Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

It would make it easier but I've never had any issues with my 2nd hand toaster ovens and Crock Pot infusion method, otherwise I'd have bought one of these dohickies😉

And I am NOT an Amazon associate🤣
Lol, thats what i do. I keep a small crock pot around.

plant material + coconut oil/budder (prefer coco oil) overnight on High.

Through cheesecloth, into quart jar, and into the fridge.

One of my all time favorite morning recipes, is a teaspoon sativa coco oil, melted into a coffee with a dab of heavy cream stirred in. No sugar. Haven't done this since i was growing last though. Looking forward to those morning staiva coffees again :3 The heavy cream keeps the coco oil/budder from pooling on the surface of the coffee so bad.

You may be surprised to discover how wonderful this combination of flavor is. It's very legit, very satisfying.

We called this the "herbal speedball" hahahahaha.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Lol, thats what i do. I keep a small crock pot around.

plant material + coconut oil/budder (prefer coco oil) overnight on High.

Through cheesecloth, into quart jar, and into the fridge.

One of my all time favorite morning recipes, is a teaspoon sativa coco oil, melted into a coffee with a dab of heavy cream stirred in. No sugar. Haven't done this since i was growing last though. Looking forward to those morning staiva coffees again :3 The heavy cream keeps the coco oil/budder from pooling on the surface of the coffee so bad.

You may be surprised to discover how wonderful this combination of flavor is. It's very legit, very satisfying.

We called this the "herbal speedball" hahahahaha.
That morning coffee is still just as good as you remember it🥰
I usually take some camping just for coffee but I really only grow indica🤣 still LOVE ❤️ the taste.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

That morning coffee is still just as good as you remember it🥰
I usually take some camping just for coffee but I really only grow indica🤣 still LOVE ❤️ the taste.
yea lol, to be fair, im def a sativa leaning guy with most things. I didn't used to be, i used to always prefer indica, and im not even sure when the transition happened, i cant really put my finger on it. I just noticed one day that my tastes had changed, and im a sativa guy now. 🤷‍♂️

As a grower though, that's actually a little annoying hahahahaha. Some sativa's are so damn fussy and particular, but they are almost always worth getting to know enough to nail imho. The only real way to obtain those great sativa's reliably is to grow them yourself, and get to know them enough to nail. Buying "sativas" at the pot shops are so hit and miss ime. They want to sell you those super high test anxiety riddled sativas, not those 18-24% legends that put a shit eating grin on your face and actually treat anxiety.

A weird thing happened with sativas about 15-20 years ago. It's hard to explain, but it's 100% the reason im so keen on preserving certain sativa lineages as they are and only letting them reproduce with other sativas of a similar flame, and only in F1's, no inbreeding or backcrossing. Ill say it had something to do with unscrupulous breeders making crosses based on numbers on paper, rather then qualities the plant possesses in growth and the high. Id really like to keep those legendary 90s sativa lineages alive, the modern sativas give them an undeserved reputation.

Anyone who's had the lucky chance to smoke something like the original Jack Herer (i havent, but ive smoked crosses with it) , or 91-01 chem dawg (i have) or a modern sativa crossed with a sativa land race lineage knows exactly what im talking about.

Last edited:
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

yea lol, to be fair, im def a sativa leaning guy with most things. I didn't used to be, i used to always prefer indica, and im not even sure when the transition happened, i cant really put my finger on it. I just noticed one day that my tastes had changed, and im a sativa guy now. 🤷‍♂️

As a grower though, that's actually a little annoying hahahahaha. Some sativa's are so damn fussy and particular, but they are almost always worth getting to know enough to nail imho. The only real way to obtain those great sativa's reliably is to grow them yourself, and get to know them enough to nail. Buying "sativas" at the pot shops are so hit and miss ime. They want to sell you those super high test anxiety riddled sativas, not those 18-24% legends that put a shit eating grin on your face and actually treat anxiety.

A weird thing happened with sativas about 15-20 years ago. It's hard to explain, but it's 100% the reason im so keen on preserving certain sativa lineages as they are and only letting them reproduce with other sativas of a similar flame, and only in F1's, no inbreeding or backcrossing. Ill say it had something to do with unscrupulous breeders making crosses based on numbers on paper, rather then qualities the plant possesses in growth and the high. Id really like to keep those legendary 90s sativa lineages alive, the modern sativas give them an undeserved reputation.

Anyone who's had the lucky chance to smoke something like the original Jack Herer (i havent, but ive smoked crosses with it) , or 91-01 chem dawg (i have) or a modern sativa crossed with a sativa land race lineage knows exactly what im talking about.
Been a sativa guy for a while now too, just easier to stay focused at work in the morning after a mandatory joint on the ride in. I don’t dislike indicas, but have a hard time justifying smoking something that’s going to knock me out ten minutes after my first hit, unless I need the help getting to sleep. Also not trying to paint either type with a broad brush stroke, a good hybrid or non couch lock variety is always better than nothing.

cpurola

cpurola

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
If you're an idiot I am too, 'cause I planted 3 of mine in the valuable 12 plots out back thinking they were girls, but NOOOoooo.
Had to rip them out.
Oh no! I use that word so lightly haha. It’s more like “momentary laps of smart part of the brain”. A “brain farc“ if you will lol.

I’ve done all the reading on how males “can show different build characteristics than females”. I watched my plants really close and some of them of males that showed early “looked male” build wise and this Raskals looked just like , her sister?😂 SIKE!

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

It’s done 😔
i hate the feeling of killing any plant. i often stop and apologize to the yard plants and insects while im mowing lmao.

And hate to have read back and decided to say this now if it would have changed anything ya did... but.

To any outdoor growers who start their plants under lights. You can actually bring a male back inside, even if you dig it up, not a big deal. Put it under that light at 12/12 and dont even worry too much about light leaks or light intensity, doesnt matter if the plant gets all lanky.

You can harvest pollen from the very first full flowers to open onto a piece of parchment paper before your outdoor girlies are even going into flower. No fans. Misting surfaces with water will immediately ruin any stray pollen. Let this pollen dry fully. then fold the paper a few times around it nice and flat, wrap that as flat as possible in aluminum foil, wrap that in some plastic wrap, then drop it in a zi lock bag. Put it in the freezer and itll keep for years. If you ever have any particularly attractive male plants it's worth doing imho.

You can pollenate branches down low on outdoor plants with a paintbrush right off this parchment paper any time in the next few years. It'll be plenty enough to get a handful of seeds. But not enough to cause much havoc if you mess up or some wind comes through. Youll just have a very viable seed or two here and there on your plants.

Ive even done the single flower trick spread into an active 5x5 tent. Just tapped it off the paper into the fan air intake at about 4-5 weeks flower depending on the strain.. it's just a tiny pinch of dust basically. Got seeds... not enough to bother me, but more then enough to be useful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom