Tissue Culture

• Thread starter WynterRye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WynterRye

WynterRye

Is anyone doing Tissue culture, or is seed and cloning the only production.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Not worth the hassle unless your doing thousands of plants and even then mothers are easy to grow and clone.

L

larebowm

depending on state laws tc can be beneficial some states dont consider it a plant until its rooted..
tc allows you to make 1000 plantlets and still stay in legal parameters as long as you dont root it.
its also a way to keep genetics for later tinkering.this way you dont need multiple mother plants.
down side it can take 3 weeks to a month for your rooted plantlet to become strong enough to plant in your grow media.
another option is air layering its considerd a single donor plant until clones are cut loose.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

mostly aids breeders to have large stock u can bring back at any time with out the degradation of cloning or space of keeping growing and cloning mothers

curious to see what else it can bring to the scene.

iCultivate

iCultivate

mostly aids breeders to have large stock u can bring back at any time with out the degradation of cloning or space of keeping growing and cloning mothers

curious to see what else it can bring to the scene.

Can you store the cultures indefinitely? Wouldn't they keep growing inside the jars or can you somehow make them go dormant?

-- iCultivate --

iCultivate

iCultivate

Geez, that would be a great way to keep an extensive clone bank without constant maintenance. Do they need to be kept under lights?

-- iCultivate --

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Can you store the cultures indefinitely? Wouldn't they keep growing inside the jars or can you somehow make them go dormant?

-- iCultivate --
not sure what part of the process but u don't have to grow them immediately and u can save them in maybe a freezer or fridge for a while, then propogate when u wanted. sure u could try a search tho.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Geez, that would be a great way to keep an extensive clone bank without constant maintenance. Do they need to be kept under lights?

-- iCultivate --
takes awhile for them to grow from the dishes. clone bank (nursery style)may not be practical cause the ease and speed of classic cloning. the value is more in being able to store high number of genetics efficiently. and being able to bring them back by the hundreds quite easy. I think it takes several months to have a cutting size plant. don't quote me tho. check that thread never break posted.

thump easy

thump easy

Tissue roots 009
in my experience it takes to long.. second you need like a compound pharmacy facility let me warn any spelling police that i cant spell worth a fuck but i can grow like a mother fucker.. with that sead let me give you my experience..

thump easy

thump easy

Tissue roots 012
even with a steril envirement and a hepa filter running that takes 97.9 percent of all bullshit in the air it still breaths and that small chance is more than likely to happen over three months of wait most all your shit will get infected i been doing research to land me a compound room just for this very same shit i been talking to the old owner of fog ponics he claims he's got genetics that been on the selfs for several years i myself would love to keep a few for breeding purposes but i guess the seed thing is just as good just cracking the seeds and making shure you got enough i guess.. but the other challenge is pulling them out and getting them aquanted to the air they fry up when exposed and you'll lose another hand full so with this sead you'll loose many if you dont have a controled invirement... but if you pull it off they do have vigor but im not gona wait five freeken months lolz they do grow and push out flower like a fresh female... its true but the wait sux and the loss is disapointing thats just my take on it... im not a pro so hope that helps gee..

N

nightmarecreature

The problem is, that is not tissue culturing, more like sticking clones in a growing media. In tissue culturing, a tiny piece of tissue is used and it forms a callus. This callus forms a new plant. You are right, it takes a long time. The finished clones even need to acclimate. Sticking clones in agar is not tissue culturing, it's just cloning. The more tissue you use the more likely it is going to contaminate. I have 10+ years experience with this. Without a laminar flow hood, you're going to have a very tough time keeping anything sterile. I have all the equipment and supplies to do more tissue cultures, however my laminar flow hood is past it's service life and it needs changed out, about $150 filter.

thump easy

thump easy

i got the okay to open a clone place city approved im gona get the place set up with hella hepa filters and gona do the tissue culture im gona try to build an invoriment for it and clones supper dupper high tech, well it s in the works but you better believe im gona be using it for tissue cultures and breeding :)

thump easy

thump easy

nightmarecreature i seen you trien to hunt down genetics at the clinics whats up gee hahahaha your hunting arent you lolz!!! did you ever get the pink lemonade???? she is so good isnt she im shure you already did i fucked up and let it get away.. lolz

N

nightmarecreature

I picked up around 100 or so different cuts. I ran about 60 of them. No, I'm done hunting. I finished my goal and I'm happy with the cuts I have now. I never did get the Pink Lemonade, I settled with the bay area Jolly Rancher.

thump easy

thump easy

well if your up in the high desert your not far from the one of the owners of pogenetics.com but then again its been a few years, you aint to far from me im by the windmills hit me up ill give it to you.

N

nightmarecreature

Hell yeah, Thanks. I wonder how it compares to the Pink Cloud cut? Both are suppose to taste like lemonaid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom