Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
The lack of light penetration I thought most likely the culprit cause wouldn’t that explain the curling down? The fan leaves are the top most part of the plant are pretty big ngl.
If the light isn’t making it to that leaf set, and you just gave a hearty feed, the leaves in question aren’t transpiring and holding more water than other leaves. The downward curling I usually a nitrogen toxicity, or too much water. It’s not a nitrogen tox the color and leaf surface don’t show anything near that. That’s why I’m on heavy with water.

C

climbit

If the light isn’t making it to that leaf set, and you just gave a hearty feed, the leaves in question aren’t transpiring and holding more water than other leaves. The downward curling I usually a nitrogen toxicity, or too much water. It’s not a nitrogen tox the color and leaf surface don’t show anything near that. That’s why I’m on heavy with water.
Legit every other leaf is praying with the exception of two in the middle of the plant that are just catching up. I watered when the light came on today around 6:00am. The pot felt dry.

2Water

2Water

20240128 102015

Just got done up-potting the MACdawg, time to smoke!

Pilted

Pilted

I have a set of blackout curtains I have hung on the outside of my flower room door. And a towel at the bottom. Been doing it that way for a loooooooong time.
Yeah that's a good option also because the light leaks on the door is a problem. Ventilation is a problem also right now my intake is under the door, but that's not going to work if I want to prevent the light leaks. My exhaust is going back into my lung room with the other two tents I have, but I'm not sure how I'm do my intake yet.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Legit every other leaf is praying with the exception of two in the middle of the plant that are just catching up. I watered when the light came on today around 6:00am. The pot felt dry.
I’m don’t shoot for praying leaves, I shoot for horizontal, more leaf surface is exposed to the light that way….

IMG 2432
IMG 2331
IMG 2243
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Yeah that's a good option also because the light leaks on the door is a problem. Ventilation is a problem also right now my intake is under the door, but that's not going to work if I want to prevent the light leaks. My exhaust is going back into my lung room with the other two tents I have, but I'm not sure how I'm do my intake yet.
Does the closet have any exterior walls? I just punched a 4inch hole in the wall, fixed a screen and a cheap filter and popped it in the wall. If it has an exterior wall on a side of the closet that’s fresh outdoor air you can pull. I did that as an auxiliary intake when it would get a bit warmish.

Pilted

Pilted

Does the closet have any exterior walls? I just punched a 4inch hole in the wall, fixed a screen and a cheap filter and popped it in the wall. If it has an exterior wall on a side of the closet that’s fresh outdoor air you can pull. I did that as an auxiliary intake when it would get a bit warmish.
No outside walls. Plus our highs are in the 20s most of winter. Most likely I'm have to put another hole in the wall for the intake. Would prefer to bring air in from the lung room as the lung room is temp and humidity controlled.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I just shut down two tents, I had bought some non dimmable light and they just wouldn't work in the tents, didn't have enough head room to use the non dimmable lights properly. I tried shade cloth, I tried getting plug dimmers and neither worked well, the plug dimmer didn't work at all. So the two tents are now a thing of the past.

I have a 3x4 closet in that room and it just so happens the closet has 10 foot ceilings. But sadly it also has a bench built into it to make access to the stairs to the basement. So it's not perfect but it should work.
View attachment 2110058
View attachment 2110059
View attachment 2110060
Got a couple questions, I want to put something down on the floor so the plants are not sitting on wood what would you suggest? I'm thinking just cutting up a tarp and putting it down but would imagine there are better options. Also should I be worried about putting anything on the walls I was thinking about mirrors but I really don't think that would be needed unless you guys think the walls would get messed up from the plants or moisture? Thoughts ideas would be appreciated.
Get a rubber mat for boots.

Z

Zill

Diatomaceous earth. Remains of prehistoric hard shelled algae. It works mechanically. Insects traverse soil top dressed with DE and the silicone shell fragments get in between the insect shell and legs. As they walk the silicone wears hole in the exoskeleton they evaporate to death. Water conservation is huge for insects.

Like 2 water says - top dress. Don’t incorporate into the soil.

Top Bottom