Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Btw, i was given a handful of Columbian land race seeds by a wealthy world traveler about 6 or 7 years ago. They were claimed to be about 10 years old when i was given them.

I germed like 12, like 5 popped, 2 sprouted, and both were essentially identical female plants. One flowered, one hormone interrupted for female pollen. They were VERY picky and difficult to grow, they take well over 12 weeks to finish indoors. And in DWC it was a VERY difficult plant to grow.

I used the genetics for a feminized F1 cross project that created my peaceblaster F1 seeds.

I still have about a dozen of those land race beans left, and they have been fridge stored since i got them.

If anyone thinks they could use true sativa land race genetics for their own projects, or if anyone has the space and skill to cultivate a sativa like this indoors, or the weather to finish them outdoors, i will send you the remaining seeds for free, but reserve the right to be scrupulous. Feel free to pm. I got out of the plant what i was after already, and its a land race, they'll all be more or less the same.

(She was ROUGH by the time she got the cut, was already at something near 13 weeks flower, and thats a LONG time to manage a plants health in a literal bucket of water lol)

Pretty much any cross with this plant, feminized or regular with modern American genepools, will create an F1 very likely to display hybrid vigor.

IMG 20210811 122245
IMG 20210810 215654
IMG 20210826 215543 1
IMG 20211004 210706 1
IMG 0096
Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Btw, i was given a handful of Columbian land race seeds by a wealthy world traveler about 6 or 7 years ago. They were claimed to be about 10 years old when i was given them.

I germed like 12, like 5 popped, 2 sprouted, and both were essentially identical female plants. One flowered, one hormone interrupted for female pollen. They were VERY picky and difficult to grow, they take well over 12 weeks to finish indoors. And in DWC it was a VERY difficult plant to grow.

I used the genetics for a feminized F1 cross project that created my peaceblaster F1 seeds.

I still have about a dozen of those land race beans left, and they have been fridge stored since i got them.

If anyone thinks they could use true sativa land race genetics for their own projects, or if anyone has the space and skill to cultivate a sativa like this indoors, i will send you the remaining seeds for free. I got out of the plant what i was after already, and its a land race, they'll all be more or less the same.

(She was ROUGH by the time she got the cut, was already at something near 13 weeks flower, and thats a LONG time to manage a plants health in a literal bucket of water lol)
Been a while man, that’s bunkering down for that long haul. Excellent work. I have some plans man, besides all the fems I have been showing I have 13 reg strains going, I’m slow rolling the veg space until I can move some things, but my veg room is most likely going to be changed back to a reg breeding situation for 6-8 months with a a lot of new fem stuff possibly being thrown In bc why not! My hope is to get 1 male of each reg straing for that daddy dust.

Those pretty little trees will get that precise pollen application. fine tip artist brush👊🏻🤡

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Been a while man, that’s bunkering down for that long haul. Excellent work. I have some plans man, besides all the fems I have been showing I have 13 reg strains going, I’m slow rolling the veg space until I can move some things, but my veg room is most likely going to be changed back to a reg breeding situation for 6-8 months with a a lot of new fem stuff possibly being thrown In bc why not! My hope is to get 1 male of each reg straing for that daddy dust.

Those pretty little trees will get that precise pollen application. fine tip artist brush👊🏻🤡
That plant was a nightmare to do in DWC, it curled over with root rot in that last pic, probably needed another 3-4 weeks to be at the best weight/quality ratio.

Was prob a 10-15% thc strain, but man, amazing f1 cross genetics. Crossed her with a 32% plus sativa dominant F1 with hybrid vigor, and got one hell of a feminized batch of F1s out of it. Thanks to the hybrid vigor in the offpring they would rarely take more then 9-10 weeks. I had one i called the fast blaster (the one pictured actually) that was done before 8. Seed mother took 9, pollen donor took 12+. She smoked like an oldschool haze but could yeild 50% more in 50% less time. Very difficult plants to grow much like the landrace though.

First pic is a land race cola, It's the real deal columbian imho for sure, basically a thai stick from south america, everything about her was correct, second pic is one of her offspring. Third was the seed mother of the offspring.

IMG 20211012 150810 1
262513383 3940711479365305 5754947141935290288 n
IMG 0102
Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Rearranging the veg space again, this is the side of the room y’all never see bc it’s what happens when every other closet in you house is full of random grow gear. It really is getting to be a bit full. These pics are in flux, but man I’m a literally stacking this shit to the ceiling.

My wife still likes me. Even asked me if I wanted one or 2 sandwiches.

🥪 🤡❤️

She. Is really the one.
Never has anything bad to say, loves the plants but anxiety make an enjoyable experience hard bc it has such heavy amount of thc with newer strains. That’s an oversight some folks miss, take my seeds from 86 I’m rollin, when I think back at the herb,
It was a through and through triple bag herb. But not as many people knew the smell, and you could split a joint with a friend and not hear voices, or maybe but those where your inner monologue suggesting snacks more often than not. Today’s weed just doesn’t have the genesis factor. Natural evolution and mostly pure and not fucked with by the locals who guard a lot of them. That “earth blessed us with this seed, we may be cash poor, but we know what we have” genetic. Hard to come by with our a lot of studying and word of mouth verification…..just a thought……
I sure hope these mowie and Kona golds roll hard. They doingaaaaight, I have contingency in place in case I’m left with no males, I may start to breed in fem traits with both those strains. Longer road but I don’t care. It’s just kinda fun playing Lazarus. 👻👻👻👻
It
I suck, pics now lol the pile abides

IMG 4552
IMG 4551
IMG 4550
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That plant was a nightmare to do in DWC, it curled over with root rot in that last pic, probably needed another 3-4 weeks to be at the best weight/quality ratio.

Was prob a 10-15% thc strain, but man, amazing f1 cross genetics. Crossed her with a 32% plus sativa dominant F1 with hybrid vigor, and got one hell of a feminized batch of F1s out of it. Thanks to the hybrid vigor in the offpring they would rarely take more then 9-10 weeks. I had one i called the fast blaster (the one pictured actually) that was done before 8. Seed mother took 9, pollen donor took 12+. She smoked like an oldschool haze but could yeild 50% more in 50% less time. Very difficult plants to grow much like the landrace though.

First pic is a land race cola, It's the real deal columbian imho for sure, basically a thai stick from south america, everything about her was correct, second pic is one of her offspring. Third was the seed mother of the offspring.
Oh we gonna talk about some thing my friend.
Beautiful color, bud formation is tightl and right.

I am 99% sure I’m gonna hit you up, I also have some thang you will definitely be into,

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

If anyone thinks they could use true sativa land race genetics for their own projects, or if anyone has the space and skill to cultivate a sativa like this indoors, or the weather to finish them outdoors, i will send you the remaining seeds for free, but reserve the right to be scrupulous. Feel free to pm. I got out of the plant what i was after already, and its a land race, they'll all be more or less the same.

Pretty much any cross with this plant, feminized or regular with modern American genepools, will create an F1 very likely to display hybrid vigor.
Well, I’m gonna send you a message about these thangs. I will def save space for that. If I can get some of those stubborn big bud seeds to go, that sativa…..well? A cross that would be worthy for a great jump off point.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Well, I’m gonna send you a message about these thangs. I will def save space for that. If I can get some of those stubborn big bud seeds to go, that sativa…..well? A cross that would be worthy for a great jump off point.
heads up, when i say 13+ weeks, emphasis on the +

Pretty sure these things will just continuously grow new calyxes and keep stacking til they are physically unable or you kill them one way or another. The old calyxes dont swell when they mature either, pistils just go fiery orange. It's a land race from right off the equator. I still had fresh calyxes popping on a rapidly dying plant at 14ish weeks when i cut it.

Best used for f1 crosses, or growing outside if you got a long enough grow season. They will give you female pollen if you hormone interrupt excessively enough that will still pass on F1 vigor and it pairs very nicely with american genepool high yeild high test sativa doms though ;) The quality of end product isnt exactly worth the time it takes under a light with the amount of space it takes up, but their genetics are well worth integrating.

i'd have done a regular cross, but both my sprouts were females in the end lol.

btw i also have a bunch of sativa seeds that are supposed to be the original jack x original big bud, left to interbreed without males pulled on a single patch of soil for 30 years running. The buds from the crazy old deadhead i got the seeds from, were giant pointy christmas trees that had that "stains your sinus pine flavor" that a lot of us have probably forgot used to be everywhere, but is now nowhere. My 50% trifoliate/mutant rate seems to confirm the inbred for 30 years claim at least. These are a lot fresher (from this past fall) and i got 100% germ rates this spring with them.

Last edited:
P

Putthataway

Little help here. Saturday I fired up this light. Set it on 1 start time 4 am off at 10. It didn’t turn off stuck it on the timer so it could turn off. Controller is displaying a count down to off and on. Doesn’t turn off. If I recall correctly it said count down to on tho. I changed it to clock mode and it seemed like the light dimmed so I figured that was what I was doing wrong. Well noticed it actually just turned off half the light. Getting it off clock mode the other half turned on. When cranking the light out put it doesn’t seem like it’s getting brighter or dimmer like day one. I had the same issue with this programmer on their propagation system that included the same controller with the light not coming on or off at the programmed time. I think I got it to work once. What am I doing wrong here? I highly doubt I have two faulty controllers. It seems pretty bright plants are not too happy. I know for certain that the light I could visibly see each light increase and no longer. Also temperature yesterday leads me to believe it is pumping the 1000 watts.
IMG 1234

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

heads up, when i say 13+ weeks, emphasis on the +

Pretty sure these things will just continuously grow new calyxes and keep stacking til they are physically unable or you kill them one way or another. The old calyxes dont swell when they mature either, pistils just go fiery orange. It's a land race from right off the equator. I still had fresh calyxes popping on a rapidly dying plant at 14ish weeks when i cut it.

Best used for f1 crosses, or growing outside if you got a long enough grow season. They will give you female pollen if you hormone interrupt excessively enough that will still pass on F1 vigor and it pairs very nicely with american genepool high yeild high test sativa doms though ;) The quality of end product isnt exactly worth the time it takes under a light with the amount of space it takes up, but their genetics are well worth integrating.

i'd have done a regular cross, but both my sprouts were females in the end lol.

btw i have a bunch of seeds that are supposed to be the original jack x original big bud, left to interbreed without males pulled on a single patch of soil for 30 years running. The buds the crazy old deadhead i got the seeds from, were giant pointy christmas trees that had that stains your sinus pine flavor that a lot of us have probably forgot used to be everywhere, but is now nowhere. My 50% trifoliate/mutant rate seems to confirm the inbred for 30 years calem at least.
Oh man, I don’t do this for a living. This is just how I live.
I am never in a rush, I take my time,
Old landrace sativa are what they are man. Thin air, and crazy conditions when you grow on an outcropping of rocks on the side of a mountain path in Nepal……
It’ll get there 👊🏻🤡

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Little help here. Saturday I fired up this light. Set it on 1 start time 4 am off at 10. It didn’t turn off stuck it on the timer so it could turn off. Controller is displaying a count down to off and on. Doesn’t turn off. If I recall correctly it said count down to on tho. I changed it to clock mode and it seemed like the light dimmed so I figured that was what I was doing wrong. Well noticed it actually just turned off half the light. Getting it off clock mode the other half turned on. When cranking the light out put it doesn’t seem like it’s getting brighter or dimmer like day one. I had the same issue with this programmer on their propagation system that included the same controller with the light not coming on or off at the programmed time. I think I got it to work once. What am I doing wrong here? I highly doubt I have two faulty controllers. It seems pretty bright plants are not too happy. I know for certain that the light I could visibly see each light increase and no longer. Also temperature yesterday leads me to believe it is pumping the 1000 watts.View attachment 2155771
Something I’ve noticed about ac gear. Those bottoms have multiple functions and sequences of button presses.

P

Putthataway

Something I’ve noticed about ac gear. Those bottoms have multiple functions and sequences of button presses.
So this exactly how I have it set up on both of those controllers/ equipment. I don’t see my 1-10 changing intensity but it was the other day. They both never start or shut off at the programmed time. Now why the light intensity stopped working when it was working yesterday here is a different story. I suppose I could try the other controller but I don’t want that one to stop working. Appreciate the video, been looking for one to see if there’s something I was missing.

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Oh man, I don’t do this for a living. This is just how I live.
I am never in a rush, I take my time,
Old landrace sativa are what they are man. Thin air, and crazy conditions when you grow on an outcropping of rocks on the side of a mountain path in Nepal……
It’ll get there 👊🏻🤡
if ya toss it outside as momma intended, itll grow itself, even in a pile of clay and gravel lol.

It's a very cool plant, and it's not hard to see it in my head growing out of the mineral laiden soil in some rocky outcrop near the top of a remote mountain in the columbian rainforest lol.

When i would picture that while growing her, all of a sudden every issue i was having trying to grow such a plant in DWC made sense, even its strange thirst for calmag, and its total hatred of the nitrogen present in the calmag. The soil in the columbian mountains is from the jungle. It gets recycled used and replensihed very quickly, but constantly. Growing in columbia at elevation, it would have been in very mineral rich, but nitrogen lacking soils for generation after generation.

I'd love to see someone who actually appreciates the plant for what it is and represents growing it.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
if ya toss it outside as momma intended, itll grow itself, even in a pile of clay and gravel lol.

It's a very cool plant, and it's not hard to see it in my head growing out of the mineral laiden soil in some rocky outcrop near the top of a remote mountain in the columbian rainforest lol.

When i would picture that while growing her, all of a sudden every issue i was having trying to grow such a plant in DWC made sense, even its strange thirst for calmag, and its total hatred of the nitrogen present in the calmag. The soil in the columbian mountains is from the jungle. It gets recycled used and replensihed very quickly, but constantly. Growing in columbia at elevation, it would have been in very mineral rich, but nitrogen lacking soils for generation after generation.

I'd love to see someone who actually appreciates the plant for what it is and represents growing it.
Bro I’m like a firehose of cannabis info and grow shots. You would be definitely leaving them with a feller who will raise the dead. Lazarus man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom