Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

gonna layer this up hugelkultur style (hill culture, see google, This one's in my moms yard for her veggies)

Each layer only gonna be 1-2 inches thick besides compost layer

Layer 1: partially decomposed sticks and limbs
Layer 2: Dead leaves and fresh green lawn clippings
Layer 3: Partially decomposed compost
Layer 4: Full decomposed compost (thickest layer, 5-6")
Layer 5: creek floodplane loam from the creek at my house.
Layer 6: Quality garden soil mixed with the local topsoil and goat manure.

Then come her veggies :3 In future springs ill just add a layer of fresh compost, and top dress with goat poo as the season progresses.

The lack of airflow allows the decomposition of the wood and leaves to occur quite slowly, but it will start immediately thanks to the presence of the compost. It'll decay too slowly to acidify the soil, but will continue to compost for the next 4-5 years providing a free constant source of nitrogen.

Will probably do mine the exact same way this weekend just as a 6x3 instead of 8x4. Repurposed deck boards. She wanted it to look like it's been there a while already. I sprayed the boards with a matte polyurethane. Will hopefully get several seasons out of it.

439268605 333858062671696 7482061221362940310 n 1
Last edited:
P

Putthataway

So a little update on the new light, controller issue. First I don’t know if the light powered on. I was woken up at 6am by the lady telling me to check the breaker, the power just cut. Fans were just slowing down. I asked if the light was on, she said she didn’t know. I unplugged the light, we both work from home so got to get her working. Out to the breaker, flipped the switch. Nothing. I watch my neighbors house because I am one of those kinds of neighbors that you want. No power. So I went back to sleep, forgot to plug light back in. Turns out the entire city including two power companies were down. No extreme weather or reasonable explanation . I am guessing that the fblie plan…er warning of cyberattacks may have played a role. How do two separate companies transformers go down around the same time with no rational reason?
Anyway I got it plugged in and about a hour or so I am going to see if it turns off properly as programmed. Here’s where it gets wild. The room has been pumping out temperatures over 86 that’s in the grow tent and the room and or entire house with the door open. Today it’s been better 76-80 or so with no changes to the fan controller ( I don’t even know how to use it ). Eventually I will work on that when I feel I have one problem fixed. Plants seemed to like the light day one quickly laying down like been beat up and laying down on day 2 even after darkness. The last I looked I got the top leaves trying to pray which are one leaves on some and the lower leaves all laying down. Something caused them to reveg. Today probably didn’t help.
IMG 1238
IMG 1239
if you have not seen what is going on here is the temp and please take note of the of the color of the light at that 86 v
IMG 1231
IMG 1226
IMG 1222
IMG 1227

Last edited:
dankfrank83

dankfrank83

Guys.

My dad turns 65 in July and I wanna make him something cool. I'm thinking about making him an awesome stashbox out of local fur or maybe something more fancy, like oak? Thing is he has a forestry company and fur is what grows here so I like to think he would connect more to it. And fur of course is easier to work with 🤷 And free if your dad has the company.

I would love some design tips. My go-to construction would be a dovetailed box, but I have been having these crazy ideas lately, about bringing it back to the first woodworking project I did and gave him, and pin it with glue. Old school. I think it would look more rustic and cool, and for this use it is absolutely, 100% strong enough.

If anyone has plans they perhaps made themselves I would love to have a peek. Also if you ever thought something like "this box should have a place for... I don't know, wipes?"

I've seen these fancy boxes online, but shit, $70? I can do that myself.

Any tips welcome.

TreeBee

TreeBee

Guys.

My dad turns 65 in July and I wanna make him something cool. I'm thinking about making him an awesome stashbox out of local fur or maybe something more fancy, like oak? Thing is he has a forestry company and fur is what grows here so I like to think he would connect more to it. And fur of course is easier to work with 🤷 And free if your dad has the company.

I would love some design tips. My go-to construction would be a dovetailed box, but I have been having these crazy ideas lately, about bringing it back to the first woodworking project I did and gave him, and pin it with glue. Old school. I think it would look more rustic and cool, and for this use it is absolutely, 100% strong enough.

If anyone has plans they perhaps made themselves I would love to have a peek. Also if you ever thought something like "this box should have a place for... I don't know, wipes?"

I've seen these fancy boxes online, but shit, $70? I can do that myself.

Any tips welcome.
This is a lovely idea and I think your right about his connection to the fur tree wood. I unfortunately can't offer any tips on crafting it wood is not my material and is WAY different to operating with metal. How skilled are you with wood? I have seen some boxes made with live edge wood pieces and they are amazing!

dankfrank83

dankfrank83

Hey, hey, hey now

I'm gonna start sending these types of videos when people are messaging ne about bud.

"Hold on buddy. Watch this video and get back to me afterwards if you still want it"
This is a lovely idea and I think your right about his connection to the fur tree wood. I unfortunately can't offer any tips on crafting it wood is not my material and is WAY different to operating with metal. How skilled are you with wood? I have seen some boxes made with live edge wood pieces and they are amazing!
I'm a hobbyist 🤷 Can run a router kind
Metal is amazing to work with, the little I have. There was an evening class in blacksmithing a couple of years ago. It was great. A very humbling experience. I wanted to make a katana but ended up with a bottleopener. It's not pretty either, but future archeologists will have something to scratch their heads over atleast.

Woodworking with planks is as easy as you are skilled with tools my shop teacher said. Measure twice, cut once. It is sure a hell of a lot easier than growing awesome bud.

TreeBee

TreeBee

I'm gonna start sending these types of videos when people are messaging ne about bud.

"Hold on buddy. Watch this video and get back to me afterwards if you still want it"

I'm a hobbyist 🤷 Can run a router kind
Metal is amazing to work with, the little I have. There was an evening class in blacksmithing a couple of years ago. It was great. A very humbling experience. I wanted to make a katana but ended up with a bottleopener. It's not pretty either, but future archeologists will have something to scratch their heads over atleast.

Woodworking with planks is as easy as you are skilled with tools my shop teacher said. Measure twice, cut once. It is sure a hell of a lot easier than growing awesome bud.
Expectation VS reality lol
Blacksmithing is something I have always wanted to try probably way more awesome than welding but I can only imagine how difficult it would be. Could probably find some good inspiration on etsy, tons of crafty talented people there.

C

chronic2

Here at home he grow me, we use is grade A rain wait here I hear something.
It was the neighbor's dog pissing on my weeds again.

Hennie way the other day I soaked a doggie bone wit hear me roar, it's on the floor.
I could hear the neighbor yell 'watt did you do?' and heard the screen door open to let the dog out.

Poor snoopy laid out a whopper of a load on their recently laid out new rug from wall to wall.
The wind was just right as the smell was just ripe enough to know poor snoop peed a yellow line too.

I can't tell the neighbors how their dog killed another season of resin I had plans for were no more.
So just for spite I soaked another bite, tossed it over the fence and heard the lady scream.

She too shot a squat on her rug and could run fast enough to the cam ode to the porcelain throne.
Laughed as I may is another lame post that went sour in the mind of the reader's mode.

Top Bottom