Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Putthataway

Putthataway

I got a question for you all. I have seen this at least three times with different user names on this site where people who should be grown adults saying they can’t get to the grow store because they don’t have a car. How do you go through life in the states without a car? A dog food bag and bag with some bread is probably the most you can carry on public transportation. When buying groceries it’s a trunk full or bare minimum the seat and floor. Especially this hobby a vehicle is pretty much needed. You got to move the pots, whatever soil you purchased, shipping isn’t cheap on soil. My town doesn’t even have buses to get to these stores, I am talking a 65 mile round trip to get to the grow store, walking is no option. Even if it was, let’s say I lived where it’s available. My coworker would arrive late and stanking like he hadn’t bathed in months. I have had a car before I could get a license. I have seen people’s Uber bills exceed the cost of a car payment and insurance. What is going on with this? A hooptie is way cooler than a fucking bus pass.

Putthataway

Putthataway

IMG 1423

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I got a question for you all. I have seen this at least three times with different user names on this site where people who should be grown adults saying they can’t get to the grow store because they don’t have a car. How do you go through life in the states without a car? A dog food bag and bag with some bread is probably the most you can carry on public transportation. When buying groceries it’s a trunk full or bare minimum the seat and floor. Especially this hobby a vehicle is pretty much needed. You got to move the pots, whatever soil you purchased, shipping isn’t cheap on soil. My town doesn’t even have buses to get to these stores, I am talking a 65 mile round trip to get to the grow store, walking is no option. Even if it was, let’s say I lived where it’s available. My coworker would arrive late and stanking like he hadn’t bathed in months. I have had a car before I could get a license. I have seen people’s Uber bills exceed the cost of a car payment and insurance. What is going on with this? A hooptie is way cooler than a fucking bus pass.
Amazon ships soil for free and big city people don't have cars as much as country folk do. I honestly wish they were more strict on who could have cars, get a bunch of these god awful idiots on the road

Last edited:
cpurola

cpurola

Just read this article today, it's from last fall:

Illegal marijuana grow of any size only a misdemeanor in Michigan, court rules​

“We conclude that the (2018 law) was enacted to prevent situations like that which we are presented with here, in which the prosecution seeks a felony conviction for an unlicensed marijuana grow operation,” said the joint opinion issued by Court of Appeals judges Michelle M. Rick and Kirsten Frank Kelly. “We acknowledge this outcome may be viewed unjust by those businesses that legitimately operate within the parameters of the (law). The remedy, however, lies within the sole responsibility of the Legislature.”

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

“We conclude that the (2018 law) was enacted to prevent situations like that which we are presented with here, in which the prosecution seeks a felony conviction for an unlicensed marijuana grow operation,” said the joint opinion issued by Court of Appeals judges Michelle M. Rick and Kirsten Frank Kelly. “We acknowledge this outcome may be viewed unjust by those businesses that legitimately operate within the parameters of the (law). The remedy, however, lies within the sole responsibility of the Legislature.”

That sounds pretty reasonable, as long as it's not escalated to a federal crime based on some random statute

Leoman

Leoman

Finally got everything to attempt these larfy bears. One thing that concerns me is my oven temp for decarb. I got it preset to 235F and put a thermometer in it to check, and it fluctuates from 200-280 as the element kicks on and off. I may try the stovetop method unless this is normal for ovens.

PXL 20240521 1452396492

Got this electric grinder for edibles and it works really well. Ground 1/8th at a time but could most likely stuff a 1/4 of larf in there. Trying 7 grams per cup of oil.

PXL 20240521 144110218

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
TreeBee

TreeBee

something!

Finally got everything to attempt these larfy bears. One thing that concerns me is my oven temp for decarb. I got it preset to 235F and put a thermometer in it to check, and it fluctuates from 200-280 as the element kicks on and off. I may try the stovetop method unless this is normal for ovens.

View attachment 2175777

Got this electric grinder for edibles and it works really well. Ground 1/8th at a time but could most likely stuff a 1/4 of larf in there. Trying 7 grams per cup of oil.

View attachment 2175778

Exciting! I hope you have fun with your gummies I suggest small batches until you get the consistancy and flavor you want. Don't forget to try lots of samples lol 🥴

Leoman

Leoman

Exciting! I hope you have fun with your gummies I suggest small batches until you get the consistancy and flavor you want. Don't forget to try lots of samples lol 🥴
Yeah this will be a small batch. Went ahead and threw the weed in the oven in the mason jar and I'll see what happens. Then gonna infuse for 4 hours in a crock pot on low.

So many methods of doing this. I just hope it gets me high. According to a calculator if the weed is roughly 20% after decarb (conservatively) it should be about 10mg per gummy.

TreeBee

TreeBee

Every time it rains this daft fool goes about trying to find a safe space for his hunk of cutting board he likes to chew on. He hates the rain so I guess he assumes his favourite hunk of wood does too? He took about 20 minutes today and has just finished up as I am typing this. 🤦‍♀️
I am starting to think its my fault all my pets are mental 🤣

Last edited:
Leoman

Leoman

Leoman,

Those electric oven will fluctuate. Go in at a lower temperature, 150F. that should reduce the upper temperature during swings.

Z.
Thanks for the tip, I just turned it down for the last 25 minutes. I'm hoping being in a jar the swings don't affect it the weed too much. If it turns out bad I'll try something different next time.

Z

Zab

Every time it rains this daft fool goes about trying to find a safe space for his hunk of cutting board he likes to chew on. He hates the rain so I guess he assumes his favourite hunk of wood does too? Hes took about 20 minutes today and has just finished up as I am typing this. 🤦‍♀️
I am starting to think its my fault all my pets are mental 🤣
Too cool Tree, I never thought of taking a piece, or an older cutting board for my doogie, but alas he has gone to doggie heaven but something to ponder in the future. I am sure a dog would go nuts over it with all the odors, juices etc it has been subjected to.
IMG 20151219 182229 2

The Black Wirehaired Pointing Griffen, is the one that has past, but the Shiba Inu is still here.
PXL 20240512 162359851

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter

How many of those do you get before they just leave you alone? 🤪

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

View attachment 2175777

View attachment 2175778

Toaster oven is the way to go for decarb. I pay about $10-15 at second hand stores but always check them with a thermometer😉

Top Bottom