Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Hey, so question for you guys. If you order something online how long after they take your money do you expect the product to ship? Oh and the only shipping option was 20$ express shipping.
Depends on where you ordered from. Sometimes amazon prime will have same day or next day delivery. But Ive ordered shit thats taken weeks. Some clone sales or live animal sales usually overnight shipping. It all just depends, very vague question..

TreeBee

TreeBee

Depends on where you ordered from. Sometimes amazon prime will have same day or next day delivery. But Ive ordered shit thats taken weeks. Some clone sales or live animal sales usually overnight shipping. It all just depends, very vague question..
I don't mean the time the product spends in transit I mean how long it takes the product to enter the mail system at all. From purchase to the moment the product enters the mails custody.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I don't mean the time the product spends in transit I mean how long it takes the product to enter the mail system at all. From purchase to the moment the product enters the mails custody.
I gotcha. But that also depends on the vendor. During business days/hours if the order is placed early enough a lot of times it'll ship the same day or the next. But it really depends on the vendor..

TreeBee

TreeBee

I gotcha. But that also depends on the vendor. During business days/hours if the order is placed early enough a lot of times it'll ship the same day or the next. But it really depends on the vendor..
I know this. My question is what is your idea of a reasonable amount of time before this happens? 2 days?

Like you order a pencil online and the only option for shipping was 20$ express shipping and 10 days later the product hasn't even been put into the mail are you pissed?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My wife and I ha e both been fishing since we can remember. Our last trip to Bishop we camped just above of the East Fork of Bishop Creek
View attachment 2178571View attachment 2178572View attachment 2178573
And we fished the Owens River
View attachment 2178574
Each caught a small bass
View attachment 2178577
View attachment 2178578
Planned on 10 days but due to rain on day 9 left a day early. We had been snowed on a couple days but that rain was no fun.
got this biggie last night,..let him go
IMG 2514

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I know this. My question is what is your idea of a reasonable amount of time before this happens? 2 days?

Like you order a pencil online and the only option for shipping was 20$ express shipping and 10 days later the product hasn't even been put into the mail are you pissed?
Yep I'm an impatient person, so yeah. Did you get tracking info? If it isnt even in the mail yet I'd be freaking out lol..

I ordered clones about 10 days ago and have ordered from this vendor before, always next day delivery. He messaged me that there are some delays, and is throwing in some freebies for my patience.. well I dont have patience, Im a grumpy old fuck and about to lose my shit!!!

TreeBee

TreeBee

Yep I'm an impatient person, so yeah. Did you get tracking info? If it isnt even in the mail yet I'd be freaking out lol..

I ordered clones about 10 days ago and have ordered from this vendor before, always next day delivery. He messaged me that there are some delays, and is throwing in some freebies for my patience.. well I dont have patience, Im a grumpy old fuck and about to lose my shit!!!
Okay you sound like me. Mail makes me cray cray level impatient so I wanted some other opinions. I am not so much worried about the shipping aspect. The fact that when they take my money and add on 20$ express shipping as the only available option and then take over a week to even bother shipping it, I think thats a wee bit of shite. I just didn't know if I was being a bit crazy.

The contact reaching out to say hey theres snags on this end but we are working on it would be enough for me to chill right out but there was none of that.
I contacted them after 4 days and waited another 3 for a very generic we apologize for delays But its coming Email. Then I got the old "how did we do" survey email and waited another 3 days of no shipping before I went and filled that out this morning and a few hours later I got the shipping notice.
somehow I manage to feel like a jerk from all this....this is why I am a hermit. I don't people so good.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Okay you sound like me. Mail makes me cray cray level impatient so I wanted some other opinions. I am not so much worried about the shipping aspect. The fact that when they take my money and add on 20$ express shipping as the only available option and then take over a week to even bother shipping it, I think thats a wee bit of shite. I just didn't know if I was being a bit crazy.

The contact reaching out to say hey theres snags on this end but we are working on it would be enough for me to chill right out but there was none of that.
I contacted them after 4 days and waited another 3 for a very generic we apologize for delays But its coming Email. Then I got the old "how did we do" survey email and waited another 3 days of no shipping before I went and filled that out this morning and a few hours later I got the shipping notice.
somehow I manage to feel like a jerk from all this....this is why I am a hermit. I don't people so good.
Not a jerk at all, you got more patience then me. The survey email alone would have pushed me over the edge 🤣

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

Well it

i tried fly fishing once. Very graceful. I wasnt, but you probably are. i dont have the patience for it
I gave it up and swore it off a few times before I eventually got “hooked” completely. The mechanics of casting are a bit of a hurdle to overcome, but after that it can easily go a leisurely occasional activity to a full blown obsession that mimics drug addiction 🤣 I choose the latter. Eventually I found a middle ground between the two, but I miss the days where I’d take a week off and live out of my car or tent and fish like a maniac.
IMG 1493

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I gave it up and swore it off a few times before I eventually got “hooked” completely. The mechanics of casting are a bit of a hurdle to overcome, but after that it can easily go a leisurely occasional activity to a full blown obsession that mimics drug addiction 🤣 I choose the latter. Eventually I found a middle ground between the two, but I miss the days where I’d take a week off and live out of my car or tent and fish like a maniac

I just keep my gear in the back of my truck.. 😅

Top Bottom