Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Question from a true foreign alien: what's the appeal of the Road Kill Skunk, the stink that makes people think it's great? Kind of like with crystals, color, "dankness", with people who do not understand much and go for appearance? Because I remember every once in a while a tourist would come and share some "skunk" and I didn't think it was such great a high, just stupefying with some mental acivity but nothing epic.
So people who don't know what they are talking about call everything skunk. If u smoked a true skunk you would remember. As for road kill I believe most people have never smoked it never mind seen it. I'm growing it now but it's a recreation. Should be great but will it be what the actual rks is who knows time will tell. I've been growing over 12 years not that that's an eternity but it's q while and I've never seen a cut of true rks. People smell a real good skunk and walk away saying it was rks and I'd bet money it wasn't. It's very rare man. I can say this what I'm growing has an almost unpleasant odor which is a good thing I think. The s,elk is very heavy and thick in the room. Spoiled meat. Not exactly that but close. Could be rks could just be a stinker. Lol

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

That may be true but either way bacteria will live eat and multiply. So be it a tall skinny container or a low wide container it will work. Container isn't something one should be concerned with. Also not disagreeing with you but I'd bet the difference is minimal. If it holds water and said water can be agitated the tea will be fine.mi think we all ten to way over think everything. I know I've said it ten million times keep it simple on every level.

I agree... the container does not matter. the dissolved oxygen content IN the water is all that matters.
Use a rubber boot for all I care....

So people who don't know what they are talking about call everything skunk. If u smoked a true skunk you would remember. As for road kill I believe most people have never smoked it never mind seen it. I'm growing it now but it's a recreation. Should be great but will it be what the actual rks is who knows time will tell. I've been growing over 12 years not that that's an eternity but it's q while and I've never seen a cut of true rks. People smell a real good skunk and walk away saying it was rks and I'd bet money it wasn't. It's very rare man. I can say this what I'm growing has an almost unpleasant odor which is a good thing I think. The s,elk is very heavy and thick in the room. Spoiled meat. Not exactly that but close. Could be rks could just be a stinker. Lol

"skunk" is a generic term these days with no real meaning.... I've had real RKS only twice... same guy both times and he was from Oklahoma... I wish I could find him, but he was the ex-wifes moms boyfriend and for only a short time at that... I'm not barking up that tree... I know exactly what rotten fruit would fall out...

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I'm unsure why your plans are to take the plants early and late. Why not take them at the optimum time. The plant will let yo know when she is ready.
True, I guess by then I will have a microscope loup.. I don't really know what kind of strain she is, so I was thinkin I would see what type of buzz I'd get off of differently timed harvest to see when the best time to harvest is. I've read alot so I know the micro-loup would help me out alot.

Tnelz

Tnelz

True, I guess by then I will have a microscope loup.. I don't really know what kind of strain she is, so I was thinkin I would see what type of buzz I'd get off of differently timed harvest to see when the best time to harvest is. I've read alot so I know the micro-loup would help me out alot.
Almost a necessity bro. However there is nothing wrong with doing it that way if that's what you want brother. But I just think you would be better served picking her when she is done.mthe loupe will allow you to judge that. I'd suggest instead of weeks apart you take one when the trichs are just starting to cloud up one when they are fully cloudy and one once most have turned Amber. I'm a 80 percent cloudy 20 Amber guy personally. But whatever you do I wish u the best man. Glad the experience brings u happiness man.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Did I do something wrong when I monstercrop cloned these? All taken in flower look like this.
1449106535952 603686762

shemshemet

shemshemet

That may be true but either way bacteria will live eat and multiply. So be it a tall skinny container or a low wide container it will work. Container isn't something one should be concerned with. Also not disagreeing with you but I'd bet the difference is minimal. If it holds water and said water can be agitated the tea will be fine.mi think we all ten to way over think everything. I know I've said it ten million times keep it simple on every level.

Yes the main point is definitely get a strong air pump!

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

I got a torrent goin now... watch it tonight...
if its bad, I'm blaming you for the waste of time....

EDIT:
Ned, you're gonna die whilst everyone else is ganna be puzzled...
I got a buddy who's a straya cunt.... he seems to think its quite accurate

Ok sea watched the first 15 mins , id say similar quality to a cheech and chong film has Doc off z nation in it who does a good stoner .lol but incorperates using thc for ptds . modern look i suppose . thats all the spoilers im doing .

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

no excuses... you just need to try harder when sourcing your shit....

40X - 25mm lens with LED Lights
$2.20
MJ40x25JL 2

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Can't help man. I don't even know what monster cropping is. Lol. I lst and top whatever node I feel like. Usually bend the main stem into an L then do some topping and bending as it grows whenever I feel like I should.

Monster cropping is taking a clone from a flowering plant and revegging it, making it produce mutated growth for a month then explode with branching. Not a very efficient technique ime and I think it fucks with the final bud structure more than I like. @Junk started a thread about it in fact, didn't prefer it much either. His experiment is well documented as opposed to mine being years ago memories of experience.

Just droppin' by for my weekly stop and comment lol. Crazy, this thread blows up at least 20 pages between visits lately. A hell of a thread you started man.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Monster cropping is taking a clone from a flowering plant and revegging it, making it produce mutated growth for a month then explode with branching. Not a very efficient technique ime and I think it fucks with the final bud structure more than I like. @Junk started a thread about it in fact, didn't prefer it much either. His experiment is well documented as opposed to mine being years ago memories of experience.

Just droppin' by for my weekly stop and comment lol. Crazy, this thread blows up at least 20 pages between visits lately. A hell of a thread you started man.
Thanks for the wisdom. Def going to stick to my program but to each his own. The thread is pretty awesome cuz of people like you man. Never even saw it coming. Lol

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I've never heard of that, but it's certainly resourceful lol.

If those numbers were realistic, yes. So, if you are speaking theoretically, you can use that to gauge harvest time.

I don't think you are going to run into that problem though. I have not grown hundreds of strains like many people here. But in the few dozen or so that I have run, I have yet to find a single one that finishes in anything less than 70, +/- 2 days. I'm sure there are some that are ready to be cut on day 57, but I haven't seen it.

It's just my educated guess - your week 7 stuff is nowhere near ripe. & if i recall correctly, the rate that thc increases is non-linear. Your week 9 stuff will be far more potent. I think that plant wants 11 weeks. If I end up getting a hold of it, I'm betting the optimal cut down date would be 77 days.

But with the two week window, 9 weeks might be right...who knows...

Fun, Fun, Fun!!
I ended up taking cuts off my ghost og from a few different days for this exact reason.

day 66 still tasted too green
day 67 same deal
Day 69 getting better but no cigar
Day 71 tasted more like bud then plant, strong smell after cure
Day 73 well developed great taste, super potent and great smell after cure
Day 75 a league above the previous cuts
Day 77 fuely and stinky as fuck after cure, but after smoking something for 2 months straight you get to know it better. My day 75 was more potent it seems. At that point where your smoke stops effecting you as much, the day 77 fizzled out while the day 75 stayed strong.

These were just personal observations with this particular strain and my particular setup so it would be different for most. But in my garden, i know how i personally like my ghost og to grow. the point is to "dial it in", and grow it better and better til you get it right for YOU.
Like seafour always talking about the entourage effect, how not just thc or cbd, but how all the components interact with one another to give you your high?

I think this is true on top of the thought that all bud effects people differently. The same reason why me, and a good handful of other vet bud smokers dislike blue dream. But i know some people who spring for it, love it, always after it and would even pay MORE for it...everyone is different, everyones body reacts different. Its important to remember that when considering this question @Stumpy420
Imo you should find out how it best affects you, and make this decision from experience instead of advice.

cut multiple "good nugs" not bullshit and see how the difference in smoke works for YOU. Then next 2 3 runs with this plant youll know when the right time is homie : ) keep at it

shemshemet

shemshemet

Anybody have any information on proverde labs in MA / New England? Are they trustworthy? Give accurate results?

To get anything tested all your information is given to them. Drivers license, medical card, etc.

Not sure I want to give that out to just anybody.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

While talking about carbon scrubbers......So you know how they can be used both ways? Either sucking in the air from your tent/room or it can blow out the air from your room...Well has anyone ever used the same scrubber both ways?? I am asking bc Ill be getting a new scrubber in prolly 2 months (as soon as current grow is over) And for all this previous year I have had it attached to the ceiling of the inside of my tent sucking up all the stinky air but now, to make more head room for my ladies I want to change up the ducting and where the scrubber is to the outside of my tent blowing out the now cleaned air from my tent. I am just wondering if it is going to work just fine or since I have been using it sucking in all this time, will blowing out all of a sudden cause it to..idk blow out stinky air it has trapped??
JORGE CERVANTEZ SAYS!!: "Blowing air is half as efficient as pulling air!"

Lol i had to do it all over the top like that. Had to. No questions

Jorge has been known to be wrong and not as modern of a grower. But dude is pretty damn smart, and did a lot for MJ growing culture so while some people knock him, im a big fan : ) and still employ a handful of his techniques

Junk

Junk

I still have to finish that thread. That run is done, have the pics, just haven't finished it. But you are right in my opinion of it. It's useful for creating a new mother that will create a ton of clone sites. But taking it back to flower, the growth is just too intense, sporadic, & unrelenting. They also matured later, & one of them hermied on me. No reason for it to hermie, I disturbed the light cycle 1 time, with green light. No nanners, one branch just seeded up. I didn't even notice it, someone else did.

If anyone has any ideas for the next experiment I'm open. But I would def not take monster crops back to flower as a regular practice. It may have been a combination of the hydro vigor & monster crop growth, but it was just too much. 8" tall when I flipped & I ran out of headroom.

Junk

Junk

JORGE CERVANTEZ SAYS!!: "Blowing air is half as efficient as pulling air!"

Lol i had to do it all over the top like that. Had to. No questions

Jorge has been known to be wrong and not as modern of a grower. But dude is pretty damn smart, and did a lot for MJ growing culture so while some people knock him, im a big fan : ) and still employ a handful of his techniques

He is correct. I'm not sure it's 50% exactly but the physics are correct.

The way centrifugal fans work, the most air movement in the chain is right before & after the fan. But if you measure air movement the same distance away from the fan...say 4 feet after the fan (blowing) & 4 ft in front (sucking) the air movement from the latter will be more efficient.

Air flow in front of the fan is much more turbulent, hence, less efficient as you get further away. Some people will use a regular fan as an example to debate this. A regular fan, in a regular room is so far away from the physics involved in what we are talking about, it's useless.

A lot of people don't know that most of the flex vent pipe we use is directional. Having it the wrong way causes turbulence. You also want it stretched to capacity. You want the air moving though as smooth a channel as possible. Ideally, we would all be using smooth pipe.

Behind the fan, a smooth efficient draw...a current. Directly in front is a powerful gust of air good for cooling, but past that point, unless you have amazing ducting, turbulence causes a problem. Imagine a river flowing...the current strength. Then imagine it hits a waterfall (turbulence)...that's sort of the effect that happens. I don't know if it's 50% though.

You can minimize this effect a great deal by making sure the ducting after the fan is as short, smooth, & straight as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom