much darker if it was a nitrogen toxicity. The only times it occured to me the plant was much darker in color befor it started clawing bad. Im going to say overwatering/ drainage is most likely the culprit. Also its called clawing when the leaves curl down like that and there are several reason why it happens.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Over fert. Leaf curled tips is first sign of Nitrogen toxicity.
Yup. Just a touch too much. Not bad at all yet.

OP, stay at your current feed strength for a bit. As the plant gets bigger it will be able to handle more nutes. Give it a while before increasing your feed strength further. That leaf won’t come back, your looking to make sure more don’t start pointing down. I don’t think it’s anything to get overly excited about yet.

Top Bottom