Tips On Eyeballing And Using Growers Intuition To Know When To Hit With Pk 13/14

• Thread starter Clamwrangler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Most common sense advice would suggest to use a PK 13/14 or such additive in week 5..ish of a say 8 week grow. Can any experienced growers give advice on when exactly based on bud formation and the exact stage of growth to keep an eye out for on the flower sites and the old green thumbs intuition on when to hit with PK supplement. So as to get an idea of when to use pk on some longer, shorter flower period strains that don't quite fall into that standard 8 week flower and to even understand what to look for exactly at week 4-5 say on the 8 week strain. My understanding of P and K is simply put that it causes a leap froging of the growth stage earlier with a spike of pk to signal to the plant to use any energy being produced at the tips of the stems thus using all energy around setting buds.

So this is not a question of which week to use more how can I tell as a grower when the time has come to spike the pk and assist as much as i can in the formation of a healthy yield.
Thanks for taking the time to read.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Most common sense advice would suggest to use a PK 13/14 or such additive in week 5..ish of a say 8 week grow. Can any experienced growers give advice on when exactly based on bud formation and the exact stage of growth to keep an eye out for on the flower sites and the old green thumbs intuition on when to hit with PK supplement. So as to get an idea of when to use pk on some longer, shorter flower period strains that don't quite fall into that standard 8 week flower and to even understand what to look for exactly at week 4-5 say on the 8 week strain. My understanding of P and K is simply put that it causes a leap froging of the growth stage earlier with a spike of pk to signal to the plant to use any energy being produced at the tips of the stems thus using all energy around setting buds.

So this is not a question of which week to use more how can I tell as a grower when the time has come to spike the pk and assist as much as i can in the formation of a healthy yield.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
I hit them with pk day 1 of flower

Leew421

Leew421

You want to introduce booster in veg right before flower. Plants haul ass in the first 3-4 weeks, they take it all up and its important for good yield to provide as much as they will take but not too much. Agree, feed slightly low on ppm. I feed 800 at peak but ramp to it.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

I never hit max anything... Barely half... I like low inputs and no run off
Tell me more! So no run off at all but lower ppm through out your grow? I use ec and try to not go above 1.9ec.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Shouldn't a decent a+b product (house and Garden Cocos) have enough pk to run you up to the spike? Explain why you would run lower pk from the beginning as apposed to dosing later.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Also guys when you talk ppm are you talking .5 or .7 calibration?

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

Products with phosphorus and potassium content in those concentrations are great mid/late veg additives as well. Throw it at the plant starting week 2 of veg at 20-30% of the recommended dose and continue to increase concentration as the plants develop. Not only will it help with new shoot production in the rhizosphere, but it will also promote tighter node formation, better lateral branching and help prepare the plant to put on weight. You're better off hitting phosphorus more heavily early and "weaning" it off later in flower to utilize more Potassium, Magnesium and Sulfur to promote greater essential oil production

chemistry

chemistry

In DWC, week 5 of flower for me, dose wise, it depends on what your plant will take, some like a lot of flower nuits with the PK13/14, and some like more PK13/14 than flower nuits, you have to try it both ways with your chosen strain to see which will produce the best results, you just have to watch for burning.

K

kansabis

Hope this helps,I like to wait til I see that the hairs are full and the buds are just getting ready to start forming and do the initial swell,I do a high pk boost once a week for 2-4wks depending on the strain/length of flowering.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

In DWC, week 5 of flower for me, dose wise, it depends on what your plant will take, some like a lot of flower nuits with the PK13/14, and some like more PK13/14 than flower nuits, you have to try it both ways with your chosen strain to see which will produce the best results, you just have to watch for burning.
So chem are you saying that you would only hit on the 5th week in dwc or would you do it differently dependant on substrate say? It seems the concensus is to start low in week 2 and spike in the 4th or 5th week i guess.

Hope this helps,I like to wait til I see that the hairs are full and the buds are just getting ready to start forming and do the initial swell,I do a high pk boost once a week for 2-4wks depending on the strain/length of flowering.

Thanks bro, i like that. I will try

Thanks for all the great answers. Its nice to engage in dialogue sharing ideas on here!

william76

william76

When the flowers start to spiral round the stem is when u use the pk 13/14 usually between weeks 4/5 ,up till flush depending on flowering time,if u hit it at the wrong time either to early or to late then it dont do very much,do it at the right time and the buds explode.remember when the flowers start to spiral.76

chemistry

chemistry

So chem are you saying that you would only hit on the 5th week in dwc or would you do it differently dependant on substrate say? It seems the concensus is to start low in week 2 and spike in the 4th or 5th week i guess.

Thanks for all the great answers. Its nice to engage in dialogue sharing ideas on here!

Sorry about the late reply, been really busy. Yes I only use it as a flower booster on week five of flower, normally I use it for 3 days, then swap back to the original nuit mix and PPM's, or I find it burns my tips, or worse. Some fat leafed Indica's will take a weeks worth, so the best advise I can give is to go steady the first run, then if you think your strains can handle more, then give it more bollox next time.

chemistry

chemistry

Or even better, do a side by side test with both methods, put the pix and data up on your grow log and see how both methods stack up to each other.

Top Bottom