Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TreeBee

TreeBee

Well, ok, I don’t do it just because I want to drill holes in my plants. I wouldn’t continue to do it otherwise. And yeah it’s been around since the 70s. The Dutch have been doing it from jump st. You should try it sometime.
If I was still on the island and still had access to clones any time I might try a lot of experiments or if I had room. I feel like experimenting on seeds is flawed from the get go. Being that you do or have done this did you actually see results? The logic is flawed for my thinking. If I poke a hole in your straw you can't drink as much so how would it increase yield? I could see damaging a plant making it more potent. There is science in that but I feel like stalk damage isnt going to trigger the plants defence in the same way a critter eating at it would.

How long before harvest do you do it?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
If I was still on the island and still had access to clones any time I might try a lot of experiments or if I had room. I feel like experimenting on seeds is flawed from the get go. Being that you do or have done this did you actually see results? The logic is flawed for my thinking. If I poke a hole in your straw you can't drink as much so how would it increase yield? I could see damaging a plant making it more potent. There is science in that but I feel like stalk damage isnt going to trigger the plants defence in the same way a critter eating at it would.

How long before harvest do you do it?
2 weeks max
It actually drives uptake. Seems nuts, but plants are praying like they been fed the day after applying.
I have done a side by side and the split plant had heavier more dense colas and tighter larf. Most of the time. I only usually apply it when there is a plant that isn’t quite up to snuff.

TreeBee

TreeBee

2 weeks max
It actually drives uptake. Seems nuts, but plants are praying like they been fed the day after applying.
I have done a side by side and the split plant had heavier more dense colas and tighter larf. Most of the time. I only usually apply it when there is a plant that isn’t quite up to snuff.
I wonder if girdling like they do with fruit trees would be possible. Cannabis doesnt have bark really but I still can't help but wonder. Now I want clones to experiment on 🤣🤣 fuck I miss the island 😢

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Personally it doesn’t make any sense to me, leaves are the main driver of vigor and growth,
When I have to defol on a really leggy plant late in flower for instance, i usually end up with smaller colas on the on defolatied plants.
My philosophy had always been more leaves more buds. When i see folks who do and swear by it, i just haven’t seen the evidence.
Like stalk splitting to trigger a cannabis plants defense in late flower for trich and resin uptick really seems like what the application is like in this instance, so much defol it triggers the plants defense.

I’d rather stalk split personally.
IMO it's more for vegetative explosive growth where they need the fans the most. That being said I only remove leaves blocking sites and messing up the air flow. I leave all I can because like cap said they are autotrophs and still gotta eat✌️

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I wonder if girdling like they do with fruit trees would be possible. Cannabis doesnt have bark really but I still can't help but wonder. Now I want clones to experiment on 🤣🤣 fuck I miss the island 😢
You can have mine! They aren’t doing shit!! I was just getting ready to make a thread about them and some root booster shit I have : ) ill just throw it up here as it seems on track at the trainwreck (is that a hyperbole?) hahaha or a conundrum?🤷🏼‍♂️

POST FOR ROOT SHIT!: can I spray this stuff on my cuttings to make them root? Cuttings are growing but not rooting.
IMG 6377

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

You can have mine! They aren’t doing shit!! I was just getting ready to make a thread about them and some root booster shit I have : ) ill just throw it up here as it seems on track at the trainwreck (is that a hyperbole?) hahaha or a conundrum?🤷🏼‍♂️

POST FOR ROOT SHIT!: can I spray this stuff on my cuttings to make them root? Cuttings are growing but not rooting. View attachment 2177104
Turns your lights way down. If the light is too intense they use their energy reserve to push more growth at the top. Turn it down and they should push roots.

I've used plain water as well as clonex. The root hormones definitely get the roots out quicker.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Turns your lights way down. If the light is too intense they use their energy reserve to push more growth at the top. Turn it down and they should push roots.

I've used plain water as well as clonex. The root hormones definitely get the roots out quicker.
I have definitely under estimated my the homemade light situation! (Obviously I didnt make the lights) I just got so caught up in the LED hype of “real grow lights” I passed the ones I bought off as if they were just shit! they definitely do something! Hahaha! Thanks tumble!!

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I have definitely under estimated my the homemade light situation! (Obviously I didnt make the lights) I just got so caught up in the LED hype of “real grow lights” I passed the ones I bought off as if they were just shit! they definitely do something! Hahaha! Thanks tumble!!
There will be some more answers, I am sure! But in all of my clone research and experiments, they only have top growth before roots if the light is too strong/close for the clones.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
UPDATE: I removed one of the 42 watt full spectrum LED lights off of the cuttings and moved the remaining single 42 watt LED 28 inches from about the top of the humidome. Thats along with the other lights from the house and the natural sun light through windows and what not (nothing direct from the sun).

Thanks!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
There will be some more answers, I am sure! But in all of my clone research and experiments, they only have top growth before roots if the light is too strong/close for the clones.
oh yeah you bet there are others with different ways : ) I have only had one person tell another person on my threads that “dont do what they are saying its a horrible idea”, figured someone would chime in if it wasn’t correct : ) I trust you!!! : ) also it was the easiest thing I could do at this point without getting all crazy : ) thanks again tumble!

TreeBee

TreeBee

I have a cheap LED light off of the large warrior woman selling site (don't want to get the weird sellers tag thats been going around 😅) it does pretty good with my veggy starts but I could use another or larger one for a bigger space thats for sure. I played musical chairs with my starts so none got too much of a lean on lol

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I have a cheap LED light off of the large warrior woman selling site (don't want to get the weird sellers tag thats been going around 😅) it does pretty good with my veggy starts but I could use another or larger one for a bigger space thats for sure. I played musical chairs with my starts so none got too much of a lean on lol
I’ve read that with other users here having less powerful lights rotating them to the strong spots in the tent or room! Genius!!! I got that idea from here and was doing that when I had 30 freaking plants in my little shed vegging hahaha!!

Top Bottom