Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AAjax

Trains? did someone say trains? My Grandpa is in the pic, I will have to scan the pics with him and train wrecks.
P15248coll1 2767 full

A

AAjax

This is really cool. Which one is your gramps?
The picture is archived online with his name, so cant say which one he is without doxing my last name :P He ended up being a Executive of the Southern Pacific later on with just a high school education. He ran just about every yard in the southwest at one time or another, dragged my dad all over when her was a kid.

Rama777

Rama777

That sucks. I made several hundred last year. Just about all of them got mold so had to toss.

I make caps using just infused coconut oil and I use the oil to make brownies or cookies. CBD oil the same.

While gummies are great and if I would have frozen them they'd never have molded but I doubt I'll be making many more in the future😉
What’s up with the mold issue? Do companies that make packaged thc gummy products for dispensaries get around that with preservative chemicals or something?

TreeBee

TreeBee

What’s up with the mold issue? Do companies that make packaged thc gummy products for dispensaries get around that with preservative chemicals or something?
I just asked Uncle Google and....They do get a coating of wax. They typically have a much lower moisture content and the addition of fruit juices can lower shelf life so I assume the addition of weed could perhaps do that too? Another reason I like shatter for edibles is the cencentrated nature tends to blend into things with less fuss or consistancy and flavour changes.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

What recipe did you use? I plan on popping these in the freezer. It made 40 5 ml gummies plus whatever's still stuck to the pot. Going to try scraping that out after it chills for a while.

I'm thinking a double boiler might work better or I need to work faster before it gums up.
I honestly dont recall but they came out great. I too looked at a bunch of recipes and chose one and boom. But the mold issue keeping them in the fridge was a bummer. I made hundreds.

I like my caps and keeping a cup or two of the oil on the counter and several in the fridge and have had no issues. Caps are easy to make but time consuming but I get requests for them all the time😉

Use a turkey baster to fill the molds and use your finger to close the end as you're filling😉

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I just asked Uncle Google and....They do get a coating of wax. They typically have a much lower moisture content and the addition of fruit juices can lower shelf life so I assume the addition of weed could perhaps do that too? Another reason I like shatter for edibles is the cencentrated nature tends to blend into things with less fuss or consistancy and flavour changes.
True story but so do high proof alcohol extractions. Most growers don't have the knowhow or skils to run chemical extractions safely. I won't bother with it myself and I could have certainly done so in the past decade if i wanted. I'm still Hemming and having on a building a still and I'm a plumber, I've been soldering for 5 decades. I could build a still or hell, buy one on line for $125-200. But even outside I'd want electric heating, no open flame. Life is hard enough without injuring yourself and making it harder😉

Leoman

Leoman

I honestly dont recall but they came out great. I too looked at a bunch of recipes and chose one and boom. But the mold issue keeping them in the fridge was a bummer. I made hundreds.

I like my caps and keeping a cup or two of the oil on the counter and several in the fridge and have had no issues. Caps are easy to make but time consuming but I get requests for them all the time😉

Use a turkey baster to fill the molds and use your finger to close the end as you're filling😉

What are caps? This came with what looks like mini turkey basters and the stuff just coated the inside and stretched everywhere. Definitely looking for another recipe maybe without using flavored jello.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

This popped into my head😂 but also ill have full on convos with myself😂
If I didn’t talk to myself, then I’d go days, sometimes weeks on end without having any intelligent conversations. Not talking about posting on here either. That’s not a real conversation because I only read the responses, then type in my response.
I guess in a way I’m on my own shit 🤣

Top Bottom