Tips On Brewing 1500 Gallon Batches Of Compost Tea?

• Thread starter Capfan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capfan

Capfan

i have about 700 plants outside im looking to assist, about 5 gallons a plant, the plan is to make a basic compost tea with guano and kelp, i have 3 1500 gallon tanks ill be using to brew the tea

its looking like for every 1500 gallons it will be 14 lbs of dried ferts..

Am i just going to overload the tanks with aeration and like 10 different tea bags ( stockings ) ?

One big paint strainer? looking to keep all solids out of the water so if it looks clean enough i can run it through the drip system, or ill end up just hand feeding..

Looking for tricks and tips!

The Terps

The Terps

I don't think anyone on the farm brews that big or close. Those tea bags still let lots of fine particules out like bubble bags actually. Running tea is like hash water it will likely clog your emitters especially since they are pressure compensating. Wow that's a big grow pretty cool.

4214evr

Hi @The Terps
Its not that bad when diluted after u wait for it to settle

keiksweat

keiksweat

Did you build tea brewer?any more pics.
Plus,I agree.better to hand water,or run through hose pipes.definitely wouldn't attempt to run through drip irrigation.thanks.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
So what are you using to move the water in that large Brewer, If your just running a pump, then all the micros are dead ass fuck b/c the propeller is just chopping the up over and over , You need to run some Huge ass air Disk in the bottom of that tank and run probably 2-3 of theses pumps to keep it all moving and get the DO level up. You can run 3/4 garden hose for the air lines the down to the air stone. The 1st foot is the soft black hose you get at hydro store use a heat gun to warm it up and it will slide over the out put and then you can put on the garden hose ends and move huge amount of air

img_0745-jpg.332978

Top Bottom