Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I don’t think it made it across the road??🤣
you should have seen the bag of perlite i thought i finally found inexpensively online. I sent it back, i thought i was getting 3 cubic foor for 20 bucks. it was 3 qts. Then went and bought some damn sand. No pumpice anywhere near by that isnt the huge flower bed ground cover style either.

course sand works ok for the most part, its just super heavy even when the pots aren't wet because it takes a lot to make a difference, and if you transplant it helps the root ball fall apart on you. Its not porous like perlite or pumice, it's just highly permeable, roots wont grasp it worth a damn and it's hard for them to move it out of the way both.

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

FB IMG 1715307335407

Rama777

Rama777

you should have seen the bag of perlite i thought i finally found inexpensively online. I sent it back, i thought i was getting 3 cubic foor for 20 bucks. it was 3 qts. Then went and bought some damn sand. No pumpice anywhere near by that isnt the huge flower bed ground cover style either.

course sand works ok for the most part, its just super heavy even when the pots aren't wet because it takes a lot to make a difference, and if you transplant it helps the root ball fall apart on you. Its not porous like perlite or pumice, it's just highly permeable, roots wont grasp it worth a damn and it's hard for them to move it out of the way both.
Maybe rice hulls?

Top Bottom