Tissue Culture

• Thread starter Marks370z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marks370z

Marks370z

I am pretty familiar with tissue culture cloning in regards to magnoliophyta, or flowering plantae, OTHER than cannabis. Are there any breeders here experimenting, or already implementing, this method?

Is it practical to attempt at home, given that I do have access to lab equipment at my disposal?

Any thoughts? Chime in. Let me know if it is out of the realm of possibility.

Or if I should post this somewhere else. Haha.

shawnskush

shawnskush

If you have access to the equipment and the ability to use it tissue culture cloning is supposed to be the bees knees with cannabis waaaay outside my comfort zone tho thats fo sho!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
i think you'll need a laminar flow hood and some sterilization equip.
Haven't heard of anyone doing it with any type of reproducible success.
But I dont know of too many people with the experience either.
You should try it out and do a thread!!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
^^^^thats badass^^^^^^
I wanna go!
After taking the class do you think it's practical for cannabis?

Marks370z

Marks370z

Thanks for the info farmers.

Very informative post Herb. Thank you for that.

I am currently looking into a laminar workstation. Those fucking things are expensive. I might have to check out the biochem lab. There should be a few in there for me to mess with. Haha

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

It's definitely practical, but success depends on the sterile environment and your diligence. I think Joe saved a bunch of money building building his own hood. For kitchen use we employed a clear tote box and voluminous clouds of 99% iso (lower success rate, but minimal equipment investment).

Looks like their next TC class is in late October, but Joe's contact info is in that blog post, and he answers questions in the comments. Graywolf might also have more to share on the subject, I'll PM him.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/skunk-pharm-research-classes/

Graywolf

Graywolf

Joe built his using one of the 5 heppa filters Growgeek scored for us as surplus NOS at around $100 each. As you may know, they are a gift at that price and cost several times that, making laminar flow hoods expensive to buy or build.

You can cruise E-Bay like Growgeek did, and bid for them in lots. He got lucky, so you can too.

As I recall, there are also a couple left that a student could no doubt talk us out of at our cost, as well as see pictures of how Joe built his.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

I've got a buddy who has ordered one of those at home kits and had success. Didn't ask how much but it's def possible.

I hear it brings the original vigor out in the plant and kinda "resets" it too. I'll see if I can dig him for more info

Graywolf

Graywolf

Alas, I checked and we have only our spare heppa filter left, but Growgeek has four of them left, which he will let go at his cost of $100 each. If that interest you, contact me by PM and I will give you contact information.

Latest posts

Top Bottom