Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

i rewatched all the austin powers movie's recently. And man, kinda killed some of my childhood, because i also watched a lot of old adam sandler movies, and they are actually good.

The first Austin Powers is pretty good, a lot of the humor is very dated, but it holds up... But Going straight into Happy Gilmore and Little Nicky from Goldmemberm however.... Really exaggerates how terrible goldmember actually was, and how great those old Adam Sandler movies really are. Honestly they are even better now, then back then.

I thought Don;t mess with the zohan was terrible when i watched it years and years ago. But honestly i think it's one of the best Adam Sandler movies there are. And every single one drums home the importance of close family and friend bonds. Every one of em.

And holy crap, as a kid i never realized every single Adam sadnler movie has such a deep and meaningful take away. From it's ok to love your fellow man, even if your are jewish and them Palestinian, to everybody is great at something, go find out what it is. To everyone deserves some love, even Satan himself.

Im sad now because i loved the austin powers movies as a kid lol.
Sandler is one of the goats, and Mike Meyers is great in his own right, he’s on that Eddie Murphy trip where he’s got so much talent they had to make multiple characters for him in the same movie. That’s a cool observation though about Sandler movies though. I’ve even seen some of the movies he’s done outside the comedy genre. Definitely going to watch the Spaceman movie he just did, looks like it’ll be interesting.
If Myers would have left it at the first movie fine, and why did he have to play 98 different roles, and badly as well"my op". I guess money was tight for the poor fella.
99 paychecks each for a different character, might just be brilliant!!

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Uncle Buck is our favorite Candy movie🤣
323cb66900fd1fb4a9f31fe591f770a2

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Sandler is one of the goats, and Mike Meyers is great in his own right, he’s on that Eddie Murphy trip where he’s got so much talent they had to make multiple characters for him in the same movie. That’s a cool observation though about Sandler movies though. I’ve even seen some of the movies he’s done outside the comedy genre. Definitely going to watch the Spaceman movie he just did, looks like it’ll be interesting.

99 paychecks each for a different character, might just be brilliant!!
oh dont get me wrong i love mike meyers.

As an adult, where i am today, i just thought those austin powers movies were bad enough that i wish i had just left them as childhood memories lmfao.

I do apologize to anyone who loves those movies for spilling the beans though. And yea, first one's alright. Just definitely feels VERY "late 90s/early00s"

Happy gilmore only felt dated because of the color pallet in the film camera's they used and how young the actors look lol. Little Nicky looks like it was shot yesterday, and the humor in both will be just as legendary in another 20 years imho.

Another is the scary movie series. 1st one pretty ok, second one, bad, but watchable. Everything after might genuinely be the worst collection of films in US film history. I know the point of those movies is to be absurd... but my ****ing god...

I watched Idiocracy again recently too... It used to be a comedy, but now it's a horror movie. And a REALLY good one too.

Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

As an adult, where i am today, i just thought those austin powers movies were bad enough that i wish i had just left them as childhood memories lmfao.

I do apologize to anyone who loves those movies for spilling the beans though. And yea, first one's alright. Just definitely feels VERY "late 90s/early00s"

Happy gilmore only felt dated because of the color pallet in the film camera's they used and how young the actors look lol. Little Nicky looks like it was shot yesterday, and the humor in both will be just as legendary in another 20 years imho.

Another is the scary movie series. 1st one pretty ok, second one, bad, but watchable. Everything after might genuinely be the worst collection of films in US film history. I know the point of those movies is to be absurd... but my ****ing god...

I watched Idiocracy again recently too... It used to be a comedy, but now it's a horror movie. And a REALLY good one too.
Brought to you by carls jr

cpurola

cpurola

i rewatched all the austin powers movie's recently. And man, kinda killed some of my childhood, because i also watched a lot of old adam sandler movies, and they are actually good.

The first Austin Powers is pretty good, a lot of the humor is very dated, but it holds up... But Going straight into Happy Gilmore and Little Nicky from Goldmemberm however.... Really exaggerates how terrible goldmember actually was, and how great those old Adam Sandler movies really are. Honestly they are even better now, then back then.

I thought Don;t mess with the zohan was terrible when i watched it years and years ago. But honestly i think it's one of the best Adam Sandler movies there are. And every single one drums home the importance of close family and friend bonds. Every one of em.

And holy crap, as a kid i never realized every single Adam sadnler movie has such a deep and meaningful take away. From it's ok to love your fellow man, even if your are jewish and them Palestinian, to everybody is great at something, go find out what it is. To everyone deserves some love, even Satan himself.

Im sad now because i loved the austin powers movies as a kid lol.
Funny you say this 'cause I just watched Happy Gilmore with my 88 yr.old mom and she loved it! 'Course she loves golf too, so it was right up her alley. Thinking Uncle Buck would be a good second movie. 🙂

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

So I've been busy
20240429 130818

14 Blueberry Hash Plant
13 Cherry Wine hemp
Lucky 13, ran out of cups with holes.
20240429 131320

I either cut them or get out the small soldiering iron and add drainage. I use these for Kratky lettuce in the winter.
20200319 175102

Works better on real leaf lettuce😉

They'll stay in the shade of the patio the rest of the day and I'll put 'em in my hot box tonight. I only really need 4 BBHP's but the hemp I'll grow as many as will root.

Look who came to check out what I was doing
20240429 132231

She was hoping for mealworms😉

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Was it a 6" ac infinity gen 1 fan?

Free replacement upgrades for the gen 2. You keep both fans, just give them an order number (i got mine as part of a kit from a 3rd party website and still got the replacement.)

Thread 'AC Infinity Cloudray S6 FREE Gen2 Upgrade!' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/ac-infinity-cloudray-s6-free-gen2-upgrade.157091/
Dang I almost forgot about that yes its a gen 1 ac infinity. Not sure where I got it tho, hopefully amazon, I'll check. Thanks amigo 👍

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Idiocracy is a tale of woe, and an unheeded warning shot fired across the bow of American culture. It was a warning of what’s to come, when the average individual is wrapped up in flash and cash so much that critical thinking becomes public enemy number one, right there next to truth and decency. When miracle grow and Gatorade become one and the same it’ll already be too late ⏰.
IMG 5122
Here’s Mitch and Joe lookin like creeps at a human produce factory, and mom smiling like she’s glad she had twins, as not to go home empty handed, all the while lil sister has that horrified look on her face like she’s just realizing what’s happening. Sorry no politics, just conjecture and satire 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Idiocracy is a tale of woe, and an unheeded warning shot fired across the bow of American culture. It was a warning of what’s to come, when the average individual is wrapped up in flash and cash so much that critical thinking becomes public enemy number one, right there next to truth and decency. When miracle grow and Gatorade become one and the same it’ll already be too late ⏰. View attachment 2160509Here’s Mitch and Joe lookin like creeps at a human produce factory, and mom smiling like she’s glad she had twins, as not to go home empty handed, all the while lil sister has that horrified look on her face like she’s just realizing what’s happening. Sorry no politics, just conjecture and satire 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oh how the hour grows dark. We may already be there😔

Top Bottom