Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

If you do the side by side, do me a favor and test one cutting using saliva as the rooting agent, which is what I use. Just spread some spit on the stem and stick it in the medium, ]
Cool, Weird lol, but no problem dude. I root with nothing but a peat huck and water, which leads me to believe saliva might not rely be doin much lol. But who knows!

We have a ton of bacteria in our mouth. Maybe some of its beneficial lmao

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Hello fellow growers. Never done hydroponics before, so I thought I would give it a go! All my grows are on a strict budget so for now I'm constructing my own. For my grow, I've decided to go for quick flower and harvest asap. My question is, will this container be suitable? Also, the basket im using for this is actually soft rubber, like a massive grommet. Will that affect the grow in any way? taking into count I am growing short and sweet. I will have it completed tomorrow when I purchase a pump and chemicals

WP 20151220 007
WP 20151220 005
WP 20151220 006
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

(wish I could do that down here in Southamerica!)
My mother was born and raised in Uruguay and her mother as well. I have lots of family still there and my grandparents still have a house there about a block away from the beach that we have been visiting since i was a kid...I know Uruguay is the 1st country to go completely legal and they are finally getting to working out all the kinks. When everything is established there wouldn't you be able to get cuts/seeds/or at least better genetics there?

lemons

lemons

Hello fellow growers. Never done hydroponics before, so I thought I would give it a go! All my grows are on a strict budget so for now I'm constructing my own. For my grow, I've decided to go for quick flower and harvest asap. My question is, will this container be suitable? Also, the basket im using for this is actually soft rubber, like a massive grommet. Will that affect the grow in any way? taking into count I am growing short and sweet. I will have it completed tomorrow when I purchase a pump and chemicals

As long as no light gets through you should be set. Black was a good choice. You might want to grab another bucket to set your girls in when cleaning and maintaining your reservoir.

Not speaking from experience, so you there may be something I'm not noticing.

lemons

lemons

#birdgang on some chicken run shit this morning. Gotta secure the rest of their coop when it warms up around noon.

Morning peeps! Thinkin about goin fishin or back to sleep. Hope everyone has a great day.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

As long as no light gets through you should be set. Black was a good choice. You might want to grab another bucket to set your girls in when cleaning and maintaining your reservoir.

Not speaking from experience, so you there may be something I'm not noticing.
Thanks for the feedback mate! Any info helps my friend. Its completely sealed yes, I've also got another container the same size so I'm considering connecting them together. Sounds crazy for something so small but why not, I'm prepared to risk it. In other news, I've just switched my plants over to veg as of now. 4 weeks old

WP 20151220 008
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

View attachment 556678

So the answer to your question is no, absolutely not. Uruguay did not go completely legal: foreigners are not allowed to even smoke, much less grow, distribute or even buy. Only Uruguayans properly licensed are allowed to smoke or grow. Former president's Mujica's idea, implemented in the new law, is to keep track of everyone having to do with pot, "keep them identified". That introduces an enormous disincentive to obtain a license, do you think being licensed is going to work on your favor when looking for a job, obtain public employment, getting public assisstance, dealing with police when getting a traffic ticket, etc.? As this CNN article put it: "For anyone considering traveling to Uruguay to smoke marijuana legally, President Jose Mujica, a big supporter of the law, says go elsewhere. The law doesn't give foreigners the right to smoke or even buy the drug. In fact, consumers, sellers and distributors all have to be licensed by the government. With the help of state-of-the-art technology, authorities will track every gram or marijuana sold, according to Canepa. Bags will be bar-coded. The genetic information of plants that are legally produced will be kept on file. This will allow police to determine whether illegal marijuana is being commercialized."

Thank you for adding that to the comparison! I am pretty sure you'll be surprised, there is a scientific basis for saliva stimulating root growth, as the "Dirt Doctor" Howard Garrett in this article. "The best rooting hormone is human saliva. Yes, you read that correctly: Apply saliva to the cut end of the stem before planting. I like to use an organic rooting medium made of 40 percent compost, 40 percent coconut fiber and a 20 percent mixture of lava sand, greensand, expanded shale and alfalfa meal. I don't recommend using peat moss."
Thanks for the info! I had no idea they were gonna be so strict but I guess it makes sense!..lol..im gonna have to get my cousins to go get it for me when I visit!

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

You should be careful man. The drastic change could be the factor thatll herm your plant. Its important to keep your roots protected from the extreme cold and heat more than anything else imo. If someone else wants to chime in to agree with or correct me about any of that please do, but my very first plant (outdoor) was doing fine facing the cold until i started bringing it inside and putting a heater on it. Nanners... Nanners... Nanners....

I believe the reason I have no issue with 103+ in the summer is large pots insulating my roots against the heat... I've not had so much as a wilting leaf holding constant at that temp for 2 weeks+ solid in the summer

If you do the side by side, do me a favor and test one cutting using saliva as the rooting agent, which is what I use. Just spread some spit on the stem and stick it in the medium, I bet it beats Clonex (I would do this experiment, but have no access to Clonex or any rooting gel).

Changing topic, have you guys heard of a strain called Dutch Treat? I am watching this video of a guy buying weed off a dispensary (I wish I could do that down here in Southamerica!) and the label on the jar shows it tested 30.19% THC! Is that even possible? It's around minute 2:15 in this Youtube video.

View attachment 556615

IBA powder is my choice, I'm sure you've got a place for people who grow roses or some shit... they'd probably have something...
Failing that, hit up a mercado for some aloe filets... I'm sure you can get that.
Aloe is loaded with enzymes, amino acids and secondary metabolites... it contains growth hormones and natural rooting compounds like Salicylic acid.
If you've got willow trees nearby, thats even better. Willow bark contains natural plant growth hormones like indolebutyric acid (IBA) and Salicylic acid (SA) which can be used for rooting new cuttings... you use the fresh growing tips of willow branches... by cutting them, and soaking them in water, you can get significant quantities of IBA to leach out into the water. The more cuttings that are used and the longer they are soaked in water, the stronger your willow water will be.

Thanks for the info! I had no idea they were gonna be so strict but I guess it makes sense!..lol..im gonna have to get my cousins to go get it for me when I visit!

the genetic thing should bother all of us... its a horrible system that demonizes the users while monopolizing the entire industry.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I believe the reason I have no issue with 103+ in the summer is large pots insulating my roots against the heat... I've not had so much as a wilting leaf holding constant at that temp for 2 weeks+ solid in the summer

IBA powder is my choice, I'm sure you've got a place for people who grow roses or some shit... they'd probably have something...
Failing that, hit up a mercado for some aloe filets... I'm sure you can get that.
Aloe is loaded with enzymes, amino acids and secondary metabolites... it contains growth hormones and natural rooting compounds like Salicylic acid.
If you've got willow trees nearby, thats even better. Willow bark contains natural plant growth hormones like indolebutyric acid (IBA) and Salicylic acid (SA) which can be used for rooting new cuttings... you use the fresh growing tips of willow branches... by cutting them, and soaking them in water, you can get significant quantities of IBA to leach out into the water. The more cuttings that are used and the longer they are soaked in water, the stronger your willow water will be.

the genetic thing should bother all of us... its a horrible system that demonizes the users while monopolizing the entire industry.
I agree! And honestly it is so sad that the first "legal country" is setting such a terrible example of how legal cannabis can work. Down there right now it is basically a trap.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Just gotta say the giveaway Scott from Nectar and the guy from Slf-100 are doing on IG is crazy! Their full advanced lineup in 5 gallon size plus a 10gal jug of Herculean Harvest and a 5gal jug of SLF-100 and a 5gal jug of The Kracken plus to round out ALL that amazing shit is 20 bags of their #4 nectar soil! I would be thru the moon if I won that shit....With the size of my operation, I wouldn't have to buy ANY nutes for a year or more!!!!

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Just gotta say the giveaway Scott from Nectar and the guy from Slf-100 are doing on IG is crazy! Their full advanced lineup in 5 gallon size plus a 10gal jug of Herculean Harvest and a 5gal jug of SLF-100 and a 5gal jug of The Kracken plus to round out ALL that amazing shit is 20 bags of their #4 nectar soil! I would be thru the moon if I won that shit....With the size of my operation, I wouldn't have to buy ANY nutes for a year or more!!!!
: O

Tnelz

Tnelz

Someone else suggested watering with plain water the next few times, sounds like that could help it out if it is the problem. I'll do some reading on k lockouts, thanks.

Edit: apparently cold weather can cause a k lock out. Would be safer to raise the temp 5/10f a night till it gets where it needs to be? @gardnguyahoy ?
If your in coco don't water with plain water ever. It messes up the balance in the root zone. It will or at least could cause more problems than it will fix. Your issue is probably k but it's probably caused by salt build up or just plain salty coco. Water with a light nutrient solution.

Tnelz

Tnelz

So looking for anyone who has grown goji og. Especially the usual suspects. For the entire grow the smell has been raw fuel. Very dank og smell. Went in today and I've got a very strong smell reminisent of strawberry. Was talking to power the other day saying I wish I had a pheno like that. Apparently the ganja gods herd me. Lol. I'm at 8 weeks with all my ladies on the 26th and I'll be taking at least one plant early and a couple others probably at 65 but it's looking like the goji will go 65 plus. Anyway any goji growers get the strawberry smell late in the process or was it always there?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
So looking for anyone who has grown goji og. Especially the usual suspects. For the entire grow the smell has been raw fuel. Very dank og smell. Went in today and I've got a very strong smell reminisent of strawberry. Was talking to power the other day saying I wish I had a pheno like that. Apparently the ganja gods herd me. Lol. I'm at 8 weeks with all my ladies on the 26th and I'll be taking at least one plant early and a couple others probably at 65 but it's looking like the goji will go 65 plus. Anyway any goji growers get the strawberry smell late in the process or was it always there?
Grew a cut of goji and it was nice n frosty and smells nasty og early but we let it got 70 days and after the cure it was straight berry sweet pie got rid of it tho because of yeild

Tnelz

Tnelz

Grew a cut of goji and it was nice n frosty and smells nasty og early but we let it got 70 days and after the cure it was straight berry sweet pie got rid of it tho because of yeild
Thanks bro. This particular pheno is a yielder for sure. Multiple full colas. Very very happy. Something that will be around a good long time assuming the smoke is right. Frosty as hell amazing smell and more than a solid yielder. I'll have my camera in 4 days. Pics up immediately.

Tnelz

Tnelz

@SourDank i have to thank you for those beans man. Popped very few and found a definite winner. Next though I put a mss x appy in in a 2 gallon square pot. It's about two weeks in and it's exactly what you said it was. Solid blanket of frost it's on the mss side smell wise with a hash plant finish and it's just loaded with bud. I've got another going in next round and I'll keep the better of the two but I do believe they will be close to identical. Love the plant man. Thank you very much. Hope all is well.

Top Bottom