Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Here’s a little sneak peek of what I have growing on right meow……
IMG 5246
There’s a mix of skunk and afghan auto’s in the front, with some Pineapple Express chugging along, and four other seedlings bringing up the rear: pbb x cman, lsd,banner2, & okie x cman.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
They do this to us on purpose! I was just talking to a guy about the fuses in my truck and how they tie them into weird hidden shit so you have to take them to the dealer! Fuckers! (Now that is just my tinfoil hat theory) but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ever came out in some whistle blower bullshit hahaha!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

fucking grinds my pork rinds

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
welcome to the new world. I have an early 90s briggs push mower, better bet your damn assi fix it when it breaks and have takn that motor through about 5 decks now. I really, REALLY do not want to buy an electric, or modern IC push mower again. Ive owned several and keep going back and fixing the old (designed in late 80s) briggs when the newbies inevitably dont even make it a season on the yards we have out here...

I retired my kholer command craftsman rider from the 90s, and got a like new condition Husq zero turn (total gimmick on tractor types btw, even ty and they just go straight dragging the front wheel sideways), under 100 hrs, ran like new, shaft drive, had the bougie hydrostat transmission..... the bougie transmission didnt last the season on my moms yard. Thing barely belongs on a golf course let a real yard around here. Woulda cost about a grand to fix the damn thing.

Went back to fixing the craftsman when it breaks, and replacing drive belts. That rider probably has 3000 hours on it at least. the bougie husq i payed 2k for didnt make it to 500. I only got 200 back on that piece of s***. Im pretty sure my dad payed like $150 for that craftsman like 15 years ago and it was already old. The kholer command craft rider, and that early 90s briggs pushy.... still alive and kicking strong. just did piston rings on the briggs this season, replaced the springs, cost like $10, like f**kin new again just beat all to hell and back lookin'.

My moms yard alone has killed like half a dozen modern push mowers and a couple modern riders, im just glad these days she has a service handle it.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

And were 6 days into 12/12👊
IMG 4218

And btw @Captspaulding this time i only removed some few lower leaves and budsites that was almost completely shaded hopw they will yield a good amount this time😆👊

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

to be fair, this is what i was expecting a piece of modern consumer-grade equipment to handle. This is really only mom's side yard too, but it's the part that likes to kill modern equipment. Turns out that's a very unreasonable expectation to have. I wouldn't think it should be, but it is lmfao. My yards much smaller, and mostly overgrown and partially wooded.

It's steeper then it looks in the photo.

434247401 2105958056439274 1505153960942069393 n

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
to be fair, this is what i was expecting a piece of modern consumer-grade equipment to handle. This is really only mom's side yard too, but it's the part that likes to kill modern equipment. Turns out that's a very unreasonable expectation to have. I wouldn't think it should be, but it is lmfao. My yards much smaller, and mostly overgrown and partially wooded.

It's steeper then it looks in the photo.

View attachment 2156674
So these pics are the area that John Deere handled for years and years.

It’s fucking criminal what has happened to quality. I know exactly what you mean.

IMG 0109
IMG 0108
IMG 0107
IMG 0110
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Damn nice yard! And great choice of vehicle, taco’s rule!
What about that 89 t top rs tucked back there?

Ha! My first “hot rod”
That is my folks place in the Lehigh valley pa,
They moved to Florida 5 or so years ago, they moved to a retirement community from there.

I will never understand. 🤯
But I got that John Deere from them and use it here on the moon. Man I had a 97 4Runner forever. They are bulletproof vehicles. They bought that at my suggestion and it has taken great care of them. I have a 18 ram nowadays, which I was hesitant, mopar trans and all. But it’s a great truck. I had a lifted 12 frontier for a good bit too.
Body over frame trucks are awesome.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Cap, you put some work in on that yard, it's beautiful. We still have snow up to the waist here still.
That’s my parents joint. Anytime I was up there with them, it’s all i did, I went batty there all day everyday until I had to split. it’s a lot of work, but damned easy on the eyes.
They put a super fund site in just down the road. Fracking.
When the water started to sizzle coming out the spicket, I wouldn’t shut up about them needing to leave. They did a while back, but man, it was bad, a specialized water treatment company came and installed a multi phase filtration and softening system, that the company had locks on, no way for you as the home owner to take a sample to be tested post filtration, contract stipulations said you would be sued if you messed with the system. Then, they finally split.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

That’s my parents joint. Anytime I was up there with them, it’s all i did, I went batty there all day everyday until I had to split. it’s a lot of work, but damned easy on the eyes.
They put a super fund site in just down the road. Fracking.
When the water started to sizzle coming out the spicket, I wouldn’t shut up about them needing to leave. They did a while back, but man, it was bad, a specialized water treatment company came and installed a multi phase filtration and softening system, that the company had locks on, no way for you as the home owner to take a sample to be tested post filtration, contract stipulations said you would be sued if you messed with the system. Then, they finally split.
That’s a shame, that place looks like paradise, but those fracking companies just see money 💰, look right past the people, and wildlife and only see the money. They all deserve to choke on their own greed before they have a chance to enjoy it.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Im glad mom still has her place. Grew up there, lot of our blood sweat and tears on this land. Up there at the trucks, thats the back yard lol. Used to be that whole ridge line up to the trees.

The kudzu is getting out of control though, another decade itll be all thats on the mountain besides mowed grass, That bare mountainside up to the tree lines, in a few weeks that will be 100% kudzu growing a foot a day per tendril. special place in a special place for whoever decided that shit would make good erosion control out here. Its beautiful, but it kills everything in its path with no exceptions. everything. It's made it into the side yard now. I had it under control at the edge of the main yards, but then i lived elsewhere in the country for several years and it got out of hand.

It gets reaaaal easy on the eyes come summer. But unfortunately it isn't going to stay that way. The kudzu is beyond human power to control or hold back in this part of the world.. This stuff can tear old growth trees apart limb by limb and pull em into the dirt to rot

434318602 783351516674511 646501896986960848 n
434287652 1154627315549050 7147500000034752717 n
Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That’s a shame, that place looks like paradise, but those fracking companies just see money 💰, look right past the people, and wildlife and only see the money. They all deserve to choke on their own greed before they have a chance to enjoy it.
One of the biggest issues ever man. Makes zero sense to me, but I digress. Who needs a clean water and ecosystem anyways?
it was paradise too. The house was built 1870
All original hand Milled timber floor beams and rafters. Not a square opening in the house, but it was charming. Had all the personality.
Oh well, LOOOOOOVE THAT MONEY ASSHOLES!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Im glad mom still has her place. Grew up there, lot of our blood sweat and tears on this land. Up there at the trucks, thats the back yard lol. Used to be that whole ridge line up to the trees.

The kudzu is getting out of control though, another decade itll be all thats on the mountain besides mowed grass, That bare mountainside up to the tree lines, in a few weeks that will be 100% kudzu growing a foot a day per tendril. special place in a special place for whoever decided that shit would make good erosion control out here. Its beautiful, but it kills everything in its path with no exceptions. everything. It's made it into the side yard now. I had it under control at the edge of the main yards, but then i lived elsewhere in the country for several years and it got out of hand.

It gets reaaaal easy on the eyes come summer.
Bro, I thought they would be there forever, and so did they. It really needs to be regulated FOR REAL. These companies get carte Blanche to do whatever they want? A system in your house you can know what is in it? Fucking thing could have been cooking meth.
The filtration system I mean…..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
My back is buggered today too and I came on here to avoid getting up to do the dishes and here you are trying to get out of your work lol
Great minds is what I say.
It’s the bending that is definitely not gonna happen atm. I need to put in shelves again. But, then I look under the shelves and think, hey capt, you can fit more plants there couldnt you?

But sometimes dishes, they can go right on ahead and grow things. I’ll name whatever that thing is barnaby , and pay him to wash them Either that, or I’ve taken too many mushies and have successfully held convo with a Pile of platez.

Who doesn’t like a barnaby?

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

That’s beautiful 😍, I don’t play but I can appreciate that craftsmanship. Awesome work!
Thank you, i wish i had a better phone cam. The top of the body wood is very intense, has visible depth into the grain. Move it in the light and it does the exact same visual effect those old 3d holographic ball cards do. With grain like that properly cured, the resins crystalize in the pores of the wood, light will shine through these pores differently at different angles. It looks like 3 dimensional depth because it is lol. (in this pic theres no finish on the wood, it was just wet lightly with a rag to darken the wood and show the figuring)

I dont even like admitting how little i paid for the wood used. Having a dresser drawer made with wood like this costs an absolute fortune. Sapele is one of the highest quality sources of lumber in the extended mahogany family, and curly grain, let alone AAA flame curly grain tends to cost an absolute fortune to get ahold of. There's a lot of legal restriction on sourcing lumber in the mahogany family these days for damn good reason too. This wood probably was not ethically harvested if i were to be honest, but i have no way of knowing,

322935783 845910893288767 5619299836240335916 n 1
Top Bottom