Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Been a sativa guy for a while now too, just easier to stay focused at work in the morning after a mandatory joint on the ride in. I don’t dislike indicas, but have a hard time justifying smoking something that’s going to knock me out ten minutes after my first hit, unless I need the help getting to sleep. Also not trying to paint either type with a broad brush stroke, a good hybrid or non couch lock variety is always better than nothing.
yea lol, to be fair, im def a sativa leaning guy with most things. I didn't used to be, i used to always prefer indica, and im not even sure when the transition happened, i cant really put my finger on it. I just noticed one day that my tastes had changed, and im a sativa guy now. 🤷‍♂️

As a grower though, that's actually a little annoying hahahahaha. Some sativa's are so damn fussy and particular, but they are almost always worth getting to know enough to nail imho. The only real way to obtain those great sativa's reliably is to grow them yourself, and get to know them enough to nail. Buying "sativas" at the pot shops are so hit and miss ime. They want to sell you those super high test anxiety riddled sativas, not those 18-24% legends that put a shit eating grin on your face and actually treat anxiety.

A weird thing happened with sativas about 15-20 years ago. It's hard to explain, but it's 100% the reason im so keen on preserving certain sativa lineages as they are and only letting them reproduce with other sativas of a similar flame, and only in F1's, no inbreeding or backcrossing. Ill say it had something to do with unscrupulous breeders making crosses based on numbers on paper, rather then qualities the plant possesses in growth and the high. Id really like to keep those legendary 90s sativa lineages alive, the modern sativas give them an undeserved reputation.

Anyone who's had the lucky chance to smoke something like the original Jack Herer (i havent, but ive smoked crosses with it) , or 91-01 chem dawg (i have) or a modern sativa crossed with a sativa land race lineage knows exactly what im talking about.

Hell yeah, and same here. If anyone can find a haze that tastes/smells like the early 2000's/late 90's hit me up. Definitely worth going through and re-working some strains that commercial growers bred with harvest weight, rather than flavor profile and effects, in mind.

A little mix I have been really loving lately is a joint with half Blue Dream half Strawberry Krux OG. The Strawberry Krux has a really good level of pain relief, but not a comatose type.. Just a fuzz your achy joints, euphoric kinda high. The Blue Dream is a long time favorite for the flavor and uplifting effects. They really compound each other rather than canceling out.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Yellowstone needs to hire camera crews and catch all the action and then make a game show out of it with prizes like health care, couple day stay at the hospital and final expenses. I'd watch that shit😉
FB IMG 1716539987223

GO BUFFALOS!🤣🤣🤣

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Hell yeah, and same here. If anyone can find a haze that tastes/smells like the early 2000's/late 90's hit me up. Definitely worth going through and re-working some strains that commercial growers bred with harvest weight, rather than flavor profile and effects, in mind.

A little mix I have been really loving lately is a joint with half Blue Dream half Strawberry Krux OG. The Strawberry Krux has a really good level of pain relief, but not a comatose type.. Just a fuzz your achy joints, euphoric kinda high. The Blue Dream is a long time favorite for the flavor and uplifting effects. They really compound each other rather than canceling out.
That sounds like a good mix. I tried Blue Dream several times from dispensaries and no Blueberry smell or taste. The high was okay but I never understood its popularity. Then I get hooked up with Blueberry Hash Plant seeds and find out what all the hoopla was about. Now that's a real nice cross that I smoke a lot of these days but that Hash Plant brings it. I like that like a lot😉

Got 7 cuts of BBHP doing their best to root and start growing in this cooler 64F weather. It's 12:20 and still overcast, no sun until about 4. I just looked and all weekend it'll be just like this until noonish Sunday🤬

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

That sounds like a good mix. I tried Blue Dream several times from dispensaries and no Blueberry smell or taste. The high was okay but I never understood its popularity. Then I get hooked up with Blueberry Hash Plant seeds and find out what all the hoopla was about. Now that's a real nice cross that I smoke a lot of these days but that Hash Plant brings it. I like that like a lot😉

Got 7 cuts of BBHP doing their best to root and start growing in this cooler 64F weather. It's 12:20 and still overcast, no sun until about 4. I just looked and all weekend it'll be just like this until noonish Sunday🤬
That's definitely going on my grow list! I've seen a few of those I've smoked some hashplant. A kinda peppery pheno, but definitely a heavy hitter. A mix with Blueberry would be incredible.

Shitty about the weather, but I'm sure your plants aren't too upset! Especially without the roots, they probably want it to be a bit darker anyway. I like the low and slow approach. Everything grows faster in the heat... even the bad stuff we don't want (mites, fungus, mold, etc.)

TreeBee

TreeBee

Shit weather here too. June-uary came early. Usually get a week of shit weather first or second week of June.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Any Michigan farmers going to join the Gems and Genetics Cup? I bet some folks here could take home gold.

Also, after I just mentioned haze... there is a PiffCon in NY on the 2nd of June. A damn Haze competition!? I'm going to see if I can get tickets.

leroygreen

leroygreen

I don't remember the guys name but he was a old school grower in California. He grew on his property for decades. Always had a finger for the law. Not just a finger for law as in cops, but also understanding it. So when he was facing the largest case against him his defense was absolutely genius. In the law books cannabis was only written as cannabis sativa. So knowing he was growing indica he used the defense of "you busted me for growing cannabis sativa and I'm only growing cannabis indica" therefore the case was done. He beat the system at their game
Marvelous! A true warrior and champion of the underground cannabis movement.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I’ve currently got a little stash of Blueberry, a little raspberry hashplant, NL5xG13xHashplant, and some Blue Dream. I think I’ve mentioned before that the blue dream is a dead ringer for a box of fruity pebbles cereal. That’s the only one ☝🏽 above that I grew. The other stuff was from various dispensaries. Blue dream was white label NASC seed stock, grown organically. I don’t know if there’s a correlation between organic vs synthetic nutrients and flavor, not trying to open that can of worms 🤣🤣, but I did watch a video where DJ Short, the creator of Blueberry states that his original genetics were grown organically and not in the best of conditions and he attributed the blueberry taste and smell to the natural environment it was created in. He said that other blueberry strains grown with synthetic nutrients and all the bells and whistles that commercial growers have at their disposal are almost always lacking in the flavor department. It’s an interesting theory to say the least. This might shed a little light on why the true Blueberry is so hard to find. I’ll attach the video for anyone who is interested.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

275 in seeds and not even a sticker. Glad I have them but I want a sticker. 😂
well, you did order direct from "big canna-seed" 🤣 but not to knock the products. At all. Not one bit.

Greenhouse used to be a lot cooler on an individual order basis many years ago, i would imagine they just have too many orders and too many faceless employees these days to be able to be super personable on an individual order basis sadly.

They do indeed have some of the most pristine sativa lineages available. At least they did a decade ago lol.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Youd prob be a fan of my peaceblaster gene pool/lineage/race. It'll be fall before i have more of that lineage. Got 3 outdoors, and 1 about 5 days old. Has blue dream, gg4, columbian landrace lineage and then some. After this fall will be looking at bringing maybe some original jack herer x original big bud into it and seeing how that turns out. It's been sativa dominant F1 for several generations now. Not picked for yield or potency (even though none have been slouches at all) each generation has been picked for the way the plant wants to grow, along side how happy the high is. That simple lmao. Picked a main seed mother to make a new F1 each generation once i had a sativa dominant lineage i wanted to bring into it. Kept it F1 so anyone shared with can hunt for whatever definition whatever grower has of "that perfect sativa"

Right now the peaceblaster gene pool's dominant character is very "oldschool skunk" if i had to make a label. It's a stoney but uplifting and smiley/happy thing from most of them. Oldschool earthy/savory/eucalyptusy/tastes like medicine, in a good way profiles. First time smokers reported psychedlic, acid-like effects from the seed-mother, but never any anxiety.

I'd really like to get ahold of the thai land race to pull into it, but if not, some hazes will eventually have to suffice lmao.

Anyhoo, im trying to make an entire race/gene pool of sativa dominant, happy plants. Im not trying to recreate anything specific, but have Been very successful so far. I thought i lost the lineage, but turns out its one of my only lineages i didnt lose.

I have tracked down someone i gave a bunch of the peaceblaster F1 seeds i had given away though, and should be working out a trade soon to get some back lmao.

Last edited:
leroygreen

leroygreen

well, you did order direct from "big canna-seed" 🤣 but not to knock the products. At all. Not one bit.

Greenhouse used to be a lot cooler on an individual order basis many years ago, i would imagine they just have too many orders and too many faceless employees these days to be able to be super personable on an individual order basis sadly.

They do indeed have some of the most pristine sativa lineages available. At least they did a decade ago lol.
It wasn't meant as dig at green house. I love their items. It was more a dig about how many people will only purchase from certain shops for the freebies. For real though I want a sticker 😂

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

It wasn't meant as dig at green house. I love their items. It was more a dig about how many people will only purchase from certain shops for the freebies. For real though I want a sticker 😂
i see both sides of that one.

A single 3 foot tall cannabis plant can make 10,000 seeds.
it is kinda nuts how expensive these seeds can get.

Greenhouse is about as reliable as it gets in terms of lineage integrity though.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I don't remember the guys name but he was a old school grower in California. He grew on his property for decades. Always had a finger for the law. Not just a finger for law as in cops, but also understanding it. So when he was facing the largest case against him his defense was absolutely genius. In the law books cannabis was only written as cannabis sativa. So knowing he was growing indica he used the defense of "you busted me for growing cannabis sativa and I'm only growing cannabis indica" therefore the case was done. He beat the system at their game
Marvelous! A true warrior and champion of the underground cannabis movement.
Does it get any better than this? Oh I think not. This is
FfniocpaAAAszYM

I wanna go make another account so I can LOVE IT again!🥰😍❣️

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Greenhouse is about as reliable as it gets in terms of lineage integrity

Greenhouse is about

I’ve currently got a little stash of Blueberry, a little raspberry hashplant, NL5xG13xHashplant, and some Blue Dream. I think I’ve mentioned before that the blue dream is a dead ringer for a box of fruity pebbles cereal. That’s the only one ☝🏽 above that I grew. The other stuff was from various dispensaries. Blue dream was white label NASC seed stock, grown organically. I don’t know if there’s a correlation between organic vs synthetic nutrients and flavor, not trying to open that can of worms 🤣🤣, but I did watch a video where DJ Short, the creator of Blueberry states that his original genetics were grown organically and not in the best of conditions and he attributed the blueberry taste and smell to the natural environment it was created in. He said that other blueberry strains grown with synthetic nutrients and all the bells and whistles that commercial growers have at their disposal are almost always lacking in the flavor department. It’s an interesting theory to say the least. This might shed a little light on why the true Blueberry is so hard to find. I’ll attach the video for anyone who is interested.
B.I.N.G.O. At least to create but I'm over here in coco coir with MasterBlend nutes and that Blueberry knocks it outta the park. GDP grapes and berries same thing. Who knows what I was getting. At least they have to test for pesticides and THCA content. I'll give 'em that but most of these growers are all about the Benjamin's baby😉

Latest posts

Top Bottom