Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leoman

Leoman

They got you going cuckoo for coco buds!?
I never got that connection until now. He probably had the munchies when creating that site. lol
Yeah it drives me a bit nutty sometimes with folks I help out, there is an awful lot of explaining I have to do to dispel some of the common cookie cutter bs that’s friggin EVERYWHERE. It’s a bitch, especially for very proactive novices. They will lose sleep veg growth, scorch the earth and then start to question wether they are the problem, which is totally a resounding YES, but that’s through no fault of their own. I know sometimes my particular methods seem odd, because a lot of what I do is all applied knowledge not what I read somewhere. Not to say I don’t, because I study up on things too, but 99% of what I’m telling you, isn’t a copied and pasted link, it’s straight outta the shitstorm in my head. Unadulterated capt-isms.

I browse a weed subreddit sometimes and yeah, people parrot what someone else said like it's gospel without haven't any real experience with it.

What gets me on there is people will take a bag seed and throw it in dirt under the wrong kind of light then ask for help when it's stunted and full of deficiencies. I'm like, why didn't you research before trying this? One guy had some fancy hydro setup that must have cost a fortune. An entire room full of it. Yet he didn't know what was causing his plants to stretch.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I never got that connection until now. He probably had the munchies when creating that site. lol

I browse a weed subreddit sometimes and yeah, people parrot what someone else said like it's gospel without haven't any real experience with it.

What gets me on there is people will take a bag seed and throw it in dirt under the wrong kind of light then ask for help when it's stunted and full of deficiencies. I'm like, why didn't you research before trying this? One guy had some fancy hydro setup that must have cost a fortune. An entire room full of it. Yet he didn't know what was causing his plants to stretch.
You know there are a few of us here, me since I’ve been around that we get into some of these threads to check it out, and it’s usually some green rush minded trust fund person that just thinks you can buy a space fill it with all the best top of the line gear, and not have even ran a tent before. @GNick55 knows what I’m talking about. A few times it’s been like, why are my leaf edges getting burnt? Or the classic “am I watering enough?”

Which is totally fine when you are new, but it’s quite literally buying a Ferrari f-40 then driving it straight into a wall 1/2 a second from launch…

Crack a fucking book before you end up with 1000sq ft of dead plants. That pisses me off.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter

Yeah it drives me a bit nutty sometimes with folks I help out, there is an awful lot of explaining I have to do to dispel some of the common cookie cutter bs that’s friggin EVERYWHERE. It’s a bitch, especially for very proactive novices. They will lose sleep veg growth, scorch the earth and then start to question wether they are the problem, which is totally a resounding YES, but that’s through no fault of their own. I know sometimes my particular methods seem odd, because a lot of what I do is all applied knowledge not what I read somewhere. Not to say I don’t, because I study up on things too, but 99% of what I’m telling you, isn’t a copied and pasted link, it’s straight outta the shitstorm in my head. Unadulterated capt-isms.
I got that grandpa saying/style in me... do as I say not as I do approach...

My approaches are relatively "uncommon"🤪🤣

Leoman

Leoman

You know there are a few of us here, me since I’ve been around that we get into some of these threads to check it out, and it’s usually some green rush minded trust fund person that just thinks you can buy a space fill it with all the best top of the line gear, and not have even ran a tent before. @GNick55 knows what I’m talking about. A few times it’s been like, why are my leaf edges getting burnt? Or the classic “am I watering enough?”

Which is totally fine when you are new, but it’s quite literally buying a Ferrari f-40 then driving it straight into a wall 1/2 a second from launch…

Crack a fucking book before you end up with 1000sq ft of dead plants. That pisses me off.
One thing I noticed about people trying coco for the first time is they'll treat the plants as if it was soil or not feed for the first couple weeks. Watched a youtube vid of a guy trying to be an expert who had his plants in solo cups in coco for 19 days without any nutrients. He was like now that the leaves are yellow, it's time to transplant and add nutrients. Makes me wonder how many people he fucked up if they followed that advice.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I'll preach the right way to water but we all know im like the Tasmanian devil when I water my plants🤣🤣🤣
I thought you said water my pants, had me digging deep into my childhood memories trying to remember if the Tasmanian devil ever wore pants. Then I realized that you wrote plants. But it’s still not clear if he ever wore pants?? I vaguely remember him wearing cut off blue jeans, but could be wrong. Anyways uhhh,carry on.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I thought you said water my pants, had me digging deep into my childhood memories trying to remember if the Tasmanian devil ever wore pants. Then I realized that you wrote plants. But it’s still not clear if he ever wore pants?? I vaguely remember him wearing cut off blue jeans, but could be wrong. Anyways uhhh,carry on.
Shit it doesn’t matter anyways, they’d have to be your pants.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
One thing I noticed about people trying coco for the first time is they'll treat the plants as if it was soil or not feed for the first couple weeks. Watched a youtube vid of a guy trying to be an expert who had his plants in solo cups in coco for 19 days without any nutrients. He was like now that the leaves are yellow, it's time to transplant and add nutrients. Makes me wonder how many people he fucked up if they followed that advice.
That’s what pisses me off more than anything, good intentioned people getting boned by assholes looking for YouTube loot.

Yaaargh.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Captains Banner 2 doing well with the up pot... well until my Thanos hands had to mangle the soil during "the drop in" she gonna have a little stress on this t-plant
It doesn’t have an infinity stone bro. I mean, it’s green, but not huge yet. It hasn’t even been amped on nutes yet.

This is what happens when the hulk doesn’t smash you, but you smash hulk. It’ll be fine man. It happens to the blorst of us 🤣

Redneckx

Redneckx

Hey man that’s a damned fine job. It’s handy af ain’t it? Now sometimes, a cracked stem that has been super cropped will heal all the way, just takes longer, and as the plant gets larger, so will the knuckle at the bend. Mad uptake!
Hehe yea it's a little tricky, but I was a rough on her...
That was my thoughts why I didn't fixed her to check if the stem will make it without my help.
It takes some time to do it easy like you. 🤡👊
Btw. Is it normal that the ppfd is measured in a tent is way higher than the producers say? Probably stupid question but It seems like my light getting more intense...

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
👆 👆 👆 👆

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Hehe yea it's a little tricky, but I was a rough on her...
That was my thoughts why I didn't fixed her to check if the stem will make it without my help.
It takes some time to do it easy like you. 🤡👊
Btw. Is it normal that the ppfd is measured in a tent is way higher than the producers say? Probably stupid question but It seems like my light getting more intense...
Well, you aren’t bumping the knob or anything? If it’s crazy high, that’s gonna be the light. Turn it down some if ppfd is more than 200 points in the surplus. You are tempting fate. It generally less is more. I. The beginning stages of flower, you can have it as low as 500, I will tick the output up more every three days or so, allowing the plants to acclimate until you reach the desired amount of dli you want. So I do t use any of these things I just explained, but these things will help you. I watch my plants. Give them what they want, instead of imposing what I want, and stressing her.

Leoman

Leoman

Question about defoliation before flipping. How long do you guys wait to flip after the final veg defol? I've heard anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks. Some say you can do it as soon as flowering starts then 21 days later.

I think I'll get rid of a bunch of stuff in the morning then get them flowering.

C

climbit

Lmao I’m one of those persons who threw a bag seed in soil, not even soil actually, it was seed starting whatever. (Vermiculite, peat and coco) came on here beggin for help, shit died. Now here I am.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Question about defoliation before flipping. How long do you guys wait to flip after the final veg defol? I've heard anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks. Some say you can do it as soon as flowering starts then 21 days later.

I think I'll get rid of a bunch of stuff in the morning then get them flowering.
Me personally, I’m never in a rush, with regs, I let them rip a few days after final pruning.
With fems, I always heir on the side of caution and give at least 14 days preferably 21 before flip. Stress has been in the rear view, the plant is more than healed and ready to put everything into flowering. That’s just me, it really keeps some possible herms at bay.

Top Bottom