Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leoman

Leoman

I honestly can't remember my first toke. Wow now I am sad...I wish I could remember it. My dad grew when I was growing up and I used to steal it from him. Man I would give so much of it to friends I had no idea what it was worth... dumb kid🤦‍♀️

I remember snooping through my parents room one day for some reason and found a bunch of baggies with weed in my step father's sock drawer. I guess he was dealing the way it was bagged up. Pinched a little and don't remember getting high at all off it. I was like he's gonna have some mad customers.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
You all ever had weed too strong and what do you do with it?

Maybe my tolerance needs work. Tried a little larfy bud from the plant I just hung up and didn't feel much after a few minutes. 20 minutes later I was shivering like I was naked in the snow and curled up under the covers lol. That wore off after a while.

I'm hoping it mellows out after cure. I may end up making edibles or something with it. Been reading up on decarb and different recipes.
No, I have not met my match yet:
I can the most dome crushing indica in the am. Smoke 5 joint on the 20 min drive in.,
Run circles around the squares
How many tokes?

Leoman

Leoman

No, I have not met my match yet:
I can the most dome crushing indica in the am. Smoke 5 joint on the 20 min drive in.,
Run circles around the squares
How many tokes?

It filled a little over half the dragon claw bowl and was gone it 2 bong hits, not counting clearing the bong. The other strain looks way frostier and that's how I've been handling that one.

I'm a lightweight anyway.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
It filled a little over half the dragon claw bowl and was gone it 2 bong hits, not counting clearing the bong. The other strain looks way frostier and that's how I've been handling that one.

I'm a lightweight anyway.
Well, I say taper it up a little, smoke less more times a day.
Also, sounds like you are doing a few things right 👊🏻 that way edibles won’t crush you if you eat too much by accident.

GregTheAlien

GregTheAlien

I honestly can't remember my first toke. Wow now I am sad...I wish I could remember it. My dad grew when I was growing up and I used to steal it from him. Man I would give so much of it to friends I had no idea what it was worth... dumb kid🤦‍♀️
I remember my first time being 'high'. The only person that cared to check on me from greening out, ironically, was the girl that killed my sister.

Leoman

Leoman

Well, I say taper it up a little, smoke less more times a day.
Also, sounds like you are doing a few things right 👊🏻 that way edibles won’t crush you if you eat too much by accident.

A lot of recipes help you judge how many mg you're getting per dose. Without knowing the exact THC content of the weed it'll be a rough estimate. With those gummies I was eating I could go up to 15mg at a time, but 10 was fine. 20 was definitely too much.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Sweet, all mine gets saved and used as a top dress the vegetable garden in the spring. I reuse soil but not with the dank, all the other shit gets it
Ive reused soil without having bad results, but i tend not to. But once i have a grow going full swing the way i like to have it going, my only soil plants that arent outdoors, are usually clone mothers. They spend very long periods of time in the exact same soil. Im probably already going to have silicosis later on from a dumbass sand blasting job i had 10 years ago. Im pretty good on the perlite dust anymore tbh hahahahaha. My house is dusty enough already too.

I do have absolutely nothing against a good soil grow, and honestly, tend to prefer the smoke they produce, especially the super soil nugs ive had the pleasure of sampling.
90% of this room is all reused soil not amended. Cal mag
You have to clean roots and that’s i

I gotta be honest here, in 20 years of growing ive only seen obvious cal-mag deficiency one time. And it was in a plant that had no business being anywhere but growing under the sun and right out of mother earth's face. As is being done this year lol. And tbh, im not sure if i ever even determined if that plant was just incredibly sensitive to reservoir ph swings and lockouts, or if it really did want all the calmag i was giving it. Even at 450-500 ppm my ec would drift up and ph would drift down as a result. Anything above 500 ppm she showed nute burn. If i even looked in the direction of the flora grow, she'd cup her leaves and get shiny lmfao. That phenotype, outside in ground basically grew itself though, even in rocky clay rich soil with low organic content.

Tossing around cal-mag, to me, is a lot like the constantly perpetuated myth about small light leaks (assuming thats still tossed around these days too, idk, but in my mind it's mainly just a way to curb complaints about breeder's products imho, was started for this reason, then the culture just picked it up and ran with it... notice the OPINION part if you disagree lol) Originally, i think that it was a lot like the targeted oil company add campaigns to get people to blame themselves alone for the state of the fossil fuel situation world wide rather then holding fossil fuel companies at least partially responsible... (that targeted ad campaign funded by oil companies worked too btw, they hit it out of the park honestly).

I can promise that if you have a plant throwing late flower stamen (bananas) under light enough stresses to even be considering small light leaks, you are dealing with a genetic predisposition to such, not a stress factor. Small light leaks, especially when consistent, are not going to cause you hermie problems. If they appear to be, either change up your genetics or look elsewhere for small stress factors, but i would recommend changing up the genetics if late flower stamen bother you, before i would ever recommend hunting a snipe. Changing daylight hours schedule, now that can absolutely trigger hermaphroditic genes in later flower 100%, but those genes still have to be there. The very same impossible to grow land race i was talking about wont hermie, at all, even if you kill it while bouncing the schedule around. It just wont do it. The seed was *Fem seed too.

Once i get the dwc grow going again downstairs, i may make a little experiment thread to prove this point just for fun too. My biggs (fem f2) and peaceblaster (half sativa land race, fem F1) would be perfect plans to use for educational purposes on such an experiment.

Sorry im a sativa guy, tend to light up and begin rambling away.

Last edited:
TreeBee

TreeBee

Made my very first attempt at edibles. Had someone measure them and the oil came back at 3.7mg/ml so these gummies are... ummm... weak.
Basically just candy lol
I have tried a lot of attempts at gummies from people over the years and getting the right consistancy seems to be the challenge. Also getting it to stay that consistancy and not get wet or slimey after a few hours.

GerryOfDankzville

GerryOfDankzville

Well I made a big fuck up and went to the doctor. Now all the poking begins. Blood work, ECG, more pills...just diagnose me old and leave me be!

I love those guys! Their appearance on Top Gear is one of the best guest spots imo.
Cripes I paid good money for this pretty lady's time and I'm getting blown up like it's 1999

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Ive reused soil without having bad results, but i tend not to. But once i have a grow going full swing the way i like to have it going, my only soil plants that arent outdoors, are usually clone mothers. They spend very long periods of time in the exact same soil. Im probably already going to have silicosis later on from a dumbass sand blasting job i had 10 years ago. Im pretty good on the perlite dust anymore tbh hahahahaha. My house is dusty enough already too.

I do have absolutely nothing against a good soil grow, and honestly, tend to prefer the smoke they produce, especially the super soil nugs ive had the pleasure of sampling.

I gotta be honest here, in 20 years of growing ive only seen obvious cal-mag deficiency one time. And it was in a plant that had no business being anywhere but growing under the sun and right out of mother earth's face. As is being done this year lol. And tbh, im not sure if i ever even determined if that plant was just incredibly sensitive to reservoir ph swings and lockouts, or if it really did want all the calmag i was giving it. Even at 450-500 ppm my ec would drift up and ph would drift down as a result. Anything above 500 ppm she showed nute burn. If i even looked in the direction of the flora grow, she'd cup her leaves and get shiny lmfao. That phenotype, outside in ground basically grew itself though, even in rocky clay rich soil with low organic content.

Tossing around cal-mag, to me, is a lot like the constantly perpetuated myth about small light leaks (assuming thats still tossed around these days too, idk, but in my mind it's mainly just a way to curb complaints about breeder's products imho, was started for this reason, then the culture just picked it up and ran with it... notice the OPINION part if you disagree lol, but, originally, i think that it was a lot like the targeted oil company add campaigns to get people to blame themselves alone for the state of the fossil fuel situation world wide rather then holding fossil fuel companies at least partially responsible... that ad campaign worked too btw).

I can promise that if you have a plant throwing late flower stamen (bananas) under light enough stresses to even be considering small light leaks, you are dealing with a genetic predisposition to such, not a stress factor. Small light leaks, especially when consistent, are not going to cause you hermie problems. If they appear to be, either change up your genetics or look elsewhere for small stress factors, but i would recommend changing up the genetics, if late flower stamen bother you, before i would ever recommend hunting a snipe. Changing daylight hours schedule, now that can absolutely trigger hermaphroditic genes in later flower 100%, but those genes still have to be there. The very same impossible to grow land race i was talking about wont hermie, at all, even if you kill it while bouncing the schedule around. It just wont do it. The seed was *Fem seed too.

Once i get the dwc grow going again downstairs, i may make a little experiment thread to prove this point just for fun too.

Sorry im a sativa guy, tend to light up and begin rambling away.
I totally agree on the cal mag thing.
I haven’t seen a deficiency driven by cal since nam’.
it really is rare as all get out.
Like a juggalo with a diploma,

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I totally agree on the cal mag thing.
I haven’t seen a deficiency driven by cal since nam’.
it really is rare as all get out.
Like a juggalo with a diploma,
Im a deadhead with a diploma if unicorns be your jam.

Although thats far, FAR more common then a Juggalo with a diploma i imagine. Does it count if i called myself a juggalo when said diploma was received?

wth am i talking about i know several deadheads with a diploma.

Top Bottom