Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I have a pretty good story from my youth back in the nineties.

I grew up on a small island, 50.000 people. Back then we had very little crime out of wich most was done by me and my friends and very mild, selling pot, arranging shroom meets in the woods and such. Not even the cops seemed to care about us.

Well, we were really proud that our grams was grams. True grams. Everyone else who sold did 3 grams and called it 5, 7 and call it 10 and so on.

And I loved NWA. A blue-eyed country boy in Sweden, imagine that.

I printed out little stickers with an image of Easy-E and under it said "Real Muthaphuckkin G's" where the G stood for Grams. I thought I was cool and funny and payed tribute to the diseased godfather of gangster rap. I did not intent to trespass on any brand, I'm a country boy, I don't know about stuff like that.

About a year later it said in the local newspaper that police was worried about signs that the notorious gang "Crips" might be operating on this little island, with just farms and fields. I read into it and realized it was my little stickers on the zip bags 😄
You were a legend in your own time!! Notorious Crip drug ring. I like the craftiness of your label, real muthafuckin G’s. You know that shit is probably logged into a database somewhere saying that the Crips have spread out operations from Southern California all the way across seas to Sweden.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

Awesome stuff right here. Roy ain't gonna stop the puffin' for nuthin'
It’s so funny when I tell people that’s a roy jones song. They are always like “who?”
I just shake my head…..
One hell of a boxer, though there was a time when I truly hated his bs in the ring. But he wasn’t as bad as prince naseem. But still, the older I got, the more I appreciated his ability to play on someone’s emotions and bait.
It’s fucking slick.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Thanks man, straight up “buckled “ is the word here.
Damn, doesn't sound fun. I think multiple monster fatties are in order maybe.
You got some weather headed your way?? Good old fashioned broken bone barometer??
Lol the amount of titanium i have in my body... the most expensive and painful barometer i could have asked for.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
The older I get the more I hate turning wrenches. Like seriously hate it. I'm doing a water pump and timing belt job on my Civic. Not an easy job, but not a super hard one, either. I just fuckin hate doing this shit, now. I quit turning wrenches like 7 years ago and haven't looked back. This is a great reminder why I'll never fuckin work on anyone else's shit ever again.
They still put the pump inside next to the chain?

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I'm gonna start sending these types of videos when people are messaging ne about bud.

"Hold on buddy. Watch this video and get back to me afterwards if you still want it"

I'm a hobbyist 🤷 Can run a router kind
Metal is amazing to work with, the little I have. There was an evening class in blacksmithing a couple of years ago. It was great. A very humbling experience. I wanted to make a katana but ended up with a bottleopener. It's not pretty either, but future archeologists will have something to scratch their heads over atleast.

Woodworking with planks is as easy as you are skilled with tools my shop teacher said. Measure twice, cut once. It is sure a hell of a lot easier than growing awesome bud.
Well that was an easy round, no drinks, but also no tips.

Im almost totally done with a strat i hand built. Mostly with hand tools aside from routing the cavities, neck pocket, and shaping the headstock.

Body is Sapele mahogany, flamed and a little bit of curl both. Thats not a flamed maple top/cap, it's a flamed Sapele body. Neck is kiln fired flamed maple (ill probably never work with this stuff again, its like working bubinga or something, its very hard). Fretboard is pau ferro from stew mac. Finish is boiled linseed underneath tru oil on the body/headstock face. Straight boiled Linseed on the neck.

Mainly an occasional hobbyist woodworker, played around with tables and some furniture growing up when i had acces to my dads good equipment. Went in to this expecting to fail miserably. But honestly, it's the best damn guitar ive ever had. The frets pressed so perfectly i didnt even have to level and crown, just polish. flawless victory so far. Aside from the fact i drilled for two string trees on the headstock before checking to find that i had cut the nut so well, it only needed one 😑

Didnt make the pickguard its just some job from amazon.

Coincidentally, what i hate more then anything in woodworking, is making a somple box or a speaker cabinet. I do not now, and have never owned a table or band saw lmfao, just used to use my dad's. Im a circular saw/jigsaw cheapskate kinda guy. I cut the body from a blank with a jig saw and chisel, lots of blisters hand sanding. Shaped the headstock with a jigsaw.

Sorry for pic quality, currently have a pretty dog doo phone. But yea, i am IMMENSELY proud of this. It makes me seem a lot better at wood working then i take myself to actually be.

434250663 2062790097441518 2796219905946299811 n 1
431808749 423267636903764 2102234318770952533 n 1
434324613 429734539585811 4132154838605407329 n 1
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
The older I get the more I hate turning wrenches. Like seriously hate it. I'm doing a water pump and timing belt job on my Civic. Not an easy job, but not a super hard one, either. I just fuckin hate doing this shit, now. I quit turning wrenches like 7 years ago and haven't looked back. This is a great reminder why I'll never fuckin work on anyone else's shit ever again.
So I have a huquevarna riding mower, cutting deck rot it had, was caused by cutting the lawn. 🤣😃😃😃🤬🤬🤬 I hunt high and low to find the particular one I need, waaaaay more difficult then it needed to be, I’m watching this package bounce from ups, then get notifications it was picked up by dhl, I have never seen this happen with a. Corresponding email with new tracking.

So it was coming from Minneapolis, it made it to a town 5 mins down the street, then it got sent back due to what I understand was a bad package. It made me so fucking angry, I couldn’t find the deck anywhere else.
Then I realized that strangely enough, fucking Lowe’s works with them exclusively on lawn gear. As I watched this package get shuffled all over America for fucking 3 weeks, that Lowe’s has a racket going. They wanted 2 times as much, I call they say oh we have 6 of those here, long story short, I now have a riding mower out back that I cannibalize for parts to repair my 1986 John Deere. The husq is 6 years old…..

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Damn, doesn't sound fun. I think multiple monster fatties are in order maybe.

Lol the amount of titanium i have in my body... the most expensive and painful barometer i could have asked for.
Ohh me too, if you ask me meteorologist should be a pre qualification for the job to have broken bones or old injuries and have to live in the immediate area that they forecast.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
So I have a huquevarna riding mower, cutting deck rot it had, was caused by cutting the lawn. 🤣😃😃😃🤬🤬🤬 I hunt high and low to find the particular one I need, waaaaay more difficult then it needed to be, I’m watching this package bounce from ups, then get notifications it was picked up by dhl, I have never seen this happen with a. Corresponding email with new tracking.

So it was coming from Minneapolis, it made it to a town 5 mins down the street, then it got sent back due to what I understand was a bad package. It made me so fucking angry, I couldn’t find the deck anywhere else.
Then I realized that strangely enough, fucking Lowe’s works with them exclusively on lawn gear. As I watched this package get shuffled all over America for fucking 3 weeks, that Lowe’s has a racket going. They wanted 2 times as much, I call they say oh we have 6 of those here, long story short, I now have a riding mower out back that I cannibalize for parts to repair my 1986 John Deere. The husq is 6 years old…..
Im a little surprised to not read “ we dont need no stinking mower decks” hahaha!!!

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Well that was an easy round, no drinks, but also no tips.

Im almost totally done with a strat i hand built. Mostly with hand tools aside from routing the cavities, neck pocket, and shaping the headstock.

Body is Sapele mahogany, flamed and a little bit of curl both. Thats not a flamed maple top/cap, it's a flamed Sapele body. Neck is kiln fired flamed maple (ill probably never work with this stuff again, its like working bubinga or something, its very hard). Fretboard is pau ferro from stew mac. Finish is boiled linseed underneath tru oil on the body/headstock face. Straight boiled Linseed on the neck.

Mainly an occasional hobbyist woodworker, played around with tables and some furniture growing up when i had acces to my dads good equipment. Went in to this expecting to fail miserably. But honestly, it's the best damn guitar ive ever had. The frets pressed so perfectly i didnt even have to level and crown, just polish. flawless victory so far. Aside from the fact i drilled for two string trees on the headstock before checking to find that i had cut the nut so well, it only needed one 😑

Didnt make the pickguard its just some job from amazon.

Coincidentally, what i hate more then anything in woodworking, is making a somple box or a speaker cabinet. I do not now, and have never owned a table or band saw lmfao, just used to use my dad's. Im a circular saw/jigsaw cheapskate kinda guy. I cut the body from a blank with a jig saw and chisel, lots of blisters hand sanding. Shaped the headstock with a jigsaw.

Sorry for pic quality, currently have a pretty dog doo phone. But yea, i am IMMENSELY proud of this. It makes me seem a lot better at wood working then i take myself to actually be.
That’s beautiful 😍, I don’t play but I can appreciate that craftsmanship. Awesome work!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Im a little surprised to not read “ we dont need no stinking mower decks” hahaha!!!
Yeah it sucks, I’d love to have a surgical mower, but all of the essential pulley mounting points are built into it.
I wanted to blow it up with ar bullets x
But then I realized, that it has a Briggs and Stratton, oh I’m going to take the decent parts and put them on the actual mower not made of paper mache’

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
but all of the essential pulley mounting points are built into it.
They do this to us on purpose! I was just talking to a guy about the fuses in my truck and how they tie them into weird hidden shit so you have to take them to the dealer! Fuckers! (Now that is just my tinfoil hat theory) but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ever came out in some whistle blower bullshit hahaha!

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

welcome to the new world. I have an early 90s briggs push mower, better bet your damn assi fix it when it breaks and have takn that motor through about 5 decks now. I really, REALLY do not want to buy an electric, or modern IC push mower again. Ive owned several and keep going back and fixing the old (designed in late 80s) briggs when the newbies inevitably dont even make it a season on the yards we have out here...

I retired my kholer command craftsman rider from the 90s, and got a like new condition Husq zero turn (total gimmick on tractor types btw, even try and they just go straight dragging the front wheel sideways, the physics makes no sense lol), under 100 hrs, ran like new, shaft drive, had the bougie hydrostat transmission..... the bougie transmission didnt last the season on my moms yard. Thing barely belongs on a golf course let alone real yard around here. Woulda cost about a grand to fix the damn thing.

Went back to fixing the craftsman when it breaks, and replacing drive belts. That rider probably has 3000 hours on it at least. the bougie husq i payed 2k for didnt make it to 500. I only got 200 back on that piece of s***. Im pretty sure my dad payed like $150 for that craftsman like 15 years ago and it was already old. The kholer command craft rider, and that early 90s briggs pushy.... still alive and kicking strong. just did piston rings on the briggs this season, replaced the governor springs, cost like $10, like f**kin new again just beat all to hell and back lookin'. Doesn't even burn oil.

My moms yard alone has killed like half a dozen modern push mowers and a couple modern riders, im just glad these days she has a service handle it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom