Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redneckx

Redneckx

I never tried it before but i figured it would be a crazy experiment and yield if i planted them out early and vegged them through whole the summer hoping for the best 😆🤟
And thanks you too👊
Hehe it's all about experimenting around with Canna imo.
Sound like a good plan!
I'm going to green up our hood! Got around a hun seeds of a pinkisch autoflower which were delivered by birds, so legit industrial hemp. My 4 plants grew around 2,5m high outdoor, without any clue in a gal pot.
Some were Fem but all pollinated and turned out herm/male, spreading them in parks enjoyable spots to chill, everybody will notice them time by time and get effected by the beauty and the smell...therefore will be more tolerant for weed 😎

cpurola

cpurola

I bit the bullet.. gonna start farming worms next week.
I did that! (notice the past tense)
Bought the plastic bin from Amazon and the worms from the wriggle guy. (red wigglers)
Kept it in the dining room and fed them all kinds of fresh veggies and fruit.

If you buy the bin, the instructions say to put the box in the bottom to give the worms something to eat.
DON'T DO IT! I had flakes of the printed coating in my castings and I didn't trust the chemicals on the printed box so I tossed it all. :(

Other than that it was fun! Mine loved carrot peelings. Smaller pieces of raw veggies and fruit is best.
Good Luck!

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Hehe it's all about experimenting around with Canna imo.
Sound like a good plan!
I'm going to green up our hood! Got around a hun seeds of a pinkisch autoflower which were delivered by birds, so legit industrial hemp. My 4 plants grew around 2,5m high outdoor, without any clue in a gal pot.
Some were Fem but all pollinated and turned out herm/male, spreading them in parks enjoyable spots to chill, everybody will notice them time by time and get effected by the beauty and the smell...therefore will be more tolerant for weed 😎
Hypnosis at its best🤟😆

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I did that! (notice the past tense)
Bought the plastic bin from Amazon and the worms from the wriggle guy. (red wigglers)
Kept it in the dining room and fed them all kinds of fresh veggies and fruit.

If you buy the bin, the instructions say to put the box in the bottom to give the worms something to eat.
DON'T DO IT! I had flakes of the printed coating in my castings and I didn't trust the chemicals on the printed box so I tossed it all. :(

Other than that it was fun! Mine loved carrot peelings. Smaller pieces of raw veggies and fruit is best.
Good Luck!
Good advice! I wouldn't want to feed them paints or adhesives either. Even though some of them seem to like styrofoam?! ( ok these ain't actually worms despite being called "super worms" https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/superworms-eat-and-survive-on-polystyrene/)

I'm planning on giving them only really scraps i have on hand. Lol i have lots of veggie/fruit scraps, lots of coffee grounds, some egg shells, and probably anything else i can.

Thanks for the pointers and well wishes!

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

We will see. Might have to figure out how to keep them from getting too hot here, but my tests of the area thing it should meet the parameters. Haha if i can cut back on my nute and medium costs, itll be a win
If you put them in a shaded area and leave the lid open they’re usually okay, I saw a cool video of a converted chest freezer made into an earthworm composting bin/farm. It’d be nice to have fresh earthworm castings on hand.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Hey fine folks! I’m fighting the humidity in my grow space and am going to try and get a dehumidifier on the cheep ( i know! By once cry once) that is not an option for me at this point but 80% rh is not good. So my question is how small is too small? Room is roughly 6x8x8. There’s a great deal on a 50oz unit that says its good for 100-1000 square feet. Would that do the trick? Or just keep me at a lower humidity without getting getting the room to where im want it?
It will raise the temperature inside the room it’s used in, but that should work fine. Having it hooked to a drain would save a lot of time, otherwise you end up having to constantly dump the water.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

If you put them in a shaded area and leave the lid open they’re usually okay, I saw a cool video of a converted chest freezer made into an earthworm composting bin/farm. It’d be nice to have fresh earthworm castings on hand.
Smart! Chest freezer is smart. Insulated and everything. I'm looking forward to it.

Was thinking about adding some other beneficial guys in there. Like some nematodes and stuff. Still researching

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Smart! Chest freezer is smart. Insulated and everything. I'm looking forward to it.

Was thinking about adding some other beneficial guys in there. Like some nematodes and stuff. Still researching
Definitely want to know what not to feed them, I think coffee grounds are bad for them, but I might be wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom