Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
im chasing neither yeild nor proffit anymore, so why not experiment is my thought.

Id have normally ditched a seedling like that in the past and popped another knowing it would catch up, figured it wouldn't survive the scalpel either. Used a tiny bit of cinnamon to quickly dry the cut tissue and prevent infection and quickly create a callus on the exposed vascular stuffs. (a little trick i picked up in the cactus/succulent world). It worked, so another trick to add to the grab bag lol.
I dig that, once you get out of yield chasing and all that jazz it’s all about a happy plant.
Runts and mutants have a home here too. Why not, and old dogs can learn new tricks too man! 👊🏻🤡

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
For real tho some people say chopping before the lights come on or leaving them in the dark for 48 hours improves the final product.

People sure say a lot about this hobby.
“I really wanna dance man, but all I hear is bs”

Leo, you ain’t lying cuz.
Seriously. Spin your plants 1080 degrees ending with the plant pointed due north. Wait to hear the widow of the boatman’s ghost bellow, then chop.

Mad terps son.
Other wise it’s back to the shire bilbo Schwaggins

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I dig that, once you get out of yield chasing and all that jazz it’s all about a happy plant.
Runts and mutants have a home here too. Why not, and old dogs can learn new tricks too man! 👊🏻🤡
Im curious if the 50% trifoliate rate will hold as more get germinated. I've had maybe 5 or 6 trifoliates my entire growing career, and all of a sudden i got 50% from a single batch.

Seed source claimed 30 years of letting the original jack here and original big bud inbreed pollen chuck style on a single plot for about 30 years running never once pulling male. The buds i was given to de-seed were giant pointy christmas trees anywhere from 7-14g each. I pulled about 50 beans from a single top cola.

Flavor was that pine so piney it stained your sinuses.... you know the flavor... that one you haven't tasted in 15 years...

A trifoliate rate of 50% definitely implies heavy inbreeding in recurrent generations as well, and they are definitely sativa dom plants. I can't say for sure obviously, but knowing the source personally, and having worked with him for several years on a variety of "topics"... I am definitely inclined to believe im holing on to original Jack here and Big Bud genetics in these ones.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Seriously. Spin your plants 1080 degrees ending with the plant pointed due north. Wait to hear the widow of the boatman’s ghost bellow, then chop.

Mad terps son.
there is science behind these claims, sort of, it's rooted in the fact that cannabis is a C3 vegative herb.

It does most of its chlorophyl production in the first couple hours of daylight, and most resin and terpine production will happen while the plant isnt growing, for a c3 plant that means at night.

The first ones to come up[ with this idea were just making educated assumptions, but then like with most things in this hobby, people picked it up and ran with it like it was the holy grail.

I have absolutely had plants high in volatile terps that benefitted from dark periods.

All my plants have benefitted (for at least the first 30 mins of harvest) from backing the lights way back, and turning the fans off for the last day or two though. If you have some heavy indicas, they may not like this, and may wet themselves a bit lol (transpiration between fan leaves)

Ymmv lol. Not all plants, not even most, will be perceivably any different doing it one way over the other, i tend to just recommend cutting fans off. That works better then either extreme if having a stronger terp punch at harvest is your goal.

But we also also know how you treat it from that point to the pipe is WAY more important then any of this..

I must admit, its a funny mental image imaging a new grower spending money on a carbon filter, stressing smell the entire grow in their apartment.... And then giving it 3 days of dark to make sure its as stinky as possible while your harvesting and trimming. That whole arrangement is just funny to me. And its happening right now, all over the country lmfao. You could smell me trimming at the corner store 2 blocks away back in KC lmfao. No matter what i did.

Every now and then, on my bike rides, it would just slap me in my face.... "Someone in the neighborhood just cut"

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

Mad terps son.
I prefer the 2070 much cleaner on the lay down

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

made a thread about it.
People love that one!
id love to check that one out lol.

Early on I played with stressing plants young for a while to see what i could get out of it. Generally what you get out of it, across the board, at least with te genetics i had at my disposal, seemed to mainly be longer turn around times for lower yields. Extra veg time to make up for the time lost, etc. If you stem split or use a nail, you end up with this big ugly knuckle scarred over the stem too, and yea its harder then the rest of the stem, but that does not mean its stronger.. If you do it with clones of the same plant, what you end up with.... drum roll please...

are longer turn around times (though not as bad as when done to seed plants early on), lower yields (also not as bad as when done to seed p[lants), and a big ass hardened callused up knuckle where you injured the plant. It may increase resin content a bit, but within margin of error and drifting variables... at the time all i was able to observe were cons, only cons, nothing but cons xD The clones seemed to keep growing through the damage though, a lot better then young seed plants do.

However, i also kept a control group at the time, something the guys who decided that worked probably didnt bother with.

I will also say, when ive implemented super cropping, the buds on those branches weren't all of a sudden, magically better then the un-scarred branches lol.

I tried boiling roots before hanging plants to dry when i was still a teenager too, all it did was make the house smell weird and my mom was annoyed.

Sorry, it would seem i used up my sense of humor last night with all the johnson talk

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Some more,
Beautiful
Love them coleus
@GNick55
Third to last pic is our catnip plant
Second to last is berries and cream mint in our custom soil mix
beautiful sir.

That mint just don't stop does it? I put a couple in my moms herb garden a few years ago. She ended up having to make a new one this season, because the old herb garden is just a mint garden now lol

Top Bottom