Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Got a warning for accidentally seeding a photography book when getting the new walking dead last night, and a few weeks ago they gave us a warning for something that happened like 6 months ago

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I use tixati... there's an option for "stop seeding after:" 0.01% is the lowest you can go...
generally it stops immediately upon completion... unless nobody gets a packet from you...
I'm a dick about seeding automatically

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Got a warning for accidentally seeding a photography book when getting the new walking dead last night, and a few weeks ago they gave us a warning for something that happened like 6 months ago
wow...i download all sorts of torrents and have never had or even heard of a letter being sent about that kinda stuff....i never seed my shit just dwonload shit

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Dab break, back to work...

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Anybody here ever use one of these filters instead of the regular carbon scrubber??? I was reading reviews with people raving about these but idk. They say it's re washable and usable well over 10 times. If this is all true and it really does block out smell the same it would deff save monies down the line.....Whatta ya think?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
whats centurylink doing? I use them often.... 2 of my best signals are from them... the first step I take is changing the router password so nobody can change or do anything like look at the "connected clients" list without physically resetting the router to factory settings... which I would become aware of quite quickly... I've not seen an issue and I've recently been collecting a shit-ton of 360 games to polish up the collection on my 2TB rgh xbox... I've almost got everything, plus 1000 dlc's on the beast.... random, but I'd know if comcast was crying about piracy... I've had not so much as a signal interruption...

they're certainly not near as bad as comcast with their reduced speeds and empty threat "notices of action under the DMCA"

View attachment 575363

Simple fix, use a VPN. Those DMCA notices can be problematic, and Comcast is serious about pursuing charges.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

comcast has no rights to do anything but cut service... which they do... after 6 strikes and a major speed reduction.
Most people simply ignore the notices.
Comcast is required to notify you of the claim under the DMCA so they don't get sued.
It's extremely unlikely that the copyright holder will take any legal action whatsoever ever.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
comcast has no rights to do anything but cut service... which they do... after 6 strikes and a major speed reduction.
Most people simply ignore the notices.
Comcast is required to notify you of the claim under the DMCA so they don't get sued.
It's extremely unlikely that the copyright holder will take any legal action whatsoever ever.

I understand how it works and Comcast is known to forward repeat violators info to the appropriate copyright holders. I'll dig up some links to confirm this point. (Most specifically, a 12 year old child was sued by Metallica for downloading a song off the POS album Death Magnetic back in like '07. His parents were Comcast subscribers.)

Regardless of their responsibilities, why deal with getting notices at all if you can spend $50 a year and have encrypted traffic with a spoofed IP and near total internet anonymity? Personally I won't get online without my VPN being connected first. Since using a VPN, I haven't had a single notice show up.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I'm not saying it cant happen, I'm saying its highly unlikely, and further, its careless folks or the uninformed 12 year old who seeds 10,000 songs continuously and indefinitely... there are some horror stories... but if the date is correct, thats purposefully deceptive of bloomberg to say,

4/10/2010
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...0/07/10/file_sharing_damages_reduced_tenfold/

US District Court Judge Nancy Gertner ruled that the amount a federal jury ordered Joel Tenenbaum to pay last July was "unconstitutionally excessive'' in light of what she described as the modest harm caused to the record labels. She cut the award to $67,500, one-tenth the original sum.

"There is no question that this reduced award is still severe, even harsh,'' she wrote in a 62-page order.

more current news....

US federal judge: IP address not enough to prove someone downloaded pirated movies
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/us-federal...ove-someone-downloaded-pirated-movies-1496174

Piracy lawsuits face new hurdle after judge rules against mass claims
https://www.rt.com/usa/broad-piracy-lawsuits-judge-rule-437/

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/02/bittorrent-illegal-downloads-ip-address-lawsuit
"I think the trend is towards judges looking at [piracy] cases more carefully than they used to, requiring more upfront investigation," says Mitch Stoltz, a staff attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF). "There may always be some judges who will simply rubber-stamp these cases…but there are fewer of those judges than before."

When companies bring copyright lawsuits, they often don't know the identities of the alleged pirates. (This was true in the Dallas Buyers Club case.) Instead, they use IP addresses, unique numbers assigned to each device on an internet network, to track the computers that have been used for illegal downloading. Then they ask a judge to issue a subpoena to the internet service providers, so they can obtain the name of the person associated with that IP address. If the judge approves this request, plaintiffs can make additional demands, such as seeking a copy of the person's hard drive. Armed with this information, the plaintiff then typically forces the defendants to settle. The average settlement ranges from $2,000 to $5,000, says Jeffrey Antonelli, a Chicago attorney who has represented numerous people accused of illegal BitTorrent use.

since they cant do mass claims, and an ip address is no longer enough to identify, its primarily really repetitive uploaders like ETRG & YIFY who are getting traced and busted...

Last edited:
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@NaturalTherapy

DAAAAAYYYUUUUMM!!! All your plants lately loos SO INCREDIBLE!!! Its like your effortlessly growing and posting thses gems like it ain't no thang!!!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
@NaturalTherapy
DAAAAAYYYUUUUMM!!! All your plants lately loos SO INCREDIBLE!!! Its like your effortlessly growing and posting thses gems like it ain't no thang!!!
Thank you Laz, but it's far from effortless. I put several hours of attention into these plants every day, and spent several years of research and learning to assess plants' needs. I'm getting better!

I agree with Lazerus, all your plants lately look amazing and the photography is also impeccable. And the African Haze, o my, looking like an incredible sativa-dominant strain. Chemdog D x Original Haze background... I truly can't wait for the smoke report on that one!
Thanks Fidel! Glad you like the photography. The Chemdog D x Original haze (D Haze) will likely be in my next round of flowering plants.
This one is the African Haze, which is Nigerian Haze x Malawi. I have a Nigerian haze pheno which seems like it'll be finished under 80 days.

miko

miko

630w LEC getting a performance check. 3 days in I see increased resin production in finishing plants. I wouldn't believe it if someone told me, but I'm looking at it. I'll snap some better photos soon, but I think I may have found the upgrade I want. At 750 per fixture though it'll be a gradual upgrade.View attachment 575195

I have 6 of the 315W and like them. Actually 7, but the 7th is backup in case one goes down. :)
They were $600 each when I got them.. so very expensive. Would have liked the higher watt ones for sure...

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Things I've noticed since getting a microscope

Temp of tea really helps, I've run em too cold(50) and too hot(90) but if I put a lid on my 5 gal bucket the heat from the compressor will transfer through the air to the tea and keep it right around 75 and blamo full o rods

Fuck the recommended dose of products like neptunes harvest, it will not support the bennies I just used half (as recommened by tim to use less if your water and brewing method suck like mine) of microbe mans dose, 3.5 ml for 3 gal of tea, and I got a freaking party going on

Wish I could share pics maybe I'll try and figure out a good way to rig a camera to the scope some day...

Top Bottom