Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

For real tho some people say chopping before the lights come on or leaving them in the dark for 48 hours improves the final product.

People sure say a lot about this hobby.
I usually don’t worry about the light schedule too much, I will try to dry back a little bit before harvest so I’m not leaving a wet pot behind in the tent. I have heard that early in the lights on will be the height of trichome production vs degradation.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Beautiful guitar! The wood grain is amazing.

Check out these speakers I made last year. They sound great. I made the cabinets from Ash. We had an enormous ash tree that succumbed to that ash borer. The grain was something I wanted to preserve and use on the front baffle board.

View attachment 2157274
That is absolutely gorgeous. Im planning on making my own boxes at some point for my speakers. Prob MDF, but i hav some really nice Koa veneers in the basement i plan on using :3

I need a table saw, or way of making perfectly straight cuts first though. Im using some modernized AR 660s with dayton drivers and custom crossovers atm. They are incredible sounding, but quite ugly to look at lol. Just big brown rectangles with poo brown veneer and very little, very vague wood grain.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I usually don’t worry about the light schedule too much, I will try to dry back a little bit before harvest so I’m not leaving a wet pot behind in the tent. I have heard that early in the lights on will be the height of trichome production vs degradation.
i have noticed MAYBE a bit of terp content increase doing the final dark cycle with plants that produce a lot of volatile unstable terps.

With most plants ive never noticed a difference doing the final dark cycle. I do tend to cut a plant before lights come on though, a C3 vegetative plant like cannabis has dramatically ramped up chlorophyl production the first few hours of daylight. Thats a fact, how much it actually affects the end product though? I have no idea, and ive been growing for quite a long time and im still not sure nor convinced.

If i dont have other plants in the setup at the time, ill still do 48-72 hours of darkness, just because, but i dont at all consider it anything important.

Turning your fans off the last 2 days and backing lights off to about 24+ inches though... that has def made a difference on the stink level on some of my plants. But its not the darkness causing that i dont think, it's the shutting down of transpiration and the effects that has on volatile terps if i had to guess.

Z

Zill

That is absolutely gorgeous. Im planning on making my own boxes at some point for my speakers. Prob MDF, but i hav some really nice Koa veneers in the basement i plan on using :3

I need a table saw, or way of making perfectly straight cuts first though. Im using some modernized AR 660s with dayton drivers and custom crossovers atm. They are incredible sounding, but quite ugly to look at lol. Just big brown rectangles with poo brown veneer and very little, very vague wood grain.
I bought the speaker kits from miniscus audio.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I figured that this wouldn’t be lost on anyone here,
IMG 5248
this movie was my first memory of depression 🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
You know, I love this place, but there are threads that I have been a helping hand on, that at the end of the day, I shouldn’t have, some folks just need a paint by numbers to do something, the way some some folks can be, is disingenuous. wording things like I been helping 6x longer than I actually have, forgetting the original reason I helped.
I legit got dude back on track, and then wonders why he’s so far behind his other runs, you didn’t hit me up for monster plants, you wanted to know a remedy for the ailment. and I held their hand through it, fixed their issue and make it seems like I stunted your plants? Don’t be that guy. Jesus it kinda got under my skin a bit. just saying, once I help you correct something, I’m going to assume you’re going to then, you know, grow your herb? anyways it is a different day in the space time continuum. I love y’all!
👊🏻🤡

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

You know, I love this place, but there are threads that I have been a helping hand on, that at the end of the day, I shouldn’t have, some folks just need a paint by numbers to do something, the way some some folks can be, is disingenuous. wording things like I been helping 6x longer than I actually have, forgetting the original reason I helped.
I legit got dude back on track, and then wonders why he’s so far behind his other runs, you didn’t hit me up for monster plants, you wanted to know a remedy for the ailment. and I held their hand through it, fixed their issue and make it seems like I stunted your plants? Don’t be that guy. Jesus it kinda got under my skin a bit. just saying, once I help you correct something, I’m going to assume you’re going to then, you know, grow your herb? anyways it is a different day in the space time continuum. I love y’all!
👊🏻🤡
I’ve dispensed a virtual shit ton of good advice and guidance over the years from friends and relatives to complete strangers on the internet and have slapped myself in the forehead more often than not, but every once in a great while you actually get through to someone, and it makes it all worth it. But nowadays it’s fairly common for people to cry for help and then turn around and shit on their savior. Chalk it up to bad manners, lousy upbringing, inability to own ones mistakes, instant gratification or the collapse of society. Either way there’s no litmus test to weed out those people ahead of time, and ultimately as we all grow older eventually we realize that it isn’t all about me me me, but more about how we can impart our own knowledge and experience to the benefit of others. That being said hopefully the amount of good that we do impart on others remains greater than the odd occasional ungrateful mother fucker who bites the hand that feeds them. Otherwise we’ll all become bitter with age and society as a whole will suffer. That’s the gospel according to Marty……Amen!🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I’ve dispensed a virtual shit ton of good advice and guidance over the years from friends and relatives to complete strangers on the internet and have slapped myself in the forehead more often than not, but every once in a great while you actually get through to someone, and it makes it all worth it. But nowadays it’s fairly common for people to cry for help and then turn around and shit on their savior. Chalk it up to bad manners, lousy upbringing, inability to own ones mistakes, instant gratification or the collapse of society. Either way there’s no litmus test to weed out those people ahead of time, and ultimately as we all grow older eventually we realize that it isn’t all about me me me, but more about how we can impart our own knowledge and experience to the benefit of others. That being said hopefully the amount of good that we do impart on others remains greater than the odd occasional ungrateful mother fucker who bites the hand that feeds them. Otherwise we’ll all become bitter with age and society as a whole will suffer. That’s the gospel according to Marty……Amen!🤣
Testify muffuka
Faktissizz.

I know bro, there are them days and then there are those people,

I have an asshole allergy,
And I’m all out of Benadryl hahahaaha.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
That part if the movie legit damaged my kids. 😂
We just watched this last summer for the first time (kids not me) 10, 5, 3 the 10 year old were pretty sure is a sociopath, the 5 year old didnt understand and just runs around the house singing “never ending stooooorrryyyyyy” and the 3 year old, the three year old was concerned for 4 seconds. What childhood is complete with out the childhood traumas of the 80’s? We’re going to watch Mac and me here pretty soon😂

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I have learned a whole lot from the experienced growers here, and theough my own trial and error. Reading my plants, knowing when to water... and more importantly when NOT to water, nutes, plant structure, training. I appreciate the lessons you guys share..

Just so you guys know... i value and listen to the advice.. i just fuck shit up all the time trying to push my limits. Who's fault is that? Led zeppelin said it best:

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I have learned a whole lot from the experienced growers here, and theough my own trial and error. Reading my plants, knowing when to water... and more importantly when NOT to water, nutes, plant structure, training. I appreciate the lessons you guys share..

Just so you guys know... i value and listen to the advice.. i just fuck shit up all the time trying to push my limits. Who's fault is that? Led zeppelin said it best:

You, are my dawg fo lyfe homie.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter

Im going to second this! Thanks for posting Tumble! I read a random post from someone earlier this morning that had everything to do with my situation but not directed at me or my thread! It was like Pizza Jesus was just listening and watching me😍🙏 lots to be heard if one can be still and quiet long enough to hear and feel : ) thank you guys for all the help : ) with all my heart : ) seriously : )

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Testify muffuka
Faktissizz.

I know bro, there are them days and then there are those people,

I have an asshole allergy,
And I’m all out of Benadryl hahahaaha.
I’ve got a Bavarian flyfishing friend who once said in response to someone who crossed him in his German accent “ and to hell is where they shall go!!! Fucking beautiful man!! Send them all to the fiery depths of HELL 🔥🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom