Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I've got a smoker just like yours. Came with an electric heating element, burned (flamed) out 5 or more years ago but I've made so many brisket and tri-tips and pork shoulders, even chicken, whole and cut up I got my $15 out of it 10 yrs ago. Poor thing is rotting out but I'll still make it through this summer😉
View attachment 2169905
I found mine at a thrift store over winter new in box with manual and recipe book and everything. It's a coal smoker not electric though. $10. First real chance to use it, is my bday/mothers day same day. Perfect excuse to bust it out.

Ive had some apple wood seasoning out back, so i chainsawed it up and got it going in the coal chimney. Been gonig down there every 30 mins or so and throwing a handful of wet hickory chips on the coals. going astonishingly smoothly. Did have to add an extra half chimney of the applewood though, it burns hot and fast. Was a little too hot to begin with, had to make some adjustment.

The time draws near... Done at 6pm eastern. That extra heat to begin with over did the rub/skin a little bit, but it didnt dry out any meat, at all. itll be dank, and now i know better what im doing 🤤

Wont be using the foil next time either, was just for training wheels i didnt want to dry the bird out, glad i used it this time though lol. First time using a bullet smoker.

441973395 1113765406390755 3208324088508132450 n
Last edited:
P

Putthataway

I am in need of assistance still with the pro 69 controller on the humidifier. I have the target humidity set it just stays running constantly. I was just going to unplug the thing and let it run on its own thermostat without the controller. Unplugging it from the controller has the settings locked. I can no longer adjust it from the device. I don’t really care how if the thing is on the controller or on its own thing I want it to run and shut off at the target. I can’t find the instructions to unlock it from the controller. Right now I am stuck with the humidifier running constantly until is out of water.

IMG 1360
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

The chicken was a smash hit.

Its been a while since i smoke roasted anything. It genuinely shocked my brain how good it was, took me entirely by surprise.

It's magnificent really 🤤

Those wings and legs are gonna be wtf.... we're delaying gratification. Im gonna wearing that smoke out this summer lol. Already filling my phone with bullet smoker recipes.

441995849 481767080870160 8595644806876739325 n
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I found mine at a thrift store over winter new in box with manual and recipe book and everything. It's a coal smoker not electric though. $10. First real chance to use it, is my bday/mothers day same day. Perfect excuse to bust it out.

Ive had some apple wood seasoning out back, so i chainsawed it up and got it going in the coal chimney. Been gonig down there every 30 mins or so and throwing a handful of wet hickory chips on the coals. going astonishingly smoothly. Did have to add an extra half chimney of the applewood though, it burns hot and fast. Was a little too hot to begin with, had to make some adjustment.

The time draws near... Done at 6pm eastern. That extra heat to begin with over did the rub/skin a little bit, but it didnt dry out any meat, at all. itll be dank, and now i know better what im doing 🤤

Wont be using the foil next time either, was just for training wheels i didnt want to dry the bird out, glad i used it this time though lol. First time using a bullet smoker.
Same, $15 no box but the heating element worked for the first 5 years or so. Bought lava gravel for it. I don't have the temperature gages but I've smoked everything from cheese to meats through the years😉
Little beef and chicken
20200412 161857

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

My dog has a behavior I have only noticed in speed-addicts before. He steals my stuff, and then he helps me look for it.
My dog has never tried to sell me the same subwoofers more then once though. He usually takes no for an answer first time around.

Beyond that yea, nailed it.

Bilber

Bilber

I am in need of assistance still with the pro 69 controller on the humidifier. I have the target humidity set it just stays running constantly. I was just going to unplug the thing and let it run on its own thermostat without the controller. Unplugging it from the controller has the settings locked. I can no longer adjust it from the device. I don’t really care how if the thing is on the controller or on its own thing I want it to run and shut off at the target. I can’t find the instructions to unlock it from the controller. Right now I am stuck with the humidifier running constantly until is out of water.
Hence my skepticism with my aforementioned question......

Sorry Putt....I do not have an answer for you....but you are seriously making my debate logically sound.....these new gadgets are the cats meow! But......

Top Bottom