Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Uhhh... what am I missing? It's an air filter, what needs to be discreet? You're worried about someone stealing it?
Well.... a lot of folks still live in weed illegal states, and the fact that it says "GROW SPACE ODOR CONTROL" in huge letters, yeah, I'd probably be pissed off if it came like that, too! 🤠

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Also another thing I've been thinking about.. What if a plants day is not 24 hours. Say you give a (photoperiod) plant 8+8 or something, 16+16? I can't seem to find anyone who has tried it.
I roll 20 on 4 in my veg space.
12/12 flower.
You can do a incremental decreases with you light hours going from veg to flower starting at
For as an example you have a projected date you want to flip. Your lights on are 20 hours, you would over the next ten days or so on your timer and take 1 hour off the lights on time everyday day leading up to your projected flip date and getting it to 12/12 proper, this is a tapered flip, and I need to try it sometime, but as nick tells it, and a little reading I have done does seem to show, that it relieves transition stress. For sensitive cultivars it’s probably one of the keys to the perfect plant health we all strive for.
There are auto flower plants that have evolved to be able to flower in geographic locations that have long seasons of 24 hours of daylight . Those will trigger flower genetically and not at our hand with a time change.
Ruderalis

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
We din't see yo fridge or where the 'other' magic happen yo?!
man I only have a box of baking soda or 40,
Some cocktail sauce, and the crème dela crème old egg nog. You know if you age it in room temps for an amount of time that feels right, you can instead have a meal. It’s something I’m working on for my big break.
It’s blowing my mind no one has ever thought of what I’m coining “beverage convergence”

Ever have them moments where you just know it’s gonna be huge? 🤡

Plus, all the body parts are a little embarrassing. I don’t have a chance to vac seal any of it. It’s “drippy “

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Hey cap!

So, ordered that light we looked at. A 5 year old Chinese guy is soldering for all his might.

So, the plan would be, after asking you stuff and reading in this thread basically.

Autoflower perpetual. Put a seed in once a month and that new flower besides the old one, to never run out but not having too much at home. Ya know 👮‍♂️ And if I mess up, as we people do when we mess around with stuff for the first time, I won't lose much.

I'm gonna do soil, should I use perlite or leca? Leca is cheaper 🤷

7 gallon pots seem to be good 🤷

It seems to me autoflowers will be good with the nutes in the soil until halfway through flower pretty much? Then I'm thinking I'll use Bionova Autoflower supermix for simplicity and be good. Am I cutting too many corners here?

I have an endless supply of tin foil. Long story. But I'll use the backside of that to put up on the walls in the wardrobe.

Once I'm set up with that I'll see where I end up with RH and Temps. I got some stuff laying around to regulate and hardware store across the street.
Do I sound overly confident? Am I missing something or minimizing this problem?
I roll perlite, tried and true!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Also another thing I've been thinking about.. What if a plants day is not 24 hours. Say you give a (photoperiod) plant 8+8 or something, 16+16? I can't seem to find anyone who has tried it.
Ok. The tin foil may be too much for a wardrobe depending on light quality. Foil can def cause heat problems. Autos, def not for beginners, I would look for fems with indica leaning flower times. Faster.
No way a 7g pot is good for autos if you run them. Never needed more than a 3 for those
People run 24 lights on those yes. But, I would never do that. I love my plants, and truly believe that anything alive needs a rest daily. I ran autos a 20/4 also I used to run a stacked over under set up, so more smaller plants was ideal at the time.
As far as a autoflower mix, I’m not sure .
I put Dirt in a pot and plant seed and let her rip.

Don’t go messing with the space time continuum, the plants do not know any quantum physics……..I think. 🤣

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Good morning farmers, hope everyone has a good day!!

View attachment 2152710
Alright man, this was fucking awesome.
I’m a legit lover of za, so at that point, my wife’s had was spinning and all of the syllables coming out or her sounded Sumarian. Not sure, seems important tho.

Man. Man I sure love pizza.
Shoulda named my first born
Doesit
Comewithxtratoppings
Spaulding
Esqu.

He’s a pizza lawyer.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Yup best 12 gauge rounds for home/self defense, in my opinion, are dove & quail rounds, and 00 buckshot rounds. The D&Q for non-fatal stopping power, and 00 buckshot in case they didn't get the message the first time 🤣 🤠
I use nothing but dragons breath for home invasion, when I rack one, the world is gonna burn.

I even walk away from explosions In slow mo.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Also! By growing plants like that, one in flower at a time, I suppose I'll have less problems with smell? Please, judge my ideas as if I had a mattress in the back of my van.
Well, as far as smell, of coarse more makes sore scent. But one or 6? really isn’t any more acute than a larger run, what the thing is, you need to set yield expectations a bit lower. The yeild description from any seed bank is based on everything being perfect and that is what you could get from a plant. New folks are always left questioning themselves over that stuff thinking they suck, when it’s a million other things. Prepare for the best expect the worst. Seriously. I would crush one plants worth ina co you ple weeks in your proposed rig. Auto flowers really need to be for later man, once you have everything firing on all 8, then grow those, bc if you don’t have anything really remembered you don’t have time to fix a screw up, environment or nutrition wise because the moment that seed sprouts, you are on the clock homie! So fems or regs are better to learn with because you can fuck ip all day, and have more than enough time to fix your plants, rug ect.

Ps, autos are not for learning. They will eat your lunch and yield you a bowl full if you make mistakes.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
thats one way to get an even canopy. Nice pic.
When I used to live at my grannies, I threw some seeds I. Her outside garden, was def making it happen, well, she went out and pruned her rose bush, and yanked them not knowing what they were. This is where my first experience to think outside the box in growing was sparked from. Instead of growing the plant up, I started to pin it down at the dirt and snaked it under and through a few of her plants. I pinned that thing daily chasing it every night with a flashlight. I learned a to. From that, cannibis can def put you through it, but my understanding that a weed plant most grow up, was destroyed forever. This was around 85, it was tough to get any real books in stuff back then. Only the good ol high times….

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Well, as far as smell, of coarse more makes sore scent. But one or 6? really isn’t any more acute than a larger run, what the thing is, you need to set yield expectations a bit lower. The yeild description from any seed bank is based on everything being perfect and that is what you could get from a plant. New folks are always left questioning themselves over that stuff thinking they suck, when it’s a million other things. Prepare for the best expect the worst. Seriously. I would crush one plants worth ina co you ple weeks in your proposed rig. Auto flowers really need to be for later man, once you have everything firing on all 8, then grow those, bc if you don’t have anything really remembered you don’t have time to fix a screw up, environment or nutrition wise because the moment that seed sprouts, you are on the clock homie! So fems or regs are better to learn with because you can fuck ip all day, and have more than enough time to fix your plants, rug ect.

Ps, autos are not for learning. They will eat your lunch and yield you a bowl full if you make mistakes.
This man speaks the truth!!! Autoflowers are definitely not the best thing for a beginner to grow, they’re the Goldilocks of cannabis plants in almost every aspect. If you are inexperienced and want to grow something that yields a good return and isn’t too finicky try photo period, and don’t be afraid to do some research before picking a strain, there are plenty of beginner friendly plants vs intermediate and expert level strains. Any breeder who is reputable will list the skill level required to grow their particular strain.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
So here are the survivors from my little
“Waking the dead” project.
Some of them definitely did NOT LIKE LED.
The spot I had them under was set to 15%
(Mars ts1k) and they still wanted to make like a turtle. Set it as low as possible and they got right. Besides the one, if this was a normal run it would have been tossed. But I’m squeezing all I can from these and a reveg will be attempted.

Kona seeds I saved since 86

IMG 4452
IMG 4453
IMG 4454
IMG 4455
IMG 4456

Latest posts

Top Bottom