TMV ?????

• Thread starter SleepyBTokin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It kinda works like gorilla growing when you plant your plants near a natural water source they suck the water upwards to the roots
The plant's root's will only be getting water from the bottom of the pots. Wicking works to some degree, but it won't pull the liquid up more than maybe halfway. If you stick your finger into the soil, does it get wet? I would recommend watering from the top, at least occasionally. They probably get enough water from the bottom of the container, but if you are planning on upsizing, I think you will need to start from the top down, at least enough to keep the soil damp/moist below the surface. At least that is my take on it. I grow in Promix and sometimes allow plants to wick up water, but the majority of the soil gets unused, with most of the work being done in the bottom half of the container. If you filled the container up (externally, like in a tub) and the water came in from the bottom but the water level in the tub was high, that would be fine because water seeks it's own level. The capillary effect that is responsible for the wicking isn't strong enough with garden soil and will only draw it up marginally.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ocean forest isnt lite enough to suck from bottom up to the top,i suggest as all have top feed,if your gonna wick do so but once a week go to the top,if your soil is pulling away from edges of your pot your killing your roots,the sun will dry them sap sucker right out,then when you do top feed all will go right down the sides and out the bottom only watering about 1inch into the side soil leaving all in middle dry,best thing to do is take a measurement go ahead and top feed to were the plant is good and feed,time how long this takes to get runoff,instead of feeding every couple days or how ever,give them a little shot each morning to deal with triple digits,im in same conditions with heat,7 months of the year,at about 90 deg the plant shuts down and defend mode kicks in ,stressing it,i finished last year breed and medicine by putting a simple shade cloth over the plant between 2 and 5 pm,back to feed,once you know the bucket is wet,just give it about a cup or two each day,i found my best time was at that 2to 5 area,cools off the bucket and the heat sucks the moisture off the sides of buckets pretty quick at a 108 degrees,dont keep it wet but moist,what you have is roots drowning on ya,one thing for sure and best bet right off is know what your working with ,you answered the ph question as no clue,what,do a slurry on the soil feed from top shade that bitch in heat of day keep soil moist and mulch the top to keep it from drying out and i bet things would turn around for you,the wicking system is really for folks that gonna be away for a few days not long term,i tried this with self watering buckets few years back,bucket in a bucket with net pot in bottom,worked great in veg,why cause im not using any nutrients,flower time fork you it said ,the nutes break down quick and ph swing goes hay wire,hope that help a bit

SleepyBTokin

SleepyBTokin

the reason it doesn't work is because you're comparing apples and oranges; Outdoors you've got the whole earth, indoors you've got a very finite pot space and you're not eliminating salts, which continue to build up, also correct your pH for best results, good luck
I grow outdoors

SleepyBTokin

SleepyBTokin

The plant's root's will only be getting water from the bottom of the pots. Wicking works to some degree, but it won't pull the liquid up more than maybe halfway. If you stick your finger into the soil, does it get wet? I would recommend watering from the top, at least occasionally. They probably get enough water from the bottom of the container, but if you are planning on upsizing, I think you will need to start from the top down, at least enough to keep the soil damp/moist below the surface. At least that is my take on it. I grow in Promix and sometimes allow plants to wick up water, but the majority of the soil gets unused, with most of the work being done in the bottom half of the container. If you filled the container up (externally, like in a tub) and the water came in from the bottom but the water level in the tub was high, that would be fine because water seeks it's own level. The capillary effect that is responsible for the wicking isn't strong enough with garden soil and will only draw it up marginally.
No yes when I put my finger in the soil it’s nice and moist all the way to the top

SleepyBTokin

SleepyBTokin

ocean forest isnt lite enough to suck from bottom up to the top,i suggest as all have top feed,if your gonna wick do so but once a week go to the top,if your soil is pulling away from edges of your pot your killing your roots,the sun will dry them sap sucker right out,then when you do top feed all will go right down the sides and out the bottom only watering about 1inch into the side soil leaving all in middle dry,best thing to do is take a measurement go ahead and top feed to were the plant is good and feed,time how long this takes to get runoff,instead of feeding every couple days or how ever,give them a little shot each morning to deal with triple digits,im in same conditions with heat,7 months of the year,at about 90 deg the plant shuts down and defend mode kicks in ,stressing it,i finished last year breed and medicine by putting a simple shade cloth over the plant between 2 and 5 pm,back to feed,once you know the bucket is wet,just give it about a cup or two each day,i found my best time was at that 2to 5 area,cools off the bucket and the heat sucks the moisture off the sides of buckets pretty quick at a 108 degrees,dont keep it wet but moist,what you have is roots drowning on ya,one thing for sure and best bet right off is know what your working with ,you answered the ph question as no clue,what,do a slurry on the soil feed from top shade that bitch in heat of day keep soil moist and mulch the top to keep it from drying out and i bet things would turn around for you,the wicking system is really for folks that gonna be away for a few days not long term,i tried this with self watering buckets few years back,bucket in a bucket with net pot in bottom,worked great in veg,why cause im not using any nutrients,flower time fork you it said ,the nutes break down quick and ph swing goes hay wire,hope that help a bit
Okay man will do thanks for the help I will definitely start that tomorrow

SleepyBTokin

SleepyBTokin

i mainly post on my grow diary , thank you guys for all the information every little bit will help , i usually ask for help on my grow diary but it takes a while to get responses , thanks again for all the helpful info , I will definitely try everything you guys recommended, espiclsly goving then a cup of water everyday since here in Vegas it’s always 105 or 110

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i mainly post on my grow diary , thank you guys for all the information every little bit will help , i usually ask for help on my grow diary but it takes a while to get responses , thanks again for all the helpful info , I will definitely try everything you guys recommended, espiclsly goving then a cup of water everyday since here in Vegas it’s always 105 or 110
you dont want to drench them,just enough to make the plant work but not dry completley out each day,moisture level around 45 to 55 % and that girl will go

Latest posts

Top Bottom