Tired of chasing my tail around!

• Thread starter SupaC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SupaC

SupaC

Hi guys.
Been having some issues with my plants that I can't seem to rectify.
Purple stems in veg that go green in flower.
What looks like a magnesium deficiency also.
Coco (buffered)
Ph 5.8 to 6.2
Ec 1.8 (900ppm).

Plants were running perfectly for the last few years.
Even changed nutes. No difference so far.
I have flushed and will flush again.

Tired of chasing my tail around
Tired of chasing my tail around 2
Tired of chasing my tail around 3
Tired of chasing my tail around 4
Tired of chasing my tail around 5
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

So what medium do you use?
What are you feeding? How often?
What flowering mix?

SupaC

SupaC

Coco.
Veg watering, once a day to 20% runoff.
Flower watering, crop steering with hortilink.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looks kind of stretched! Maybe more hours of direct, unfiltered, sunlight? Pots Looks pretty small also. Maybe getting root bound?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Nick and Chucky are both correct.
I googled your fertilizer and did not find anything. Maybe you can post a link so I can see it.

This plant requires as many hours of full sun as you can give it every day. So if you have a better location you could put it,
it would help the plant. If this is the only location you can keep it for what ever reason.

As Nick said, a pot sitting on concrete in the sun all day makes for a very hot root zone.
If you want to keep the pot where it is, place 2 inches of wood between the pot and the concrete.
You should also shade the pot sides from the sun. I do this with a couple of cloths pins and an old kitchen towel.
Looks funny but it keeps the root zone cooler than having the sun warming the pot all day.
You could also lean a small peace of plywood against the pot on the sunny side. See picture.

She is getting quite large. Maybe consider upping the pot size a bit as suggested.

As a grower Our job is simply to provide the plant needs and let the plant take it from there.
If you suspect a deficiency there is no law that states that you cannot use a high potassium and Phosphorus fertilizer at any stage of a plants life.
There are many flower or bud booster formulas available, you could add a little to your grow solution in order to provide the plant what it's looking for
with out creating issues.

Stokes

Stokes

Id probably lean towards a phosphorus deficiency thats getting fixed in flower because of the elevated phosphorus found in bloom nutrients.

SupaC

SupaC

I am also inclined towards a phosphorus deficiency, and I'll adjust accordingly.
I took the photos outside for a better perspective.
They are being vegged indoors until multiple 1kw MH.
My vpd runs at 0.8 kpa to 1.0 kpa.
They are not even close to rootbound, and the cuttings that I've recently up potted are showing the same symptoms.
If it is a P deficiency, it will be the first time I've seen one in veg in 25 years..
But I'm always open to learning new things.
The picture below is the same strain in flower in my GH.

Screenshot 20240519 193120
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

That's a long way from what I was thinking. I'm thinking a guy with a small patio. A plant hidden in a corner so next door don't see it.
Nice looking plants in the picture. I looked at the P.H you posted and everything seems ok. I guess I'm way off in la la land.

G

GreenThumbPro

I look forward to seeing how they bounce back. Keep us posted on any progress or insights you gather. Happy growing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom