• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Hells yeah!

As far as hip hop Im a big fan of sage francis ever hear of him?
Im also into people under the stairs, grouch & eli, awol one, josh martinez, old wu tang, deltron, pretty much the whole shapeshifters crew, gravediggaz, i like SOME stuff by techn9ne i heard recently... Some song he did with kendrick lamar, shit was hard.
Not a Techn9ne fan but heavily into everything else you mentioned. Plus Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Vast Aire, RA the Rugged Man, Gang Starr, BDP/KRS-ONE, Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, EdoG, Gift of Gab, Diverse, Aceyalone, ATU, Visionaries.... And of course MF DOOM. I could go on for days. Underground hip hop was a savior for sure!

I can't stand listening to the rap bullshit they play on TV/radio. Commercial rap is a dangerous tool IMO. Although, I'll be damned if Pimp a Butterfly isn't the best commercial hip hop album in more than a decade. It's been getting constant play since I first heard it. His other albums didn't have much to say IMO, but this one really speaks some truths.

The two worst in hip hop right now- riff raff and stitches. And anything classified as trap music.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Bot a Techn9ne fan but heavily into everything else you mentioned. Plus Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Vast Aire, RA the Rugged Man, Gang Starr, BDP/KRS-ONE, Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, EdoG, Gift of Gab, Diverse, Aceyalone, ATU, Visionaries.... And of course MF DOOM. I could go on for days. Underground hip hop was a savior for sure!

I can't stand listening to the rap bullshit they play on TV/radio. Commercial rap is a dangerous tool IMO. Although, I'll be damned if Pimp a Butterfly isn't the best commercial hip hop album in more than a decade. It's been getting constant play since I first heard it. His other albums didn't have much to say IMO, but this one really seals some truths.

The two worst in hip hop right now- riff raff and stitches. And anything classified as trap music.
Dam bro we r from the same era for sure. You said Ed og god dam! Lol. I've met him like twenty times. He's from Boston!

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I have heard of Sage F. I Like tech9 myself. I like Redmans new album and jadakiss new album is dope as fuck. Been listening to "ghetto children " which is Soulja Slims Godson , BG's son, and young Juve ,juveniles son local street. Yelawolf just played Voodoo fest hes dope. Man i love all types of music being where i live. We're musical people.
Oh dude i know it, new orleans is fuckin wild! Cant take ten steps without a badass blues band crankin your ears full of amazing tunes, what else you like besides rap?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Dam bro we r from the same era for sure. You said Ed og god dam! Lol. I've met him like twenty times. He's from Boston!
One thing I miss most about LA is running into rappers in random places. Ran into Percee P at the gas station and saw 2Mex at Amoeba. Smoked out with the Shapeshifters crew a few times.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

This is about as close to rap/hiphop I get.Not knocking any tastes,we all have different ones. ;)
Maybe youd like this

Not a Techn9ne fan but heavily into everything else you mentioned. Plus Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Vast Aire, RA the Rugged Man, Gang Starr, BDP/KRS-ONE, Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, EdoG, Gift of Gab, Diverse, Aceyalone, ATU, Visionaries.... And of course MF DOOM. I could go on for days. Underground hip hop was a savior for sure!

I can't stand listening to the rap bullshit they play on TV/radio. Commercial rap is a dangerous tool IMO. Although, I'll be damned if Pimp a Butterfly isn't the best commercial hip hop album in more than a decade. It's been getting constant play since I first heard it. His other albums didn't have much to say IMO, but this one really speaks some truths.

The two worst in hip hop right now- riff raff and stitches. And ansomebody sified as trap music.
Not a huge techn9ne fan but i do like some of his older stuff and this song above he did with kendrick lamar, i cant get this fucking hook outta my head!

Gift of gab.......... grouch and eli are coming thru here soon! Just saw sage francis in may, aesop rock! Fuck yeah! "Got twenty ways to tell you shut the fuck up, nineteen of em are twenty four bars long, the other one goes Shut The Fuck Up!"

What a bummer it was when aesop rocky came out ...makes me want to slap somebody

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

;)
One thing I miss most about LA is running into rappers in random places. Ran into Percee P at the gas station and saw 2Mex at Amoeba. Smoked out with the Shapeshifters crew a few times.
My lady is a huge nerd for 2mex
We try and see him every time he comes thru. Hes real cool to us
I listen to literally EVERYTHING with a deff focus on NE or should I say NY rap! Biggie all time fav rapper! But all Wu, Ghostface Killah literally shaped my adolescent years, he's a gutter mother fucker!! Its so funny how Action Bronsons BITCH ASS is so big in the Canna-Community and he ripped everything he is from Ghostface then Action went on espn's mike n mike and dissed Ghost for no good reason and not showing respect for you elders...the fucking video Ghost made to rebuttal/retaliate on youtube is so fucking funny i was DYING...I dont know how to inbed video but ill try otherwise im just paste the link...YOU Gyoung manA WATCH IT!!! Its 6mins but it is so fucking G and his words go along with the music he has playing in the background so perfectly!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z93IaKPY_Wc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

right above this is the link bc i dont think i did the embed thing right...i copied and pasted the embed from youtube and tried to insert it as media and it said you cannot embed vieo from this source and it was from you tube! WTF?? So then I just tried pasting the embed code in my post which im pretty sure wont work so just click the link!!Anyway click the link and watch it....

I did it it worked!! AWESOME!

Biggie! Fuck yeah. Any old wu out of the 90s i pretty much loved. Ghostface did a solo album in the 90s i think, picture of a moon on the front? I forget, but shit was ill. My big brother got me into wu when i was real young man. Loved the stuff ever since!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Everything but country, very few country songs i like. Everything else, classic rock, reggea,blues,jazz, latin music. Etc etc
Sad thing is Country, or Country and Blues as it used to be called was strait up revolt music- and now it's complete and utter garbage. IMO the same thing happened to punk and hip-hop. Revolt music turned pop trash so record companies could make money.

I personally weep for hip hop in particular, it's an amazing medium for sharing ideas. Shameful shit the only ideas that get widespread play are how money is paramount and ghetto is fresh, women are bitches and not giving a fuck is cool. Ghetto fabulous behavior keeps families in the ghetto, that shit ain't fresh! No one loves the ghetto except rappers and fools.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
;)

My lady is a huge nerd for 2mex
We try and see him every time he comes thru. Hes real cool to us

Biggie! Fuck yeah. Any old wu out of the 90s i pretty much loved. Ghostface did a solo album in the 90s i think, picture of a moon on the front? I forget, but shit was ill. My big brother got me into wu when i was real young man. Loved the stuff ever since!

For me it was Public Enemy. Brother got Apocalypse 91 when I was about 8. I didn't understand 85% of it but I knew it was good. Then rap went gangster and radio rap sucked! I found out about the underground scene about 2000, those first shows were huge for me. There was a college radio station that would do trivia and gave away tickets to winners, I got at least three pair a week until they changed the policy that each person would just get one pair a week. So I'd still call in and win, then call a homie "hey you busy Thursday? You have tickets at will call to such and such let's go..."

For Wu I only ever saw Raekwon, and I sold him a bag of really nice herb, which he smoked in a blunt on stage and got too fucked up and kept dropping raps (sorry to anyone who was there: credit to the grower). I was only there to see the opening act C Rayz Walz, who crushed it!

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I hate the radio. Nothing on the radio is good except for classical, classic rock, and classic country... IMO radio is trash. They cut out minutes worth of solos out of long songs so they can have time for another song. We actually have an old school r&b station now that is pretty cool, they play like bone thugs and shit..
I really don't even listen to music unless I'm driving.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Sad thing is Country, or Country and Blues as it used to be called was strait up revolt music- and now it's complete and utter garbage. IMO the same thing happened to punk and hip-hop. Revolt music turned pop trash so record companies could make money.

I personally weep for hip hop in particular, it's an amazing medium for sharing ideas. Shameful shit the only ideas that get widespread play are how money is paramount and ghetto is fresh, women are bitches and not giving a fuck is cool. Ghetto fabulous behavior keeps families in the ghetto, that shit ain't fresh! No one loves the ghetto except rappers and fools.
TRUTH!!!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I hate the radio. Nothing on the radio is good except for classical, classic rock, and classic country... IMO radio is trash. They cut out minutes worth of solos out of long songs so they can have time for another song. We actually have an old school r&b station now that is pretty cool, they play like bone thugs and shit..
I really don't even listen to music unless I'm driving.
I am ALWAYS listening to music and finding new shit I like....Some funny British Rap, So cool dancing chick out of Slovenia or something...If im in my garden then my phones Pandora or 15gigs of personal music I have on it automatically hooks up with the Jawbone I got down there and in my kitchen it connects to the beats bass box so music is always playing while I/we cook and eat and smoke...pretty much everything...Being in the car driving thou, there is something secial about it! Like how your voice turn into this amazing instrument that matches the song perfectly....lol...at least thats how it sounds in my head!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So its not like this guy is in my top 10 or anywhere close but he has something funny bout him....Shit like this will pop up occasionally followed by some pharcyde then eminem then something like The White Buffalo

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Then when my ass be out running red lights on my fixie im jammin this type shit ALL DAY SON!! This for my FIXIE GOONS!! Skip to like 1:30 mins in for the music

Top Bottom