Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Putthataway

Putthataway

I feel ya, I think they are cheaping us. Some of my new packs seem to feel like a lot of space inside. I roll a lot and have a weakness for buying a variety so I have dozens of packs. Who knows with bootleg shit. My chick was bitching about a bottle of high dollar cream and the seal was unbroken but the cream was the cheapest unscented glop you can buy😁
Over on the bootleg fragrances, they have been tested to contain urine aka piss. They aren’t certain why but speculations are on P.H Keep that in mind the next time someone tries to sell you it.

Rama777

Rama777

I know it's toxic but you're right, they will eat around it. They'll eat your hosta to the ground but leave other plants. I put up 8' deer fence around my garden, it was the only way. After they figured out how to get that lifted and go under it I put a row of chicken wire round the bottom perimeter. I still see evidence of them rooting around trying to get through. It's a battle
I know it's toxic but you're right, they will eat around it. They'll eat your hosta to the ground but leave other plants. I put up 8' deer fence around my garden, it was the only way. After they figured out how to get that lifted and go under it I put a row of chicken wire round the bottom perimeter. I still see evidence of them rooting around trying to get through. It's a battle
I say harvest one. The rest of the herd will likely stay away after that.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
yes toxic and well away from, and outside our actual food garden : )

I planted a dogwood years ago and fenced and and shaded it for the first year. Took that all down once it establish and not 2 days into it being uncovered and fenced the deer were all the up in my yard eating on it!
I watch them nightly on my cameras moseying through without a care in the world lol!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
IMG 4388

TreeBee

TreeBee

I am considering ordering some auto seeds from the site here. Just wondering if anyone has anything to suggest or warn against beforehand. I saw some mixed packs that looked sort of fun.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

I say harvest one. The rest of the herd will likely stay away after that.
I had a squirrel overpopulation one year, it was nuts how many were around, you could count a dozen at any time. I took one out with a lucky long distance shot with a BB gun. I just left his rigid body lay on the base of that big oak for days and most of the other tree rats moved on. I guess the playground wasn't so fun with one of your dead homies laying there! 😆

Putthataway

Putthataway

I had a squirrel overpopulation one year, it was nuts how many were around, you could count a dozen at any time. I took one out with a lucky long distance shot with a BB gun. I just left his rigid body lay on the base of that big oak for days and most of the other tree rats moved on. I guess the playground wasn't so fun with one of your dead homies laying there! 😆
I do this to weeds, I don’t throw them in a bucket. I leave the carcass as a warning to future squatters.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

any idea if this also would repel deer? I just had to do the google, I've grown the vine on a fence and it was amazing. I never knew about the datura. I'm guessing it looks about 3' x 3'?
Heads up they are incredibly toxic if you have kids around. And idiots will try to get high on them and seriously mess their world up. Happens all the time. The experience of the "high" more closely resemble demonic possession descriptions or extended low level carbon monoxide exposure then any kind of "high".

Im not entirely sure why cats wont go near these plants. Most dogs dont like being close to them either.

Not sure how well deer can smell alkaloids within a plant from a distance but i assume thats whats up with dogs and cats. Worst case you have a beautiful little bush. And yea, although both called moonflowers, and both have white trumpet shaped flowers, and both are technically psychoactive plants, completely unrelated plants and chemistry actually lmfao.

The moonflower daturas seed where they sit and grow back the following season, just cull away the ones where you dont want them in the spring, and youll always have them wherever you put them.

I have a bunch of angel trumpet tree datura seeds too. Also keep animals with a keen sense of smell away. They dont really pull insect to them like the bush daturas do. Gotta pull these in come winter. Smell incredible. You can smell these and the moonflowers both from about 50 feet if the wind shifts you way. Just dont go shoving your nose deep in them, the pollen is toxic just like every part of the plant even the seeds. If you nap under large one's during a vigorous bloom, you can actually inhale enough of the pollen to poison yourself with atropine and skopalomine. They had a reputation for killing south american natives who didnt realize they were napping under full grown angel trumpet tree's in full bloom.

Imho, daturas are some of the most beautiful things that exist. Heavy feeders, but vigorous growers. These angel trumpet tree daturas are technically bonsai-able too.

In the rainsforest, where they are extinct (the only species of hawk moth that pollenates them went extinct, and the last wild tree datura died not long ago if i remember correctly) they would grow to enormous sizes. They are a full on 50-60ft tree in their natural habitat.

This plant needs as many cultivators as it can get. These are very powerful plants to stand before when thriving. They are the centerpiece no matter where you put them. Probably the easiest to clone plant ive ever cultivated too. A cutting will root in under a week and begin taking off immediately upon heavy feeding.
3350 3

P.s. do not ever even consider trying datura as a substance, you have been warned lmao.

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Good morning guys. I miss getting baked and chat here, but work is eating me up right now. Well, what can you do. Smoke a little and go to work I guess. And listen to some of the best while doing it.

See you guys 💪
Damn right brother! I sit here sober at work chattin it up with y’all most of the time, when I’m actually able to smoke all day I’m usually smokin while I’m workin on something so I never end up here 🤣

Sorry I had to 🤣

Love a good cracker joke, still waitng for one to actually offend me though🤣🤣

One day…. 😆

Top Bottom