"Tired" cuttings.

• Thread starter haze89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

haze89

Hey farm, I recently got in touch with an old friend who has some killer cuts. Long story short, he needs to ditch the plants and his grow and he wants me to come take first picks of everything he is giving away. The thing is, he has a legit 1987 Northern Lights cutting, which he says is old and not producing like she used too. Is it worth it for me to grab it if its main use is for making beans? The gene's them selves won't breed tired will they? I wanna make some Northern Lights x Alien Kush, but I don't wanna use Sensi's new NL stock. He also has most of an pack of old NL5 haze he is willing to part with. He said he has old packs that are all half or 3/4s full from MNS aswell. I will run this one on it's own for sure, I just hope she ain't so old that she won't yeild like a NL.

N

Nada

Hey farm, I recently got in touch with an old friend who has some killer cuts. Long story short, he needs to ditch the plants and his grow and he wants me to come take first picks of everything he is giving away. The thing is, he has a legit 1987 Northern Lights cutting, which he says is old and not producing like she used too. Is it worth it for me to grab it if its main use is for making beans? The gene's them selves won't breed tired will they? I wanna make some Northern Lights x Alien Kush, but I don't wanna use Sensi's new NL stock. He also has most of an pack of old NL5 haze he is willing to part with. He said he has old packs that are all half or 3/4s full from MNS aswell. I will run this one on it's own for sure, I just hope she ain't so old that she won't yeild like a NL.

get it!!

:party0036:

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
shanti had made a good post about this once. it was along the lines of taking your old moms and making sure they get out side in real sunlight for the begining of the season to give the plant back life as its hard for a plant that just lives under unatural light to maintain itself. put it out side take cuttings of it 1st of course then in the end of june take more cuttins of the fresh stuff and make that your new mom.

and i dont think the plants genetic code will change so your beans should be great

winta

winta

that would be a good insult lol "get outta here wit that tired ass clone" lmao

H

haze89

shanti had made a good post about this once. it was along the lines of taking your old moms and making sure they get out side in real sunlight for the begining of the season to give the plant back life as its hard for a plant that just lives under unatural light to maintain itself. put it out side take cuttings of it 1st of course then in the end of june take more cuttins of the fresh stuff and make that your new mom.

and i dont think the plants genetic code will change so your beans should be great

Thanks a lot man. I'll look this up and try it out for sure. I think what I'll do is after refreshing these cuts I'll run them along with 1 other older stock, most likely old school SSH. Now I got my fingers crossed that I can get these older beans to pop lol.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i meant to say july or whenever your area begins to flower

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
If the seeds are really old, Id sugest using a GA3 kit. It does wonders for germinating old seeds that normally wouldnt poip. In fact I still have a GA3 kit if ya need it...

M

Malachi

Kid Twist made a good point, and if you want to cross it take multiple clones and leave one outside with a male. I have found that the plants produce more seeds at healthier rates when grown under natural sunlight. I am going to start doing most of my pollen chucking in the good old outdoors. I hope nobody plants close to me! Lol

H

haze89

What up manic and malachi. Yeah I was doing a bit of research on germing older seeds and read all about the ga3 kits. I gotta get one for sure considering these beans are all from the mid to late 80s and early 90s. Thanks for all the answers guys. Idk where I'd be without the farm..well actually yeah I do, i'd be wading through all the trolls over at icfag lol.

Top Bottom